[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does it fucking matter that Stan smiths are a meme shoe??? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (41KB, 1000x555px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 1000x555px
does it fucking matter that Stan smiths are a meme shoe??? I don't even believe that. I've seen way more superstars than Stan smiths. I finally got a pair and got 5+ compliments on them. who cares, it's a beautiful shoe and to the public it's P rare to see.
pic sorta related, you see why
>>
File: rod laver.jpg (28KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
rod laver.jpg
28KB, 620x413px
>>11144311
depends where you live.

i'm in the uk, not a big city, and it's just 17 year old basic bitches wearing 'em

im gonna cop these instead
>>
>>11144311
dubs checked. I live in sydney and for some reason the only other people i see wearing stans are asian people, cunts know how to fashion.
>>
>>11144323
that is true. where I live everyone is still stuck on jordans. I'm one of the only people that have enough money to afford jordans, but buys other shoes instead. everyone else is poor
>>
>>11144311
I've heard Superstars are more common in Europe. Here in Tokyo though it's like 1 in 5 people with Stans.
>>
>caring about mass produced mall clothes
>>
>not wearing dooms
>>
>>11144311
Come to France m8. More Stans than other shoes. It's ridiculous.
>>
I've never seen anyone wear stan smiths. But when I go some where I always see several people wearing converse. I had to stop wearing converse because I always see someone wearing my shoes.
>>
>>11144353
WHERE DO I FIND THIS
>>
I've never seen Stan Smith irl. but every second girl on the streets here wears Superstars.
>>
>>11144555
UK?
>>
>>11144556

Germany.
>>
I tried on a pair at Footlocker and they looked like nurse shoes
>>
>>11144562
This, they look retarded in person. I nearly fell for the meme.
>>
I live in LA and ive seen em once before. I have a pair and have also been complimented on them.

I got em for 15 bucks at a thrift store, before finding out they were a "meme" show, though
>>
>>11144565
>>11144562
there are some exceptions. these are fucking sexy , too bad they dont exist
>>
stans and superstars are p common at my school

uniqueness/exclusivity for its own sake does matter to me, i like both shoes but when they're so ubiquitous, i'd rather have something different and be a special snowflake - if there are two shoes i like equally and i have to pick one, i'll prob pick the one that less ppl have
>>
>>11144677
to elaborate, i guess i'm buying into the "secret fashion club" mentality where i'm trying to avoid being associated with the masses, it's hard to reconcile this without falling into hypebeast/fashion victim territory. maybe the difference is that instead of wearing clothes based solely on exclusitivity and trends, i'm still filtering them through personal taste to create individuality (hopefully)
>>
Anyone notice the latest stans are really shiny and the green part at the back is no longer suede? They look like shit.
>>
>>11144311
KEK
>>
UK here and I used to see way more stans than superstars a year ago, but now it's about 50/50. Bought superstars a year ago before they were ubiquitous here and regret it now. I fell for the meme shoe.
>>
>>11144683
Here's your reply
>>
>>11144752
Same here. I just bought them because I didn't have shit to choose from at Footlocker. I gotta get a new pair of shoes
>>
>>11144323
>glued soles
Lol k
>>
>>11144553
adidas.com?
>>
/fa/ is all about the special snowflake mentality so to 90% of this board it does
I wear them and don't care, cheap beater/daily wear shoe
>>
>>11144311
>pretty rare
I have nothing against stan smiths but they're INSANELY fucking common now. I see them as much as I see chuck taylors. Every girl aged 12-27 owns a pair and a quarter of the guys in that same bracket do. They're the memest.
>>
Nobody wants to wear the same shoes in public. When I wore converse I would always get awkward looks when I'd see someone wearing the same shoes as me. I hated it. That's human nature right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edgFzYA4csM
>>
I came to /fa/ a year ago with no fashion sense at all. I fell for the Stan Smith meme and the shoe was played out already back then, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing these ever again.
To be fair, it was rare to see this shoe last year, at least here in germany I maybe saw 2 people all year wearing them, but this year they are everywhere.
I mean go ahead, wear them, you'll probably get lots of compliments by normies, I did back then and honestly, it's not like you're spending a fortune or anything. I just wanna warn you, you might cringe at it next year.
>>
>>11144685
Yep. I copped these a week ago and they look much better than the basic ones. They are not shiny at all
>>
I prefer roshe one completely white over stan smiths or superstars.
>>
>>11144890
Pretty nice as far as stans go
>>
>>11144892
>roshe
kek
>>
I live in Manhattan and there are times when I look down, on a block of about 1,000 people walking, and more people are wearing Stans than any other shoes. Its quite pathetic really
>>
>>11145249
Youre a lying faggot

I live and work in Manhattan and can say with utmost confidence that I've rarely, if ever, noticed someone wearing stans. Especially not dudes. They seem to be more common on girls.

