[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is being /fa/ so restrictive? >iPhones are the only /fa/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15

File: 1317427224001.png (24KB, 506x504px) Image search: [Google]
1317427224001.png
24KB, 506x504px
Why is being /fa/ so restrictive?

>iPhones are the only /fa/ smartphones
>certain Mercedes Benz models are the only /fa/ automobiles
>shoes that aren't Nike or Adidas don't even exist
>>
it's /fa/ to not give a shit about what an autistic imageboard thinks
>>
You sure you've been looking at the right /fa/?
>>
I'm still amazed people consider Nike and adidas fashionable. I mean I like their clothes but still, it's about as casual as it gets
>>
Because they are pretentious faggots, son.
>>
>>11157526
>>shoes that aren't Nike or Adidas don't even exist
this is an 18+ site
>>
>>11157526
The only /fa/ Mercedes is the G-Class and only the non-AMG versions and preferably it will be older and have stickers that hint at a preppy lifestyle.

There are loads of /fa/ cars that aren't Mercedes though.
>>
>>11157646
what type of poorfag buys a non amg g wagon
I bet you use food stamps too
>>
>>11157646
Actually only the new C/CLA/CLS-Classes are /fa/
>>
>>11157526
$0.25 has been deposited into your Apple, Mercedes, Nike, and Adidas accounts. Thank you.
>>
>>11157526
audi is pretty good too tho
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 249x254px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 249x254px
>>11157526
>taking a turkish model aeroplane forum this serious.
>>
>>11157646
>560SEL
>not the most beautiful and well built Mercedes ever made
>>
>>11157526

You have the worst taste and are wrong on so many levels.
>>
>>11157526
>Why is being /fa/ so restrictive?
ure doing it wrong
>>
Do your own thing faggot. You won't meet any of these people irl.
Imo /fa/ is only good for inspo threads I don't listen to what a single person has ever told me here
>>
>>11157530
>>11157905
>>11157973
>>11157978
But these are my own opinions. I just hate how there are very few alternatives for smartphones, cars and shoes because no other brands match the high aesthetic that the aforementioned brands do
>>
>>11158018
Lurk more newfag, you're misunderstanding the rhetoric. Why can't I sage?
>>
>>11157526
you sound like someone i wouldn't chill with
tf wrong w/ you boy
>>
>>11157737
AMG is way too riced-out with the chrome and side-pipes, so it's no good at off roading and gets shit on in drag races by $30k Mustangs.

>>11157740
CLA is fwd trash.
>>
>>11158023
>calls someone a newfag
>doesn't know how to sage
wew
>>
>>11157526
Lurk moar
>>
>>11157526
>expecting quality and actual advice in a taiwanese textiles embroidery subreddit
bitch please, if you really want advice talk with people who like arts and design, not fucking 12yo kids who wear skate shoeas and think Shia Lebouf is top shit
>>
File: 1439632147303.jpg (17KB, 367x388px) Image search: [Google]
1439632147303.jpg
17KB, 367x388px
>>11158018
>because no other brands match the high aesthetic that the aforementioned brands do

this is why i left /fa/ and thats the same reason why i came back
>>
File: 06e.jpg (108KB, 1181x897px) Image search: [Google]
06e.jpg
108KB, 1181x897px
>>11158018
>no other brands match the high aesthetic
>nike & adidas
>high aesthetic
>>
>>11157526
Do you know how to think for yourself you fuckboy?
>>
>>11158018
Sony Z3 for ya smartphone. Black & minimalist to match your basic bitch effeminate cuckboi jeans, minus the restrictive drm of iphones so you can upload your sissyfication hypnosis mp3s with ease.
>>
lol at not having ur chaffeur drive u around town in a RR phantom
>>
>>11158173
you're not supposed to drag in a g wagon #1
and the second the stang moves their steering wheel anywhere off center it turns on people or building targeting more and you're guaranteed to crash

you probably can't afford anything past a smart or a civic
>>
>>11157526
>actually listening to the autismos that ravage this board
>>
is this recursive meme effay
>>
>>11158898
>not supposed to off-road it
>not supposed to drag race it
So it's bling.

I hate Mustangs, which is why that's supposed to be a humiliating comparison.

