[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fa/, I need some help. I'm in Year 12 and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: $_32.jpg (33KB, 566x849px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
33KB, 566x849px
Hi /fa/, I need some help. I'm in Year 12 and I've got the formal coming up soon.

>inb4 underage
I turned 18 in October, calm down.

So, I've never worn a suit before, unless you want to count the one time I wore one to a funeral when I was in the 6th grade. I'm not sure what kind of suit to wear, and how I can get the best fit.

I'm pretty fat (85kg/187lbs), and pretty short (5'7), so I'm not sure how a well a suit will fit me. I don't want to get one that's too loose on me, but I obviously don't want to get one that's too tight.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.
>>
Oh yeah, and would the extra cost to get a suit tailored be worth it?

The little bit of extra expense won't really be too much of an issue, but I won't be able to pay for a suit that's over $500 as I'm still a teenager who doesn't have a job.
>>
>>11189863
Rent one and then lose some goddamn weight. Now go to /fit/.

>tfw might pass up a sale at my favorite store because I want my shoulders to get a little bigger
>>
>>11189892
Yeah, I've been trying to. I weighed 100kg in October, so it's not like I'm not trying, but I definitely won't reach an appropriate weight by May 31st.
>>
>>11189872
Yes. The only excuse to take a suit off the rack (ie as is) is if you're renting a tux. Upscale mall shops will often offer tailoring in-store, Nordstrom for example. I think Men's Warehouse does too. You can get a complete suit of good enough quality for sub-$300.

I wouldn't suggest spending any more than that as you're likely not done growing and should be planning to lose weight post-highschool in any case.

Your tailor should give you advice. Start making a point to eye anyone you see wearing suits, in real life and in movies, ads, etc. and learn what you personally prefer. Do some googling to learn the basics of the different kinds ie italian vs british vs american, etc. to better inform yourself on what you're looking for. Use common sense and don't try anything gaudy or untraditional and be realistic about your figure. The ideal is to try and find examples of people with a similar body shape to you wearing suits you think looks good on them.
>>
>>11189920
Sweet, thanks anon. I live in Australia, so I guess I'll go to the city or something to find some good stores there that offer in-store tailoring.

I'll look into different suits and styles and see if there's any that I like.

What are the chances that I'll find suits that fit me when they wouldn't normally fit my size.

And should I go for a tuxedo or the suit with a tie?
>>
>>11189947
Suit and tie.
>>
>>11189995
Alright, thanks anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 960x839px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 960x839px
>>11189863
Brought a Thom Browne suit, it's perfect. I think you're in Size 3
>>
A zoot suit is your only option
>>
>>11190255
>thom browne to ball
rock it by all means but everyones going to think youre autistic
and im sure you care what people think, it is a school ball
>>
>>11190255
Thanks. Is it the suit in the middle?
>>
>>11190271
How tf wearing Thom suit can make everyones think I'm a autism??
>>
>>11190268
I'd prefer not to look like the Mask desu.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.