[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Acne Studios jeans? I'm specially looking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

Thoughts on Acne Studios jeans? I'm specially looking to buy the Ace Stay Cash in black, which is drescribed as "tint jeans comes super slim with a comfortable normal waist."

Are they really worth the price? I'm confortable paying for them but I just want to make sure I'm not paying just for the brand. I usually wear Levi 511 and I'm not sure if this is really a step up from them.

Also why did I only find blacks wearing them on YouTube? Is it some Kanye West shit?
>>
Oh, and is it TTS? I wear a 30 waist of 511 Rigid Dragon, and a 29 on black 511.
>>
>>11170878
Should a 30 of Acne jeans fit fine?
>>
I find the leg opening too big (7"), if you can get them tapered to fit better, then cop.. I might be mixing it up with max cash

I think 511's have a smaller leg hole opening
>>
Just got a pair of acnes new for $100 if you arent getting them for less than $150 not worth the price imo.
>>
Look great, fit well, quality is ok, but they get holes on the crotch after heavy use as any other jeans, don't spect miracles...
>>
>>11170932
did you get ace or thins?
>>
>>11171370
are your balls bursting or wtf do you do to fuck them up
>>
File: image.jpg (821KB, 2034x2034px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
821KB, 2034x2034px
Acne Jeans are GOAT, I've got five pairs (Ace Raw not pictured).

I get them in a 32/34, I'm usually a 30 waist but I sized up because I like to wear them on my hips for extra leg length (I'm 6'6").
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>11170870
>>11171518
Here's my Ace Stay Cash in a 32/34 to give you an idea.

If you're ever in Sweden/Denmark they're a bit cheaper, I got mine for about the equivalent of £100. Usually cost £150-160.

Also wait for sales, I usually get a pair every Xmas sale from Mr Porter for 50% off.
>>
nu-male scandi-cuck shit
>>
>>11171530
if you had a 32" waist would you buy a 32" pair or acne jeans? probably a dumb question but most jeans i buy arent exactly like that but i think thats cause non designer stuff is vanity sized?
>>
>>11170870
Copped the same pair two months ago. I'm a true 30 and 30 fits me fine
>>
>>11171530
ID on shoes?
>>
>>11171518
Do they change their logo every season?
>>
>>11170870
Are they really mid rise?
>>
>>11171554
Dunno, best to try them on. Depending on the style/wash they can contain elastine. Some pairs of mine go really tight after washing but they stretch back to the original size after a bit of wear.
>>
>>11171591
Boots are from a place called Poste, back when they used to make everything in Italy.
>>
File: image.png (67KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67KB, 1920x1080px
>>11171599
I preferred their old logo which was a bespoke version of Times.

The new logo has been commissioned with a custom typeface which they use across all marketing/website/packaging etc., so I doubt they'll change it soon.

Source for anyone who's interested: http://lettersfromsweden.se/custom/#acne
>>
>>11170870
My Thin Stays are worth it to me. It depends on what you mean by "worth the price". They won't last longer than cheaper jeans, the denim is thinner than on e.g. Levi's. From what I've heard they don't stretch too much with wear which was my biggest problem with cheaper jeans. The Stay Cash wash also holds its colour much better than most other black jeans, and the tipping point for me is that their 34 inseam is more like 36 which is great for me because I'm 6'3" and like stacking.

Don't delude yourself trying to find some "objective" measure of "quality"; just ask yourself whether the acnes do something better over e.g. your Levi's that you're willing to pay for.
>>
>>11170870
fit is good on acne jeans but the durability isn't that great
>>
>>11171367
Where did you cop?
>>
Made in Bangledesh/Turkey/China/Vietnam

lel

>paying $300+ for them
>>
>>11172408
Where in the motherfuck do you find Acne for $300+?
>>
>>11171653
>Don't delude yourself trying to find some "objective" measure of "quality"; just ask yourself whether the acnes do something better over e.g. your Levi's that you're willing to pay for.
>being this reasonable on /fa/
you are wasting your effort m8
>>
>>11172555

The average price on their website is like 260. Plus shipping.

