[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is uniqlo actually better than other fast fashion alternatives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (22KB, 384x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 384x383px
Is uniqlo actually better than other fast fashion alternatives?
Pretty much just seems like another H&M or cotton on to me
>>
Its much, much better.

Go into uniqlo and compare the material of their down jackets to one in H&M. You'll find one is much softer and smoother

Now compare the denim, one is much thicker and more substantial.

The jackets, again one is much thicker.

H&M is awful. Made to be obsolete the year after both trend wise and construction wise
>>
then you're a retard, most uniqlo stuff is better than the quality of most H&M stuff even at a quick glance and touch especially recently
>>
>>11197842
Cotton on clothes are basically full of holes by the 3rd month of wearing them, so the extra price is worth it with uniqlo for buying basics?
I liked thailand uniqlo but the australian one seems a bit eh appearance wise
>>
its not as good as people would have you believe on here
its still better than stuff like h&m but there isnt a huge difference
>>
>>11197847
Its definitely worth the extra price. The reason why people choose H&M or CottonOn over Uniqlo is because its not especially cool. They don't use tattooed models and they don't follow trends. But that's one of the things that makes it good, a blank woollen sweater or an Oxford shirt won't go out of fashion
>>
>>11197847
one would assume theyd be of similar quality
maybe the presentation of the clothes is different or something
as much as people hype it up it still is a huge fucking chain store and thus mass produced stuff

i think the beauty of uniqlo lies not in its slightly-above-mall-tier quality but its no-bullshit clothing, theres nothing really retardedly trendy so theres not much you can go wrong with
>>
>>11197842
there are jeans thinner than uniqlos? holy shit lol. you can barely even called uniqlo jeans denim
>>
>>11197864
you can easily get a blank woolen sweater or a plain oxford shirt at h&m and itll only be marginally worse quality, especially seeing as theyre both made in bangladesh/china

jesus they got you guys good with that le japanese minimalism marketing
>>
>>11197870
Oh man you have no idea, shits like T-shirt thickness
>>
>>11197836
Uniqlo over those fast fashion crap anyday. Uniqlo actually care about their fabric and fit and update things every season. They innovate new product and technology which set them apart from other cheap brand (look up HeatTech). Apart from the occasional collab, they don't follow any trend at all and only sell timeless clothes that anyone can wear and look good.

H&M quality is more on the same level as Old Navy except edgier style aimed at teenagers.

I'd say uniqlo is about on par or better than Gap. I love how they get the details right, like the collar roll on their oxfords.
>>
>>11197972
>instant coffee connoisseur
>>
>>11197836
It is better than H&M, Asos, etc. Probably better than Zara too. They have imo the best collabs of fast fashion stores, the other one would be Adidas.
>>
When will people learn that uniqlo is not fast fashion?
>>
>>11198007
Uniqlo is fast fashion, who are you kidding?
>>
>>11197980
I only drink water.
>>
>>11198016
fast fashion means copying off the latest pieces that is discarded easily i think
uniqlo rely more on staples
>>
File: joke.jpg (12KB, 385x335px) Image search: [Google]
joke.jpg
12KB, 385x335px
>>11198019
>>
>>11197980
underrated post
>>
>>11197836
I personally like uniqlo better because the quality is so high and sometimes it's actually cheaper than thrifting.
>>
Theres a reason why you cant tell a difference between Uniqlo vs Cotton On, and also why youre asking for a comparison of these mall outlets' garment quality.

