[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are high fashion brands cheaper in Asia or are those kids really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 11

Are high fashion brands cheaper in Asia or are those kids really fucking rich?

Especially Koreans and Singaporeans, it's super common to see them rocking those ridiculous expensive brands on Instagram
>>
singapore is fucking rich af
>>
File: Capturar.png (101KB, 629x379px) Image search: [Google]
Capturar.png
101KB, 629x379px
I might as well make bank scamming some dumb fucks by selling those
>>
asians are rich and tasteless for the most part
>>
File: usps_logo_postal_service.jpg (205KB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
usps_logo_postal_service.jpg
205KB, 3200x1800px
>>11128895
why cant usps be effay?
>>
>>11128906
anything that associates itself with the US is immediately unfashionable
>>
Japanese brands are cheaper in japan. That's about it. (Ex. Cdg play tee is $100-120 USD and it is only 6000 yen in japan.)
>>
I'm assuming you're talking about the international kids at your school. Yeah, they're fucking loaded. makes sense since they can afford an education outside their home country.
>>
>>11128884
The poor ones don't have as many instagram followers retard
>>
most of the time they fake so dont worry too much
>>
>>11128884
Asia is just now beginning to catch on to the notion that flaunting your wealth as directly as possible isn't always the best move. When you see rich Asian kids decked out in expensive logos from head to toe, that's not because they're necessarily richer than an American WASP or Greek shipping heir, but that their culture celebrates wealth in ways that are just eyesores to us.

Like I said, this is starting to change. Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Chanel have all taken hits to their growth in Asia, which was their biggest growth region for a couple of decades, while luxury brands with more low-key niche images are doing better and better there.
>>
>>11128884
the girl in the pic is a korean pop star lol
>>
File: Photo 2-23-16, 03 24 23.jpg (46KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 2-23-16, 03 24 23.jpg
46KB, 528x960px
This kid wears crazy expensive logos from head to toe every single day. I've literally never seen him wear the same thing twice! I feel jealous as fuck. I hate feeling jealous of people

Those Giuseppe Zanotti sneakers are so cool in person. I wish I had $1000 to spend on a fucking shoe :'(
>>
>>11129143
>Those Giuseppe Zanotti sneakers are so cool in person
stop posting
>>
>>11128884
If slp released a t shirt with the UPS logo, idiots like you would buy it by the drove and pay through the fucking nose for them.
Why do i even bother? Being /fa/ is the least /fa/ shit ever
>>
>>11129143
azn fuccbois
gross
>>
File: 14322925193730.jpg (115KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
14322925193730.jpg
115KB, 900x900px
>>11129189
>>11129189
and yet you would trade your mother for a chance to live their lives

uh-oh
>>
>>11128909
au contraire mon frere

blue jeans, hip hop, jordans, uggs, INSTAGRAM, etc are pretty popular as far as i can tell. americanisms have a cachet for a lot of people

>>11128936
>>11128947
these are more accurate. for people who make it to you across the ocean via pictures on the internet, a high value often placed on clothing and the ostentatious consumerism kind of fashion
>>
>>11128919
Yeah but the import costs account for the price difference
Getting stuff via ems is so expensive. It can easily triple the cost
>>
>>11129208
why r u projecting on me
>>
Actually high fashion brands are MORE expensive in Asia. Also the rich Asian kids you're talking about are not that baller but they pretty much all get a monthly allowance from their parents that can be anywhere from $1000 to $10,000 a month for things like clothes and going out.

In Asian culture "face" is considered supremely important so if a family is rich they're going to make sure their kids always have lots of money to wear the latest clothes.

But with that said the kids themselves just get an allowance. It's their parents who are the actual ballers.

Also once these kids grow up they tend to get forced to take part in the family business and don't get to hang out all day and wear crazy clothes anymore so there's a trade off there that you don't recognize. These kids are going all out because they know they just have a handful of years to live it up before they're expected to take a white collar job at their families plastic manufacturing factory in buttfuck mainland China and end up in a loveless arranged marriage for the rest of their lives.

Source: work in a luxury clothing store and shoot the shit with Chinese kids who's English is good enough.
>>
>>11129293
This. They aren't like footloose American trust fund kids. The Chinese kids are essentially telling for their families, still doing a duty while we think they're just being narcissistic.

Be way more jealous of the guy in the J. Press sweater smoking a joint and watching family guy in his final club. That's who's got it made.
>>
>>11129293
That's sadly comforting to know. I feel a little better now lol

I was at Starbucks the other day with a friend and some Asian kid was wearing those 3k Valentino sneakers and I kept wondering how the fuck are those kids parents making their fortune.