Budget for my next car is $45k so that's a bit more than a Civic or Smart.
>>
being rich isn't even cool, it's just that /fa/ is full of middle class american teens brought up on the idea that money = happiness

every cool subculture since the 30s have their origin in the working class

people on /fa/ are boring as fuck middle class kids so they like boring things
>>
>>11160531
shut up faggot no one on /fa is rich almost everyone here works for their clothing, kys poor fag
>>
>>11160541
no but they all strive to be rich which is one of the most uncharismatic and boring personality traits a person can have and it reflects on their boring as fuck sense of style
>>
>>11160531
Richfag here. Being middle class sounds dreadful. Lower-class subcultures are just insecure posturing, so I'm not sure why you'd think that's worth crowing about. There are upper and upper-middle class subcultures, btw. You'll just never call them cool because you can't get in and it hurts your feelings.
>>
>>11160554
name one cool upper class subculture that isn't some awful appropriation of working class culture
>>
>>11160563
Lacrosse
Frat
Sailors
Horse people
Finance Bros
Rowers
>>
>>11160554
I can tell you are not rich. Don't even ask me how I know this.
>>
>>11160574
LOL

if you really think any of those "subcultures" are cool then you are a profoundly uninteresting person
>>
>>11160574
Most sailors and horse riders are working class. You're thinking of cologne commercials where metrosexuals ride equestrian and sail a catamaran. Yet, real sailors, are gritty working class fishermen while horseback riders are working class cowboys and farmers in the West and Midwest. Again, don't ask me how I know you aren't rich.
>>
>>11160574
Every single one of those is working class roots dumbass, except finance because Jewery.
>>
File: wew lad.png (56KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
56KB, 223x226px
>>11160582
They're more interesting if you actually spend time around them. At heart, all subcultures are just sets of people getting tribal so there's a limit to how interesting any of them are gonna be. I don't think these are any less interesting than punks or mods or whatever you're thinking of.

>>11160587
Nobody uses sailboats for commercial fishing outside of the deep third world, and plenty of rich people like to play cowboy, never mind the whole range of equestrian sports enjoyed by the upper classes pretty much exclusively. Ever heard of a dude ranch or barrel-riding contest? Of course they're not actual cowboys, but that's not the point. That set of people forms a distinct (weird as fuck) subculture.

>mfw my high school and college both had sailing and equestrian teams
Do you really think we were hiring random poor people to compete or something?

>don't ask me how I know you aren't rich.
I mean, obviously shitposting on 4chan isn't a great sign, but here I am.
>>
>>11160587
actually, modern day merchant sailors pull 6k figures/month.

regards.
(euro)sailorfag
>>
File: willlaren-02.jpg (105KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
willlaren-02.jpg
105KB, 500x705px
>>11160596
>Lacrosse
Sport copied from natives who are all dead now and played almost exclusively at private schools and small private colleges.

>frat
>a collegiate social club with expensive dues
>working class
hmm

>sailing
First off, I mean with actual sails, not as in enlisting in the navy.
Just because poor people do it one way doesn't make it the same. Yachts =/= equal fishing vessels. Yachting derives a lot of its prestige from the way young nobility were pretty much guaranteed positions as officers in the Royal Navy.

>horse people
Horses are expensive. Using them for anything but practical labor purposes is expensive. Nobles' horses go fox hunting, peasant horses plow.

>rowers
Rowing as a sport is, like lacrosse, pretty much only practiced in high-income communities. It has been associated with Oxford and Cambridge since pretty much always.
>>
>>11157526
That's not what /fa/ means; /fa/ is really all about being yourself and having a good time. :)
>>
>>11160621
The argument was they are all awful appropriations of working class history. My point stands firm as my cock when you bend over to receive judgement.
>>
>>11160900
But literally none of those things are appropriations of working class stuff. Indians, college boys, naval officers, English gentry and Oxbridge athletes aren't working class.
>>
>>11161060
Naval officers didn't do the sailing, the underlings did it for them. The working class.

Slaves were a working class of their time, who did the rowing for the masters, as well as the shipment who rowed for their captains, Vikings, Etruscans, etc. Blue collar farmers and ranchers alike have shown and professionally trained horses for hundreds of years. I grew up lower-middle-class, but my sister was a barrel racer and my family broke and gelded horses for richies. We didn't use our 2 dozen horses for manual labor.

