[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does a letter jacket have to cost 500 bucks? am i making a m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

File: nahkatakki.jpg (180KB, 700x745px) Image search: [Google]
nahkatakki.jpg
180KB, 700x745px
does a letter jacket have to cost 500 bucks? am i making a mistake in buying this one? the jacket is made from buffalo hide, ive heard that it's a good material.

here's the link to the website
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-classic-u-boat-leather-jacket/33112

also, i'm not too well versed in fashion so i'll ask you, what should i wear with this jacket?
>>
What's the deal with awkward autists and leather jackets
>>
>>11213400
Don't get it anon, you want to stick with a more classic design for a pricey jacket.

But you don't have to buy one new. It's kind of the whole point that those expensive jackets last forever so you can get good ones second hand. What's important is you go and try it on to see how it fits and how it looks on you.

In general what to wear? Black jeans and a grey sweater or a striped tee is easy and inoffensive. Black boots ofc.
>>
should cost a lot more for a decent one
>>
It's well made but hideous.
You can do better than that.
>>
don't get it looks bad af.
>>
>>11213400
buffalo hide leather are usually made to stop shrapnel and slow down low caliber bullets
unless you're dog the bounty hunter i think you're better off getting something softer,just a classic schott would suffice
>>
>>11213400
It looks like something your loser dad might wear. Just buy a Schott Perfecto or BLK DNM 5.
>>
>>11213407
but this one doesn't have a well known brand slapped onto it.
>>
>>11213518
doesnt matter, you are getting mall tier shoe leather for that price which will look and feel like garbage
>>
File: toinen nahkatakki.jpg (134KB, 700x744px) Image search: [Google]
toinen nahkatakki.jpg
134KB, 700x744px
what about this one then? i can't pay 900 dollars for a piece of clothing. that's why i'm looking at the ones from this shop since they seem to be of quite nice quality and their price seems good to me.
>>
>>11213400
>does a letter jacket have to cost 500 bucks? am i making a mistake in buying this one?

Usually yes OP. If you want a good looking Leather Moto Jacket yes. You gotta invest around 500 or more. But real leather is worth it, lasts very long and adapts to your body.
>>
>>11213526
But you can OP. Just keep saving and keep saving. Leather ain't cheap so make sure it's a piece you're going to wear this isn't disposable like fast fashion, not at all.

If you're going to just use it for a moment to then forget about it just buy a faux, seriously. Or at least meet with someone who does leather work and pay him to build one.
>>
>>11213543
but why should i save and buy a 900 dollar one when i could just buy either of these for 200 dollars, please tell me why buying the 900 one is worth it, i am sure leather doesn't actually cost that much, just that many people are ready to pay for fashion.
>>
>>11213555
have you ever felt the difference between the leather and construction on some shitty nike shoe compared to that on a high end leather bag or some other garment
the latter is buttery soft, looks amazing and will last a lifetime, the other will not
with 200, especially for a piece of leather as big as a jacket, the quality will be absolute shite
>>
>>11213555
Lazy answer: Quallity.

More complex answer: The leather's will be of higher quality, the construction will be more on point more true to your size and will take the form of your body with usage. I'm ignorant of how good buffalo leather is, it seems that its authentic and they're not bullshiting you through but as you can see from the photos the construction isn't as refined as say: https://www.iroparis.com/gl_en/remy-16405.html
>>
800 isn't that much for a jacket that will last a lifetime. Don't buy a leather jacket if you are not willing to fork over the cash for a decent one.
>>
File: vielä toinen nahkatakki.jpg (105KB, 576x800px) Image search: [Google]
vielä toinen nahkatakki.jpg
105KB, 576x800px
>>11213565
tell you what, i'll order the jacket, if it is shit, you win, but i can return it bc this shop has a really nice return policy.

now which of the jackets posted so far would you or other people here recommend?
>>
>>11213587
Great. Tell us how it went and thank you.
>>
>>11213587
That's where we encounter our second problem OP: all of these jackets look fucking dreadful and not one of the designs posted so far is even wearable
>>
File: 31004d.jpg (359KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
31004d.jpg
359KB, 1200x628px
>>11213587
Go for the bomber >>11213526
imho it's the better one of the 3? I think they're just 3. But I don't know for certain, you should choose what you like the most.

Just avoid looking like this. It doesn't turns me on, looks fat and I'm somewhat of a leather fetishist. I'm guessing that the jacket end up being too baggy/loose.
>>
>>11213606
yeah i'm fairly sure that pic was done as a joke :DD
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 599x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 599x402px
>>11213400
leather only looks good on animals fascist
>>
>>11213676
Feels fucking good man
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 540x720px
>>11213682
leather jackets are autism tier
>>
>>11213688
>flails

What a terrible choice.
>>
>>11213676
b-but aren't humans animals as well anon?
>>
>>11213701
we dont skin humans
>>
>>11213710
>implying I'm not literally dressed in Rick Owens right now
>>
>>11213710
well yeah humans have pretty thin skin so we wouldn't be too good for clothing, also do you know how much human skin would cost? humans are expensive dude.
>>
>>11213526
>>11213526
Do not buy any of these shitty dad jackets, buy a used designer one off grailed for ~400
>>
>>11213741
how can you be so sure that they are shit? so far ive only had good experience with this shop.
>>
Dude I don't know about the quality but they all look really ugly
>>
>>
>>11213699
those are nunchucks. not flails but flails are terrible weapons as well.

