[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you're a basic bitch I just want to be minimalistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg (44KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg
44KB, 800x800px
>tfw you're a basic bitch

I just want to be minimalistic senpai
>>
Don't be sad OP. /fa/ is just being a dick to you.

>dress basic
>basic bitch!

>dress goofy
>tryhard!

>dress preb
>hello dad!

>dress in cheap stuff
>lmao poorfag

>dress in designer stuff
>money can't buy style!

/fa/ is never happy just wear what you feel comfortable in
>>
File: image (6).jpg (45KB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
image (6).jpg
45KB, 480x271px
daily reminder that simplicity =/= minimalism
>>
>>11138424
explain the difference then

>implying the best fit in the world isn't
black bomber
black tee
black jeans
white sneakers

Fucking fags in their weird ass fits
>>
>>11138378
Can we sticky this???
>>
File: booth.jpg (912KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
booth.jpg
912KB, 1024x1024px
>>11138424
youre goddamn right
>>
>>11138439
>mods won't even update the old ass sticky
>thinks they would also a comment on it

Ha
>>
File: images (21).jpg (12KB, 357x412px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
12KB, 357x412px
>>11138437
Minimalism is about reducing any expression a work or object can possess by reducing its elements such as colour, space, shape etc. down to the most essential, undifferentiable and unnatural form, so as to only remove any uncertainty about the artists meaning or intentions (ie expression through colour or size) and focusing on only what matters
Things like repetition, spacing things evenly, removing any reminiscence of natural/living objects, minimising colour etc are used to achieve this sense of literal interpretation
In turn it can seem simple from an outside perspective but can actually be very complex in what it chooses is essential and is often extremely reductive and lifeless
Hence minimalism can be simple, but simplicity isn't always minimalism, much like the brick house above can be reduced to its essentials, but there is still lots of detail and uncertainty about the design of it and what that is trying to express, unlike the house on the right
>>
>>11138681
What is the house on the right trying to express?
>>
>>11138681
Correction, I should say "what you can infer about it" rather than, "what it is trying to express"
>>
>>11138686
I should have made it clearer, my bad
The house on the right is much more literal and straightforward in what you can extract from it, the house on the left has details such as the brickwork, window framing etc which adds unnecessary complexity and uncertainty about the reasons for choosing those particular design style
you could perhaps give a lot more reasons perhaps as to why the designer chose every single element to be that way, than the house on the right
>>
>>11138681
i don't disagree about the process you describe that achieves minimalism, but i disagree with the idea it's about removing uncertainty about meaning or intention.

id say its generally more about beauty or craft
>>
>>11138712
Well the movement was originally anti-expressionist, it aimed to remove every feature that could be used to interpret meaning from an artwork or design, ofc this principle came with its inherent unique monolothic, stark cleanliness and simplicity
>>
If it works for you and you feel comfortable in it keep going at it who cares what people think
>>
I just wear casual clothes. I'm not even /fa/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.