Lurk more faggot.
>>
Uniqlo is just the Japanese version of the gap. It's not fast fashion.
>>
My Uniqlo slim selvedge denim is my favorite pair of jeans hands down. And this is coming from someone who has pairs from Brave Star, 3Sixteen, Nudies etc
>>
Looking at their sweaters, reviews say the current cashmere quality is poor. Anyone here have experience with the Merino wool options?
>>
>>11198853
Do they last long?
>>
File: uniqlos-kaw-collection-ss16-17.jpg (74KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
uniqlos-kaw-collection-ss16-17.jpg
74KB, 1500x1000px
anybody getting anything from the kaws collab? might get a poor man's cdg play tee
>>
>>11198857
Sweaters at price are always going to be poor quality no matter what.
>>
If you think that any company can make good quality clothing produced in humane conditions for that price, you are fucking nuts.
>>
>>11198030
this
>>
Uniqlo definitely has better products than h&m. I'v purchased a few shirts and a pair of pants from h&m and all of their products pretty much fell apart or had holes at the seams within a few months. However, I got a basic t-shirt from h&m and it's still in good shape. Anything I've ever purchased from Uniqlo is totally worth the price. I have 4 button ups that are still in great shape a year later and a bunch of basic Supima tees and some socks that are still in great shape after a couple of years. I've had better experience with Uniqlo personally. I've purchased from a lot of other stores too for basic stuff and Uniqlo always seems to have the better product for the price.
>>
>>11197847
I thought this anti-h&m crusade on this board was a meme, but no, my 6$ cotton tee from h&m got holes on the back shoulder only after wearing it 4 times. I treated exactly like my other basics, throwing it in my laundry bin and washing after a wear or maybe sometimes two. Utter garbage. I hear good things about uniqlo supima tees. I just ordered the lemaire one, hopefully it'll last.
>>
File: uniqlo-kaws-02-720x480.jpg (31KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
uniqlo-kaws-02-720x480.jpg
31KB, 720x480px
>>11198886
Best tee
>>
bumping cause I'm salty as fuck. how does uniqlo sell out that fast ughhh fuck this

>>11198886
>>11200423
>>
Does uniqlo have longer drapey tees? I've been into those for a while, and are their hoodies any good?
>>
>>11200556
>Does uniqlo have longer drapey tees?
Just go one size up
>>
>>11200586
I just want the bottom to be longer, not the whole shirt to be loose
>>
File: usgoods_57_176012.jpg (15KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
usgoods_57_176012.jpg
15KB, 380x380px
Should I get this or kanken from fjallraven?
>>
>>11200493
i feel your pain brother.

saw it was opening at 9:00

check back at 10:30 and it's ALREADY DEAD
>>
>>11197836
I've only tried H&M and Uniqlo and Uniqlo is much better quality.

It's more evident in certain pieces of clothing though. Sweatpants/sweatshorts/hoodies are pretty similar. Polo and button up shirts from HM are much worse.
>>
>>11198884
I've had them for about three months now, still in very great condition and have taken shape to me nicely.
>>
>>11200679
Every other fool on campus has a kanken, it's normie core at this point. If you like it go for it.
>>
>>11197836
They're both equally terrible.

Both use incredibly cheap labor and materials guaranteed to make the clothes feel terrible while you wear them and fall apart soon after. I went into both stores the other day looking for some basics, and it was staggering how poorly-made everything looked and felt.
>>
>Be in UK
>Currently thinking COS is probably a better choice for basics

Any other recommendations for online stores with UK sites?

P.S. I know about the sticky website - its lists are kinda incomplete/outdated.
>>
>ethical working conditions
>good quality
>cheap

Pick two.
>>
>>11202302
COS is also more expensive.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 282x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 282x184px
>>11202272
could you be more pretentious
>>
>>11202320
Well obviously. I was hoping for something mid-way between the two in terms of price and quality.
>>
>>11200417
what do you even expect from a $6 t-shirt lmao. cry more idiot
>>
so where do y'all shop that meets up to your standards?
>>
>>11197836
It's low-tier, a cut above fast fashion.
Worth the prices, really. I have a super comfy cashmere jumper from there that I wear all the time when I'm chilling around the house. Still nice and soft after 1.5 years, and wasn't all that expensive.
>>
>>11197836
are the linen blend shorts any good? they look like shit in the pictures desu and im consider just getting 4 pairs of h&m sweats and calling it a summer
>>
>>11200493
>>11200781