Because I'm also a foreigner student (Brazil) in America and I'm considered rich in my country and my parents can't afford 3k sneakers you know what I mean
Those kids are next level rich and I've never seen anything like that in my life coming from a poor as country lol
>>
>>11129293
hit the nail on the head anon.

the lives of the 'nouveau riche' (the chinese term would be fuerdai) look great from the outside with their all their designer shit and their free reign over daddy's credit card, but hanging around with these kids for any amount of time gives you this curiously empty feeling.

a lot of them don't get to spend a lot of time with their parents as kids who are off working their asses off somewhere, and hence they get over-compensated in monetary gifts and material things, which of course can never replace parental affection and a decent upbringing by them instead of some nanny or some boarding school. this leads to a lot of issues, a kind of fundamental insecurity, and a desire for human connection, but most of them don't know how to make other people like them and form genuine relationships with other people without resorting to flaunting their wealth and filling the gap in their lives with materialistic things. some of them are rich enough that it's just a life of continual consumerism, and to them, it eventually becomes so dead-boring.

funnily enough, the middle class in China have quite a disdain for this kind of ostentatious behaviour from the wealthy, and they're subject to quite a lot of criticism back in the mainland, which I find is very valid, but the parents are probably more to blame for the upbringing of the current generations.

these are pretty interesting reads if OP or anyone is interested:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/02/22/chinas-rich-kids-head-west

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-10-01/children-of-the-yuan-percent-everyone-hates-china-s-rich-kids
>>
I remember a documentary about schoolgirls who date with old men/pay with their body to get exepensive stuff; it might have been japan though
>>
>>11129293
This 10000000000%
can confirm, an asian
>>
>>11129628
japan. definitely. their schoolgirl culture is kind of fucked up.

probably happens on a lesser scale in China too
>>
File: make-america-great.png (2MB, 1200x1385px) Image search: [Google]
make-america-great.png
2MB, 1200x1385px
>>11129293
>>11129624

all dat money can't buy poor Zhang a soul, time with his dad, or taste lmfao
>>
>>11129624
Thanks for the links, anon
Definitely given me a different view than just "lol fuccbois"
>>
>>11129638
kek'd
>>
>>11129231
Uggs are Australian dumbass
>>
Why do such ugly people pay so much for shitty looking clothes? Fucking chinks lmfao.
>>
singaporean here, can confirm kids are spoilt
>>
>>11129146
Guiseppe's are nice, i have a pair. You can get them in plain colourways and materials if you dont like the ostentatious black n gold ones.
>>
I see these people all the time at my college. They always drive really nice cars and have qt girlfriends with them all the time (who are also Chinese/Korean). It's interesting reading your comments and it makes me feel a bit sad for them. With that being said they are kind of living the fashion dream, if not only for a couple of years. However, those articles may just be appointed towards making us feel better about our own lives (western culture) but I will give them a read later.
>>
>>11128884
Dara bby. Tbf Dara has taste, don't use her for these threads ._.
>>
>>11129913
>. However, those articles may just be appointed towards making us feel better about our own lives (western culture)
>implying western culture is inferior to chink culture
>implying a few years of lavish, vain consumerist whoring is worth more than western liberties
Even rich chinks/koreans can't escape their shitty, authoritarian societies. No freedom of speech, no right to keep and bear arms, no protection against government abuse of power. I'd rather be a middle-class American than a rich-beyond-belief chink. No amount of money can make living in Asia a worthwhile choice.
>>
>>11129293
>>11129624
>I know all about Asians! They're all the same! They're all Chinese! They're all spoilt kids with rich parents!
>>
>>11128884
Which Korean and Singaporean instagram kids are you talking about
>>
>>11128919
>Japanese brands are cheaper in japan
getting my friend who's going over there to raid some cav empt shit for me
>>
yellow asian people are very royal, like, they like to be flashy, to be bold, to make people think that "damn dude you're rich". because superiority in east asia (esp. china) is measured from wealthiness.

source : i'm the other kind of asian.
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (57KB, 363x421px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
57KB, 363x421px
>>11129889
>go on the Guiseppe website to check it out
What in the literal fuck senpai. 1300 buckeroos for a pair of pimp slippers.
>>
>>11129231
neither blue jeans nor instagram is really associated with the US..
>>
File: RickWorried.png (155KB, 308x393px) Image search: [Google]
RickWorried.png
155KB, 308x393px
>>11130044
>with a smiley on it
>>
>>11128947
e.g Bape
>>
>>11130024
What you on about? Strawman argument
>>
>>11129231
Blue jeans are French indigo
>>
>>11130076
>Strawman argument
except it's not
>>
File: 1415214487072.jpg (32KB, 370x385px) Image search: [Google]
1415214487072.jpg
32KB, 370x385px
>>11129624
lmao when the obligatory rich asian in one of my classes rolled up the sleeves of his rottweiler print sweater I saw his cartier love bracelet was beautifully paired with huge scars all over his wrists
>>
>>11130118
Ask him where his scars come from
>>
>>11130129
a desire for attention
>>
>>11130129
Probably trying to adjust the bracelet tight enough for his tiny wrists
>>
File: 1443798859800.png (1MB, 842x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1443798859800.png
1MB, 842x1052px
A korean league of legends pro player which plays in china now.
>>
It doesn't matter I can wear a white t and some levis and look sexier than every single asian. They be jelly
>>
>>11130391
imp's loaded, shame he has no taste
>>
>>11130391
E sports is the most autistic thing ever
>>
>>11129624
This is a very, very good post.