Finance = Jews
Point is moot since Jews don't do manual labor.

Lacrosse appropriated from natives who were the definition of working class, all of them but chieftains. Doesn't matter who plays it now, as it was appropriated.

I'll give you Frats, but it's too cringe worthy to even care about.

Keep it coming, ready to stick in more than just the tip. I can feel the shit being pushed back in your puckered butthole.
>>
>>11157526
Stop taking opinions from a fucking Internet forum
Know what works, know your aesthetic, and use your own intuition to decide what you like and what looks good.
This site is for discussion and discovery. Not a dictation of how everyone should dress.
>>
File: prole cap.jpg (8KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
prole cap.jpg
8KB, 236x214px
>>11161222
I'm not even going to bother pointing out how hard you're muddling history because it would mean nothing to you.

In the end, you'll always be lower-class, and nearly everything that comes from your mouth will be a cloaked rationalization for why that's a good thing.

btw, lower-middle-class barely existed by the 80s because it was mostly clerical workers who got phased out by computers. Sounds like you were just a slightly more independent member of the working class.
>>
>>11157646

you are so wrong it's hilarious

>how can taste be this bad
>>
What about the subculture of having taste in fine art and performing arts and shit
>>
>>11161244
Your view of the world is skewed far beyond the truth, and you obviously have a chip on your shoulder to show off. Keep thinking you're right, as there's no point in continuing to argue with you. Upper middle-class kids like you thinking they're rich, bet you're a 6/10 at best, and daddy's money won't change how you have the mind of a child. Grow up and learn something about history and the class you claim to be a part of.
>>
>>11161277
>he hurt my feelings
>he must be lying
Honestly, you've been acting like a huge rube by assuming that "horse people" meant western-style cowboy shit, which is the most pleb version and not even what I had in mind (though there is an, admittedly derivative, subculture of rich western riders). Fine, narrow it down to those who ride English and you'll find zero connection to blue-collar stuff since it comes straight from fox-hunting, which has always been a sport of the nobility, to the point that its banning in the UK was rooted in class resentment far more than concern for animal welfare.

The Indians who invented lacrosse didn't exist within the same class hierarchy as working-class Europeans. Not-rich =/= working class as we understand it. People in those tribes actually spent far fewer hours per day working than the typical 9-to-5er does. Building mounds and making war were pretty much just extra activities to keep people from getting restless.

Rowing did begin with professional watermen, but it was adopted as a very different sport in the fucking 1700s. I think the statute of limitations is running out on that, particularly since nobody rows for a living anymore and boats cost as much as a new BMW.

>Finance = Jews
How do you think the American WASPs have stayed so rich for so long? Hiding it under their mattresses?
>>
>>11157526
God you're autistic
>>
>>11161331
>>11161277
Actually, we can put this whole thing to rest. Tennis and squash are key to the social fabric of the upper crust all over the world and originated in the French royal court. There, that's a huge, distinct subculture that has literally zero relationship to anything unmoneyed. Tennis people can be fanatical.
>>
>>11157646
>tfw bought C class coupe recently
Feels good
>>
>>11161359
Does the paint match your trailer?
>>
>>11160563
There is a prep general up right now. Literally poorfags appropriating rich private school kid fashion.
>>
/fa/ is only for inspo and occasional cancer-free threads

the rest of it is pure, unadulterated downs syndrome and you shouldnt give a shit what other /fa/ggots think
>>
This thread seems like the perfect place to ask this question, I've been meaning to ask for a while now. I live in London, and I go for lunch and for a bit of shopping most Saturday's, and I've noticed its increasingly difficult to tell whether somebody is lower or middle class. Perhaps it's that good quality, designer clothing can be found cheaper now, or most classes tend to have the same hairstyles or BMW / Audi / Mercedes are quite cheap to lease brand new. It could be some totally different things. Does anybody else find it rather difficult to tell?
>>
>>11160621
Well, we sorted out origins now you could explain what is even remotely interesting in those. I'd rather stab myself than sail ever again in my life and horses are fucking stupid. I mean there are tons of fun things to do when you got money but these ain't ones. I'm not even sure how does this have anything to do with /fa/.
>>
>>11160554
post fit

hell, even just describe one
>>
>>11161244
post fit
>>
>>11161331
post fit my dude
>>
File: 1460406264875.jpg (84KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1460406264875.jpg
84KB, 682x1024px
>>11157526
>Trusting in a brand that repeatedly delivers again and again is stupid!
Huh.
>>
>>11157526
Being a Fucking sheep isn't /fa/ desu senpai
>>
File: jen koch.jpg (111KB, 736x912px) Image search: [Google]
jen koch.jpg
111KB, 736x912px
>>11161528
>what's even remotely interesting about sports and the outdoors
You must be fun. Horses do kinda suck though.