The Stan meme is literally a /fa/ meme in and of itself.
>>
>>11145300
This
The stan smith 'meme' only exists here
Even if they are probably more common in certain places they still aren't the most popular, no where near
As OP said superstars are seen a lot more
>>
>>11145334
>Stan smiths are rare where I live
>tfw cant shake the feeling of meme
>tfw /fa/ has brainwashed me
>>
File: superstar2.jpg (13KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
superstar2.jpg
13KB, 236x236px
I've always liked superstars better, to be honest
>>
>>11145893
Thats cause you're a basic bitch
>>
I've never seen Stan Smiths being worn irl

Just Nike shoes. Mainly New Balances.
>>
>>11146379
Honestly, neither have I.

When i bought mine i posted a pic to my snapchat and one girl i know responded and was like "I cant believe you like Stans" along with a picture of her all-white snakeskin stans.

Aside from her, I dont think I've ever seen Stans IRL.
>>
>>11146384
Like I'm in need of a white shoe that's a departure from my typical Vans and I'm looking at Stan Smiths despite what's said online. /fa/ is weird some times.
>>
>>11144323
I'm in the UK in a fairly large city and I rarely ever see anyone wearing them of any age or sex. See sambas and superstars daily multiple times though.
>>
>>11144311
The only people who wear Stans are the trendy fuerdai Chinese students, so they are far from popular here in Ohio.
>>
>>11146379
You don't live near asians then. Large korean minority where I grew up, every single one had a pair
>>
>>11146466
I live in a relatively big city in the US and ridge runs are 5x more popular than Stans. I just got a pair of the all white ones from their website
>>
>>11145895
Stan Smith's are the most basic shoes besides Vans and Converse. Whenever I see a pair I think the guy is saying "I'm a suburbian white person and I wanna dress like an old person.
>>
>>11146617
How old is an old person to you?
>>
>>11146617
Why would anyone think Stan Smiths would make them look like an old person? If you are wearing shoes like that and are older than 30 you are probably a loser.
>>
>>11146384
Did you end up eating her ass?
>>
>>11146733
Nah. I'M finna tho
>>
only if you care what people on 4chan think of you
>>
>>11144311

>thread about stan smiths
>thread about shoes being a mome
>thread about should i buy or not?

yep another sheep
>>
>>11146761
Make sure you specify she washes her anus before you go over to eat the poohole.
>>
>>11146617
stans are Larry David tier but that doesn't mean they aren't nice
>>
>>11144323
The laver silhouette is pretty bad desu
>>
>>11144311
You have to realize that 4chan is anonymous and a majority of the people posting on here are going to judge you/put you down any chance they get.
>>
>>11144323
Do you realize how similar your shoes look though? The only people who will know the difference are on the website
>>
>>11147139
>wearing clothes for others
>>
>>11144323
Are those even still available?
>>
File: F37349_01_standard.jpg (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
F37349_01_standard.jpg
14KB, 500x500px
What about the Busenitz?
>>
>>11144555
how can you never have seen them ffs You must live in like a shitty village or something.
>>
>>11144555
Kinda same here, but it isn't really surprising
>>
I live in las vegas , with a decent black population. people mainly wear jordans or some shit tier nike sneaker that was on sale . only seen stans 5 times and they were tourists
>>
i see them ALL THE TIME and i live in a shithole
lol at rare
>>
just copped some all white meme smiths for 100 dollars
>>
It only matters to you because you are incapable of seeing a world passed "meme or not". The world isn't the fucking internet. Just buy the shoes if you like them you stupid retard.
>>
>>11149757
Same, did you get the ones with the white or cream soles
>>
>>11144311
..those are sketchers
>>
>>11145893
I used to own like two pairs of those in different colors back in 08'.
>>11145895

Hatters gonna hatters
>>
>>11144890
son you just paid $10 more for gold lettering stating that they're not common projects
>>
I've never seen anybody wear Stan smiths, from NJ and all I see are superstars, vans, and roshes, I don't wanna wear them because other people might start
>>
I live in Berlin and yesterday I saw this show a dozen times on people and these are the ones I counted.
>>
>Not wearing superga 2750 cotu classics
>>
>>11145334
>>11145300
They are the most popular shoes in France at the moment. Superstars are pretty rare. Converse are almost inexistant now. Some Air Max on drug dealers.
The rest is only fucking STAN SMITHS. Holy shit.
>>
>>11145300
>>11145334

untrue; large percentage of retail sa's in soho wear stans

also, extremely prevalent in the fashion industry
at one point, literally 7/10 of all the people I met (muddles, editors, photographers, etc) wore stans

died down a bit, but I still see stans more than any other sneaker on shoots
>>
>>11146384
>buys cheap shoe
>posts it to snap story

what kind of weak flex....
>>
>>11149344
if you wear these shoes and you don't skate you're a bitch :)
>>
>>11146429
I am also in a UK city, fairly large and all I ever see are Stans and Superstars
>>
>>11153193
If you wear stan smiths and dont play tennis you're a bitch.
If you wear AF1s and dont play basketball you're a bitch

Dumb ass bitch logic
>>
>>11153213
not really
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.