The tl;dr argument for a lot of this behavior some put forward: Chinese corruption has made a lot of formerly poor people incredibly rich. Because Mao's many fuckups haven't quite been forgotten, these nouveau riche go over the goddamn top for its own sake. The point isn't getting high quality things, it's buying a ~brand~ and something signifying wealth. Thus the onslaught of dumbshit designer t-shirts. There are some pretty interesting arguments directly linking Mao policies to the new Chinese "fuck you, got mine" mentality, but I won't ramble about them.

These kids are screwed, though. They get shipped over to Western universities thanks to their parents money and promptly isolate themselves from anyone but their own in-group. They learn very little and, as evidence is showing, cheat like hell. They've been propped up on a house of cards that affords them no real challenge and in most cases no real social life. I don't blame them for their ennui - I think I'd probably jump off the top of a building if I were in that situation.

This is why I'm not too terribly concerned about China. Their research is shit, their manufacturing is barely tolerable, and their economy isn't using their newfound influx of cash to develop - it's burning it on goddamn veblen goods. Japan and Korea were stupid in their own ways, but they've at least been able to turn explosive growth into long-term potential, rather than piles of LV bags and shit.
>>
>>11129624
dude thank you for those links. very very interesting read
>>
File: wh1.jpg (158KB, 794x442px) Image search: [Google]
wh1.jpg
158KB, 794x442px
>>11129293
I wonder if they ever feel jealous of the lives of people with more freedom, even if it means they would have less money.

I'm not rich by any extent, and I live out in rugged rural Britain. I can't afford loads of designer clothes or luxury apartments, but I just love sitting in the pub on a winters night out in the middle of nowhere with a few friends, smoking and drinking and having a laugh, then stumbling home pissed through the frost. I essentially live in wool jumpers, boots and jeans.

Seems like people with these kinds of expectations are expected to go to the fanciest bars and clubs. I wouldn't mind walking a mile in their shoes, but it doesn't seem like a comfy life. I always wondered what it would be like to bring a trust fund kiddie into that world for a week.
>>
>>11128884
It's just Asians with low tier genetics who happened to strike it rich. Thus they think their money validates their genetic inferiority, family history and lack of personality or taste.
>>
>>11129143

Is this bait?

Lets hope so....
>>
>>11130044

Disgusting.

Millennial fag boys have no taste at all.
>>
Most of the time they look like shit.
Having expensive designer clothes =/= having style.

>>11129143
prime example right there
>>
>>11130803
>their research is shit

as someone who always wanted to do a scientifical internship in japan, how do you come to this conclusion? Countries like India, China, Korea and Japan rank high in international competitions and many papers i work with have japanese co writers...
>>
>>11131065
I should specify that I'm referring to China here:

http://www.economist.com/news/china/21586845-flawed-system-judging-research-leading-academic-fraud-looks-good-paper
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21628910-300-fraud-fighter-faked-research-is-endemic-in-china/
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/china-pursues-fraudsters-science-publishing
http://www.ipeg.com/does-chinese-academic-fraud-result-in-unreliable-patent-data/

My understanding is that India, Korea, and Japan are pretty solid. China's bunk.
>>
>>11128884
>>11128895
Isn't she wearing the $330 DHL shirt?
https://www.ssense.com/en-us/women/product/vetements/yellow-dhl-t-shirt/1490743
>>
>>11131065
He doesn't know what he's talking about. There are loads of important papers in biology with all-Chinese authors from Chinese universities.
>>
Singaporean here, I find it laughable that people think that we are rich as fuck. Most of the Asians you see are mostly rich spoilt kids who have an allowance. If you were to come to Singapore, literally no one dresses like what you see overseas, simply because:
>hot as fuck over here and we don't layer
>luxury goods are overpriced here, mostly copped online

Lots of kids into streetwear, although mostly shitty brands like Izzue etc.
>>
>>11131103
>>hot as fuck over here and we don't layer

Is it humid? dry heat isn't that bad
>>
>>11131078
Foreign journalists don't get shown much in China and neither do analysts or whatever. Scientific and technological developments are booming in China. It just isn't published in foreign countries often as India, Japan and Korea are aligned to western countries whilst China is politically opposed. Thus you have all these media websites regularly shilling against China. If you look at the list of modern inventions and scientific innovations in China you can see much potential. However a lot of it is unknown. It's a secretive country.

