[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good eyeglasses? I have been wearing contacts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 0OV5183_1172_000A_2x.jpg (25KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
0OV5183_1172_000A_2x.jpg
25KB, 800x400px
What are some good eyeglasses?

I have been wearing contacts for years, but lately have decided to buy a frame for resting my eyes from the contacts.

Been looking into Oliver Peoples, what is fa's opinion on it?

I think in tortoise looks great on me since I already tried a pair of Calvin Klein.
>>
>>11154958
round frames are shit on most people 2bh. post pic to be sure
>>
>>11154983
>round frames are shit on most people 2bh.
literally the opposite
>>
cop oliver peoples

don't fall for the clear frame meme
>>
>>11154989
Without considering the wearer's face shape, rectangular frames are the safer choice
>>
>>11154998
>rectangular frames are the safer choice
you've got to be kidding me man
>>
>>11155026
they only really work with strong, squared jawlines or short faces
>>
>>11154983
>>11154998
>>11155026

Already did research on what kind of frame goes with my face shape, and the pic I posted is a great choice for my face.
>>
>>11155026
Rectangular suits more faces than round meme glasses. You're just used to seeing everyone with round frames these days because, in an attempt to be unique and individualistic, people went on to wearing round frames despite them looking awful on most people.
>>
>>11155043
actually i'm used to the opposite
aren't you?
literally everyone and their mother wears rectangular frames these days. they're so plain and nondescript. insult to injury, they don't follow or accentuate any features of your face. this is the type of shit people who don't care about how they look wear. people who would rather blend into the background or go with whatevers cheapest. your 9-5 in and out frugal suburban dad who just doesnt give a flying fuck anymore probably wears these.
>>
Are large glasses ideal for thick faced guys?
>>
>>11155059
Your answer is way too specific, is something wrong? You're projecting quite a bit of insecurities. Look up any trend fashion blog or whatever, you'll see plastic frames are on the way out because they are overplayed. And more specifically, they don't suit 90% of the people wearing them. People now want that minimal aesthetic, people want something that doesn't feel overbearing on their face. There's literally nothing wrong with metal frames or rectangular lenses. You seem mad because maybe you fell for the round frames meme too late.
>>
Round frames really only suit the face type in the middle, all others should typically go more angular. Square, rectangular, 'round' but with curved edges. Not completely round.
>>
Hijacking this thread.

Where's the best place to look for sunglasses? Zara only has one pair that I like.
>>
>>11155091
i don't care at all about what's in or whatever. but let me tell you right now, minimalism is way out. you can still wear it all you want and i think it looks fine, but it's waning. trust me. and rectangular frames don't even fit in with that aesthetic. but thats completely beside the point. you realize you can buy round wire frame glasses, right?

bottom line, rectangle frames have no personality and look mediocre at best.
>>
>>11154958
Those are mine! I get compliments on them a lot.
>>
>>11155107
it's not even about trends, dipshit. round or rectangular frames aren't inherently good or bad, it's about what's best for the face shape.

and what "personality" does a standard pair of round frames have independent of the wearer? all you are basically saying is "circles have more character than rectangles." that's something you'd see scrawled in the notebook of a deranged person.
>>
>>11155155
let me put it this way: has anybody historically relevant/interesting ever worn rectangular glasses? compare that with round frames

and to put the trend issue into perspective
when did you first start seeing rectangular glasses get popular
did you ever see them before the 2000s, like rounder ones
>>
File: bateman american psycho glasses.png (879KB, 1248x540px) Image search: [Google]
bateman american psycho glasses.png
879KB, 1248x540px
Round looks great on Pat.
>>
>>11155169
Ho lee shit kid, you're retarted
>>
>tfw no triangular frames
>>
>>11155193
But you're not Christian Bale
>>
File: 91731_full.jpg (82KB, 1000x688px) Image search: [Google]
91731_full.jpg
82KB, 1000x688px
>>
File: 1407722549-3817889604.jpg (308KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1407722549-3817889604.jpg
308KB, 900x1000px
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.