It's near $300
>>
>>11170870
yes theyre fucking GOAT
>>
>>11172408
My Acne Ace Raw are Japanese denim made in Italy and cost £140. Not sure what you're talking about?
>>
Shit senpai are acne jeans mainstream and pozzed now? May have to get rid of mine
>>
APC was a little different, they were marketed as a not-super high end (PBJ etc) but equivelent to diesel, citizens of humanity type deal on denim blog early on.

/fa/ sort of caught wind of this like 5 years after designer denim became a thing in the early 00's for teens.

Someone somewhere reccomended the apc selvedge denim thing because they did a sale that is now long gone on superfuture before the massive overhaul of the website years ago.

where you can buy or sell gently used denim to the store, selling got you 50% a new pair plus some dollar discount making the denim relatively cheap.

this has long since been discontinued (10 years now) but /fa/ latched onto it because well, most people here aren't very intelligent and parrot what a few people they aspire to be say

but from my experience with apc you don't get what you pay for if you pay full price, the denim is pretty low quality, the rivets are fake just like the acne jeans.

something with real rivets is like RRL or levis vintage where they use vintage presses to actually hold the material at the rivet rather than just have a copper colored branded cap for show

also compared to cone or even kaihara youre ot getting great denim from them really

better off going uniqlo if you don't mind sloppy work (inline with apc)

but if you want a cleaner finish akin to acne, something like naked and famous (the non-gimmick ones) will set you straight
>>
>>11172892
>/fa/ sort of caught wind of this like 5 years after designer denim became a thing in the early 00's for teens.
the fuck are you talking about
/fa/ didn't exist back then
>>
>>11171370
this is true.
Got a crotch blowout after about a year of daily-ish wear. After that I got them repaired in store and it was done really well, just that once holes formed again it was not really worth working on them. This happened a few months ago after about... 3(?) years and the holes appeared both in front and back of the crotch.
Said fuck it and bought a pair of decent quality denim instead. Get acne jeans for the design, not for the quality!
>>
>>11173312
>Get acne jeans for the design, not for the quality!
literally may as well be buying h&m
>>
I've had a pair of Ace Cash which I've washed about a dozen times over the past 3 years and they still look great. Slightly faded but no rips/blowouts.
>>
>>11173350
Cool to hear that. Would you buy them again if you could?
>>
>>11170870
They're really shitty but Korean kids buy them at like $175 used so cop em cheap at marshalls and make an easy $1,750
>>
>>11172408
>Made in Bangledesh/Turkey/China/Vietnam
>thinks country of origin means anything anymore
>>
>>11173524
you're telling me chinese children sew denim better than the italian artisans who work on my SL D02s? lol
>>
>>11173419
i get crotch blow outs on my acne denim roughly every 6 months.
>>
>>11173323
go ahead, then. I fully disagree.
>>
>>11173580
What the fuck are you doing with them? Do you wear them every day? I cycle between 3 pairs and have never had any rips/blowouts damages.
>>
>>11173697
yeah i wear one pair at a time every day lol
>>
>>11173570
fyi slp jeans are just as garbage as acne don't fool yourself
>>
>>11171484
It's called wearing them too small and/or being too fat. Most any pants will blow out if they're fitted poorly.
>>
>>11173570
>better than the italian artisans who work on my SL D02s?
lol more than likely those "artisans" are north african immigrants or chinese immigrants
>>
I'm a 6' beanpole. Waist 30. Would these be a good fit for me?
>>
>>11171554
Not really a dumb question.

If you're a 30 in regular jeans, Japanese denim will never fit you at size 30
>>
>>11174544
So how many sizes would I increase then?
>>
File: 1459903162067.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459903162067.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
Acne jeans are beautiful but they fit horribly in thicc-thighed people like me
>>
>>11173703
not who you quoted, but you obviously don't own SLPs if you think they're the same quality as Acne lol
>>
>>11174899
not the person you're giving a (you) to, but have you seen SLP jeans in person?
unless you are experiencing buyers remorse in the manner that you have to talk up your item to explain why you wasted so much on an average quality pair of jeans for a minimum of $600
SLP denim is not where it should be for a luxury brand
that being said their boots are like no other that i've seen and im a glad owner of some hedi 30s but the denim is embarrassing for the cost
>>
File: Capture.png (191KB, 369x594px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
191KB, 369x594px
Coming from 2.5 years wearing pic related Fabric Brand denim that is MIJ.