My store got ransacked this morning by Korean and Chinese hypebeasts. I shit you not, an old lady got out of her wheelchair to grab one. Fucking performing miracles over here.
>>
>>11202879
honestly fucking lame how these people are actually getting the tees for resell like come on you're gonna make like 15 bucks a tee shirt max
>>
>>11202888

I fucking hate the reseller market and the chinks and gooks that fuck it up.
>>
File: cop or not..jpg (31KB, 814x701px) Image search: [Google]
cop or not..jpg
31KB, 814x701px
Should I pic this up?
>>
File: cop or not 2.jpg (39KB, 755x702px) Image search: [Google]
cop or not 2.jpg
39KB, 755x702px
>>11203425
What about this one?
>>
File: uniqlofloralprint.jpg (931KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
uniqlofloralprint.jpg
931KB, 2000x2000px
any of the liberty london collab shirts worth getting? any idea how they fit?
>>
They have god tier undershirts. Thin, flesh-colored airtechs are fucking invisible under the thinnest of white shirts.

The only complaint I have is that their oxfords are thin as hell, but at least they have a really good fit.
>>
>>11203425
I would
>>11203426
I wouldn't
>>
>>11203426

I like uniqlo's keith haring stuffs
>>
>>11204186
Would've looked better as short sleeves desu

I bought some supima shirts (not packaged) in Small and they feel a bit wide? Should I have gotten an XS or will it shrink over time and be okay? I don't like the way it drapes.
>>
File: uniqlo_lemaire_linen_pants.jpg (15KB, 734x734px) Image search: [Google]
uniqlo_lemaire_linen_pants.jpg
15KB, 734x734px
I want to get flat front, light linen/wool trousers like pic related (Uniqlo x Lemaire cashmere). Uniqlo's online store seems sold out, and the local store didn't even carry them. Anyone know where else to cop?
>>
>>11204467
They come back every so often. Keep checking.
>>
>>11204506
Ahhh, okay. I hope I can get some for the summer, though.
>>
>>11204541
I'm with you on getting a pair. I was hoping to get some at a better price, but I doubt they will every have the proper stock
>>
File: spa-logo.jpg (60KB, 378x381px) Image search: [Google]
spa-logo.jpg
60KB, 378x381px
>>11198030
>>11199071
this isn't an opinion. already been decided by the industry
>>
>>11204556
When I went to the store and asked for those specific pants, they didn't even know what I was talking about at first. After one of the employees asked their manager, they realized that it was sold online (yet out of stock). I don't even know if they're sold at other brick-and-mortar stores.

I don't know why more stores wouldn't sell these, and why they wouldn't keep a larger stock, as they seem fairly popular.
>>
>>11204568
adding on while most people think of capturing current trends quickly for fast fashion, another big aspect is the quick response model where things are produced fast and cheap.

another reason why uniqlo is a fast fashion brand, and a store like american apparel isn't despite both focusing on "basics"
>>
>>11197886
>jesus they got you guys good with that le japanese minimalism marketing
This
I hadn't considered uniqlo until I heard of them here. When I checked them out and read all the subtle reminders that they are a Japanese company with Japanese values, I knew what had brought the fever upon /fa/
>>
>>11204579
It's like they don't want to make money... first week of sales is a pretty decent indication of what is going to sell and what is probably not going to sell. Granted they have to get products constructed in advance to sell and by the time they could be ready it might be half way through the season and have less momentum. Tbh for all we know the stuff that we see online are returns.
>>
>>11204580
I don't see this at all. Been shopping at Uniqlo for 3 years now and I've seen the same things over and over. They don't chase trends like other brands.
>>
>>11197886
false

i've bought both of those things from both stores and the shirt and sweater from h&m look like wet napkins now
>>
I like my uniqlo stuff more than I do my more expensive stuff

tfw familie
>>
>>11197889
yeah this is unfortunately true
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.