[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought a new MSI laptop, 17.3", and I need to purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: Olympia Newton.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Olympia Newton.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
Just bought a new MSI laptop, 17.3", and I need to purchase a new backpack to carry it around on campus.

Looking for a protective and stylish backpack. I've been looking at this sienna Olympia Newton, yet I'm iffy on the color.

Pic related: Olympia Newton
>>
>>11178689
It looks cool as fuck.
Interesting shape, interesting color, mostly minimal.
I think its fine, at least it isn't Herschel, Jansport or Everlane.
>>
>>11178700
dont listen to this autist
try rick owens
>>
personally i hate the backpack, looks too straight.

however it looks like a solid choice for your giant ass laptop. does it fit your color palette? if not, a contrast piece on the back is fine for most casual fits like everyone wears on campus.
>>
>>11178710

also don't cop the color if you wear mostly black minimalistic pieces. go for a lighter color.
>>
>>11178705
>muh rick
Fuck outta here. You probably don't own any of his pieces.
>>
>>11178689

Why the fuck would you get a giant ass laptop?

>MSI

I bet it has many fans and strobe lighting with GAMING DESIGN.
>>
>>11178705
I'll check it out thanks.
>>11178710
>>11178713
Somewhat. I wear mostly black. APCs, Van's, Uniqlo. I'm just not sure of any solid backpack brands. Especially since I'm limiting myself to a huge fucking computer.
>>
Industrial Designer here, that bag looks fashionable, but only if its filled all the way. Because of the way weight will be distributed due to your heavy ass laptop, when it isn't full the fabric will crease down the middle and it's gonna look ridiculous. This creasing happens to almost all backpacks, but because this one is so flat and minimal, it's going to look extremely prominent.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 640x635px
It looks cool in the photo, but I think the shape might look odd when it's actually on your back. Is there any way you can try it on first?

I'm waiting for this to arrive. I'll be carrying a 13" laptop and I think a vertically loading laptop sleeve will be ok.
>>
>>11178720
It has one fan, yes the keyboard can strobe if you set it up to, and yes, it's set up for gaming.

I go to school for game programming and design, along with music production and 3d art. All of those things are extremely hardware intensive. I bought this laptop because it's really fucking good, and with intensive programs, you need better hardware. Gaming computers have som of the best hardware. So just because it has lights and fans (every fucking computer does) means nothing.
>>
File: 41OUG83wK3L._SX425_.jpg (14KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
41OUG83wK3L._SX425_.jpg
14KB, 425x425px
>>11178721

i got u
>>
>>11178728
Function > Fashion
Good, anon, good.
>>
>>11178734
more like autism
>>
>>11178724
That's the one thing i'm worried about. At almost six pounds, this laptop is definitely going to crease the fabric. I really don't want to get one of those heavy-duty, Best Buy looking backpacks.

>>11178725
No, unfortunately. I've just been looking online. I've looked around where live for any good backpacks, but all i see are small messenger bags or Element backpacks, ha.

I like that bag, also. Are there any larger sizes other than the 13" ?
>>
>>11178734
That's one thing I never understood. My brother is all about getting Macbook Pros and iPhones no matter what. I'm not shitting on Apple products really, but it seams like a lot of people buy them for the name, instead of exactly whats inside. They have their own function, just impractical for the price.

>>11178729
I like it. I'm on mobile otherwise I'd reverse image search. Do you know what model backpack that is? If not, it's cool, i'll search it up.
>>
File: DakineVault.jpg (406KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DakineVault.jpg
406KB, 1500x1500px
>>11178737
Not the prettiest bag ever, but it won't crease (source: I have 2 of them), its rain proof, unless you're standing in a monsoon, and it has more than enough room to hold your laptop and anything else you're gonna carry on a daily basis. It also isn't expensive at all.
>>
>>11178744

it's the ortlieb velocity backpack. I have an earlier generation with shiny black material and after 2,5 years of heavy use it's aging nicely. no damage. literally the best backpack i ever had.
>>
OP check surfdome, zalando, shopstyle, you'll find alot of bags on there.
>>
>>11178746
At least it's not flashy. Inside looks great and well built. I appreciate it man

>>11178749
Thanks. I like this one a lot. Really simple.

>>11178751
Appreciate it. I'll check em out.
>>
File: norse.jpg (150KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
norse.jpg
150KB, 1000x1000px
norse einar looks pretty slick
>>
>>11178744

You do know how fast the 15' MacBook Pro with the extra graphics card is right?

For a machine of that size with the looks it's incredibly quiet.
>>
>>11178763
True, but looking up 15' MacBook pro comes up with the 2015 model comes up with $1,999 with the Intel gpu. Assuming the extra videocard isn't the Intel gpu, that could be another 300 dollars.

I didn't say they're shitty. Just the price is crazy and it seems like you pay a lot extra for the name. Just like Alienware.
>>
>>11178777

The price is high but name another laptop, that thin, with that display, with an 8 hour battery life in tests not 'claimed' combined with speed and power.

They are also pretty durable, they will get scratched and dented but mine has fallen from my desk multiple times on concrete without a problem.

Also Apple is the only one with a sensible good looking power-supply, not a black brick. (The wire does falls apart in a year, but who cares?
>>
>>11178689
Msi Laptop
17,3"

Ayy lmao. Gamer kid detected.
>>
File: F23510-615-212_0.jpg (125KB, 522x780px) Image search: [Google]
F23510-615-212_0.jpg
125KB, 522x780px
Get a Fjallraven Kanken.
>>
File: bp-5006_group.jpg (189KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bp-5006_group.jpg
189KB, 1200x1200px
speaking of olympia backpacks, should I buy this one ? I don't know it look kind of big but it still have better finishing that an herschel backpack
>>
You're not gonna look stylish with that obese gayman shittop no matter what you carry it in.
>>
>>11179735
who are you answering to ?
>>
>>11178916
not op but that thing has no laptop sleeve and I'm not even sure it's big enough to fit a 17" lappy
>>
>>11178728
hah right

>what are business laptops
They look less flashy and pack the same amount of power any gaymer laptop has
>>
>>11178689
either you grow up and get a new laptop or get a noose
>>
>>11179823
>business laptop

Please. Point me to a business laptop capable of what I just described. Because every single one I looked at just now looks like it'd implode trying to render any scene in Unreal Engine.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.