I recently bought Acne Max Stay cash because since the fit is pretty good i reckon and wouldn't fade as quick so I can wear to work etc. The quality on the acne is probably 40% or less of what my MIJ pair had. So just my 2cents
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Best jeans, cop them.
>>
>>11174999
can u give testament to the quality of the boots and stuff im interested ty
>>
>>11175269
You wear that raf like a true fuccboi, well done
>>
>>11175331
raf dip dye is ugly as sin
>>
>>11171648
any way to make that image into an installable font?
>>
>>11175343
yeah desu, there are so many better raf pieces you could cop for the same price
>>
>>11175269
this dude looks so nice barring the feet
>>
>>11175391
The image is not a vector, so that is not recommended at all.
>>
>>11175391
No, it's a shit font anyway. There's loads of slightly off-kilter geometric sans-serif fonts available commercially.
>>
>>11176170
I mean, Futura will do fine for the m8 who asked for the typeface.
>>
im sure crotch blowout should be word filtered
>>
>>11172892
I have yet to see a pair of jeans I'd prefer to my orange tab 505s
>>
I really like my ace cash jeans
>>
>>11170870
>Are they really worth the price?
Nope. Acne jeans are mall-tier in quality and the fit isn't so unique that you couldn't find something much better in the same price range.
>>
>>11177912
vintage levis are truly the best
>>
>>11177961
b8
>>
>>11178084
literally go on any denim forum or website, any place where people generally know their shit
search up "acne"
either people love to post acne bait, or they're just plain trash. which one is more likely?
>>
>>11170870
They are the dirties pair of pants I own. They collect so much hair it's frustrating. However, the cuts are great and the quality is good. A step above N&F.
>>
File: man-in-suit-using-lint-roller.jpg (32KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
man-in-suit-using-lint-roller.jpg
32KB, 540x800px
>>11178333
Good to hear that. I have the same problem with other black jeans. I should buy pic related.
>>
>>11178095
considering all these denim places only buy weeb denim with cuts meant for 40 year old men invalidates their findings
>>
>>11175325
i only like their boots and a few coats but I'm not interested enough in the coats to drop the 3-5k on them
denim is same level as acne, apc, nudie etc maybe a little better, would be okay if the jeans were 300 and even then you're paying for the cut(mega thin)
coats seem nice for the price but at that point the only place you see a noticeable difference in quality is in leathers
leather jackets are great but the cut is definitely intended for someone 6ft+
boots are amazing though
all of them are really nice in design and quality and I'm going to buy a pair of suede Chelsea's soon to go along with my hedi 30s
>>
File: 124234.jpg (341KB, 1100x1467px) Image search: [Google]
124234.jpg
341KB, 1100x1467px
Should I cop? Haven't heard much about 'Mic Raven' are they just as good other Acne jeans?

https://www.grailed.com/listings/568316-Acne-Studios-Straight-Black-Jeans
>>
File: image.jpg (609KB, 1774x3208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
609KB, 1774x3208px
The best reason to buy Acne is if you're tall. The 34 leg is more like a 36 leg and I can't find any other brands which fit me as well as Acne.

Nudie jeans come in 36 leg but they're also disgusting.
>>
>>11178527
Plenty of weeb denim brands make tighter fits. The only reason you're defending Acne is because you've bought into the meme. Acne denim isn't awful; it's just way overpriced for the quality.
>>
>>11174544
Depends on the company. Some will label their sizes 32, but they really have a 34.5 inch or so waist so that when they shrink post-wash they'll fit like an actual 32.

Some others just sell 32 with a 32 inch waist.

Others will sell once-washed jeans which youre generally advised to size down in because they can stretch quite a bit.
>>
>>11179619
Was meant for >>11174549
>>
>>11179601
actually don't own any acne
just saying your weeb denim has poor cuts and pushing your buttons
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.