>>11161603
>>11161597
>>11161582
Alden brown bit loafers, either no socks or a loud patterned sock.
Off-white slacks from the Andover Shop
Smathers and Branson needlepoint belt
Pink and white striped shirt from The Andover Shop
If it's a cool day, a yellow J. Press shaggy dog sweater. If it's rainy, a Holland and Holland waxed cotton jacket.

Y'all take this trolling pretty seriously. I post all the time without being a twat like this, but that's what it takes to get a reaction sometimes.
>>
>>11157526
/fa/ has claimed none of these things and generally regarded them as not /fa/ owning an apple product means you're not a discerning consumer

And being fashionable means you're a discerning consumer in relation to clothing

Having a fashionable lifeste means you're a discerning consumer when it comes to a goods and services

Meaning rather than doing the mainstream thing and buying a $29.99 stainless steel knife at Walmart you might have a shun full tang japense steel knife

Rather than having Teflon coated pots and pans you have a small set of cast iron and alm clad pans etc etc

You don't litter your house with ugly crap or shitty products

So why demand quality from everything else then buy the cheapest possible phone from whatever lazy contract store at the mall
>>
>>11161715
post actual fit
>>
File: 5SRRkXf.jpg (489KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
5SRRkXf.jpg
489KB, 1600x1064px
>>11157646
Post effay vehicles
>>
File: steve_mcqueen_porsche.jpg (83KB, 700x430px) Image search: [Google]
steve_mcqueen_porsche.jpg
83KB, 700x430px
>>11161760
911 today, 911 tomorrow, 911 forever
>>
>>11160514
Get a tesla
>>
>>11161760
>>
>>11157740
>CLA
literally the fake yeezies of cars
>>
>>11157646
>having stickers on your car
>>
File: u2o4wyd1.png (1MB, 1156x1156px) Image search: [Google]
u2o4wyd1.png
1MB, 1156x1156px
>>11161346
The problem with your suggestion is that Tennis cannot be /fa/. That's the whole thread's origin. Tennis is also a very cheap sport to get into and you're limited mostly by your own skill, not the equipment you buy (though it does matter to an extent at high levels and precision detailing). I play more than well enough to beat anyone on court, and that's with a $15 racket.

> Why is being /fa/ so restrictive?
>>
>>11157526
>certain mercedes models are the only /fa/ autos
E 3 0 M 3
M
>>
>>11160531

This is 100% accurate
>>
>>11160547

As someone who is super rich and lurks here, I can vouch for your theory. My neighbors have $25m houses and spend all of their time in fucking sweatpants. And all of their kids who sport preppy style or SLP style or wherever are a bunch of pretentious clowns who are told what to wear by some idiot at a high end boutique.

All the cool rich kids hide it. We want that early 90s art house movie lifestyle.
>>
>>11161715
u cant afford any of that shit, post fit or poorfag
>>
>>11158180
It's rhetorical, newfag. Are you even allowed to say fag on this cucksafe site anymore?
>>
>>11163595
>most expensive item is a $600 jacket
>being incredulous
That's not even an expensive outfit, bruh. It just implies he lives in Massachusetts.
>>
File: 800px-Jonathan_Brandis_Wiki.jpg (131KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Jonathan_Brandis_Wiki.jpg
131KB, 800x1000px
>>11163321
>early 90s art house movie lifestyle.
What, you mean whit stillman? It's all about the death throes of WASPdom
>>
>>11157526
if you honestly give a shit about what smartphones or cars are "fa" then you need to kill yourself

get your own personality and stop counting on an imageboard to spoonfeed you one
>>
>>11163321
So, you're seeing a generational difference in the styles of the rich people around you?
Are you sure it's just not a matter of families acclimatising to a new social class?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.