>>11213718
there are some pants in a museum made of human skin. necro pants I think they're called, they look disgusting but because they were badly made, could be good if a good craft person did them, idk.

>>11213762
yeah all of them seem Jesse Ventura tier.
>>
>>11213772
Yea I bet you are not a fashion model to look good in everything like that fuccboi you posted.
>>
>>11213587
>tell you what, i'll order the jacket, if it is shit, you win, but i can return it bc this shop has a really nice return policy.
dude can you shut the fuck up already and buy what you want? You seem to have already decided to buy garbage, so go for it. Buy it, regret, like many of us have done. I'm out.
>>
>>11213861
did you read my post? i said that if it's shit i will return it, do you know what that means? well let me tell you, it means that i get my money back, what am i supposed to regret?
>>
File: _IGP4628.jpg (430KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
_IGP4628.jpg
430KB, 1024x685px
I got this 80s or 90s dutch biker jacket for 30€
it fits horribly because of the shoulder padding
but I'll keep it for metal and bike reasons
>>
so ugly jackets here.
>>
>>11213880
I think that the only thing you will be losing is the money from taxes. But yeah go ahead do your experiment, I would go for the bomber, flight jacket desu senpai baka.
>>
>>11213922
yeah i already ordered the jacket, i guess i'll make a new thread in a day or two when it arrives.
>>
File: 1460237652404.jpg (30KB, 378x504px) Image search: [Google]
1460237652404.jpg
30KB, 378x504px
I didn't read through the thread, assuming it's just full of the usual SLP retard homo children.

Here's some basic stuff for you OP.

1) Price =/= quality. A good leather jacket will cost you a few hundred, up to a grand. Anything above that is brand retardation. (again, NEVER listen to SLP or Rick homos!)

2) The single most important thing about a leather jacket is fit. A cheap shit jacket that fits you well will look a lot better than an expensive one that sags on you. Pay attention to the shoulder area. It is usually the place where you can recognise a good cut. You want to fill out the shoulders and still have a slim waist. (unless you're going for the old school jacket look)

3) Learn about different types of leather. Most jackets are made of lamb or cow or some shit. Each one has a different feel and texture. Watch out for 'corrected grain' or 'brushed' leather. It can still be a good jacket, but if it's lower priced, you can be sure that it is chemically treated to make it smoother, which is a sign of lesser quality.

4) This is just my personal recommendation: Buy something simple and clean. (again, don't listen to SLP homos!) You don't want to embarrass yourself by having a ton of pockets and zippers on you. It will make you sick after a while. Go for something that you will still wear in a year or two, that can be combined with a lot of styles.
>>
>>11214012
sounds like somebodies crush is getting fucked by an SLP wearing chad.
>>
>>11214051
>I'm crying because someone insulted my precious eselpee
>>
>>11213974
I'm worried that you won't be able to see shit quality when it arrives
You're clearly a numbskull and your taste is dire. Do you even know what size you need?
>>
>>11214076
i will be sure to post pictures so that you can personally with your superior knowledge tell the quality of the leather, i will also post maximum cringe posing pictures.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (117KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg
117KB, 1000x1000px
>herranvuosi 2010(+6)
>nahkatakki

tuunko täräyttää vittu???
>>
>>11214082
Yeah go for it. But even these pictures show problems. The scrunching along seams, the overall texture looks poor.
Predicting you'll look like you're wearing an armoured trash bag.
>>
>>11214091
mitäs vittua? :DD
>>11214097
i don't hang out with /fa/ type of people (sadly? :DD) so i guess small imperfections wont be a problem.
>>
>>11213400
nigga just buy a real motorbike jacket, they are designed to look good and can take a real beating.
>>
>>11214051
>chad wearing slp
what are you on about
>>
>>11213881
so remove the padding? it's not that hard.
>>
op if youre still here, because im rich and feeling generous, i will sell you my 90's versace leather motorcycle jacket for 800 dollars. its a masterpeice of the highest order. let me know if youre interested
>>
>>11213676
I love the feeling of an animals flesh against mine.

Deal with it PETA faggot.
>>
File: goebbels jacket.jpg (184KB, 489x699px) Image search: [Google]
goebbels jacket.jpg
184KB, 489x699px
w2c Goebbels' anti-bourgeois leather jacket?
>>
File: goebbels jacket 2.jpg (15KB, 236x337px) Image search: [Google]
goebbels jacket 2.jpg
15KB, 236x337px
>>
File: goebbels jacket 3.gif (48KB, 183x300px) Image search: [Google]
goebbels jacket 3.gif
48KB, 183x300px
>>
>>11215485
probably from some skinned kikes or something
>>
>>11213400
>buffalo hide, ive heard that it's a good material.
read butcher's crossing
>>
>>11214051
Normalfags think SLP is too gay. Basic bitch Chads follow trends not styles, they can't afford SLP either.

>>11215344
ask for his size first and tell him the one of your jacket.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.