Seriously your generalisation of 1/5 of the human race is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>11130889
I'm in the same boat, we live the good life buddy
>>
>>11128947
someone took a fashion business course ;^)
>>
>>11129293
I have a FWB thing going on with a nouveau riche Chinese student. You think I could turn him into a sugardaddy of some sort? I mean, I come as a blessing to him being a white local
>>
>>11131152
how big is his cock? this is important
>>
>>11131151
Buisness of Fashion newsletter
>>
>>11129231
>americanisms have a cachet for a lot of people

Doesn't mean shit. The tacky Hollister/Abercrombie/American Eagle trend of the 2000s is only now catching on to third world countries. Doesn't make those people any more fashionable, just retards who are following a trend that's dead and was tacky to begin with
>>
>>11131168
i heard it was 4 inches
>>
>>11131132
>"Shilling" against China
>Just isn't published
>It's all a conspiracy
>Muh 5,000 years of culture

Sure, and they also have secret robots that could totally dominate the West if they wanted to, and their intestines are longer so they have to eat only Chinese food, and CTM is totally a great thing that Western medicine shills against because of money. It isn't like their entire infrastructure isn't utter shit, their economy is falsified, their government is extremely corrupt, their foreign relations laughable (e.g. fake islands in the South China Sea), their health situation completely fucked, and their future prospects laughable.

I'm sure that there is good research that comes out of China on occasion, but it'd be completely stupid to ignore the wealth of proof that they're faking a lot. You can't hand me a platter of shit with a few gold flecks in it and act like it's a platter of gold.

Addressing the science point directly, check out how many predatory OA journals come out of China:
https://scholarlyoa.com/?s=china

More broadly, it's asinine to pretend like China's technological skills come from their own doing - they've been stealing foreign IP for decades at this point. To the extent that they have super cool-kids-club-only research they aren't publishing, it certainly doesn't show. What DOES show is a persistent effort to steal foreign IP by using cheap manpower and sketchy manufacturing.
>>
>>11131190
>is now only starting to catch on
Have you been to 3rd world countries cuckboi?
They been on that hype for a long time.
>>
>>11131211
Sounds like someone has worked around the Chinese.
You're also 100% correct.
Chinese students have a bad reputation for cheating here in the USA. And the super rich ones usually just buy their way through a class.
>>
>>11131240
>buy their way through a class

Can you elaborate? I'm curious.
>>
>>11129208
>and yet you would trade your mother for a chance to live their lives

Honestly, I'd rather dress like a skinhead most of my days and wear the occasional Rick outfit.
>>
>>11131065
>scientifical
>>
>>11128884
saw some kid on instagram with soem SLP pants and yellow jacket/bomber that looked fucking awesome, I think it was yellow

anyone knows the ID?
also i search for lux brands and its all asians
>>
>>11129143
>spend that much on an outfit
>look like total shit
who should kill themselves me or him?
>>
>>11130795
this
>>
just saw some kid wearing yohji and a y3 walking around with his gf who im pretty sure is wearing full rick
it looks tacky and gaudy,even my fashion blind friend agree
>>
>>11131065
>scientifical
dude come on im suppose to believe your smart?
>>
>>11130749
>>11130795
>>11132210

>envy
>>
>>11132034
Not the person you're replying to, but you can pay others to write essays and do projects for you.
>>
I find them incredibly ignorant to say the least. It's wrong of me to generalise all Chinese international students I know, but every single one I've came across cannot even use please or thank you. I also notice they stare me up and down a lot if I wear designer clothing.
>>
>>11131152

What are you, gay?
>>
>>11132317
Envy? Sitting on your fat ass behind a computer all day, not doing anything productive? Nah im good
>>
>>11132374
Not that guy but this isnt the first time Ive heard this. If its true, why cant universites do anything about it?
>>
>>11129143
>saw some guiseppe zagaudis in person once
>thought they were cool
Son, you have much to learn
>>
>>11133630
Like your opinion isnt worthless. I bet you wear rick you pleb. Guiseppe/rick .
>>
>>11132317
nah i love my boy imp
>>
>>11131190
>a trend that's dead and was tacky to begin with
isn't that every trend after its death?
>>
>>11130076

>using a word that you don't know the meaning of
>>
>>11130080
Indigo pre-American colonialism was expensive and inaccessible given it was mostly an Asian import. So while denim is from France, it was in the United States where indigo denim started becoming widely accessible. You can basically thank Levi Strauss for the popularity and accessibility of denim today.
>>
>>11132387
They're largely country bumpkins who came into money through corruption. Not only are they country bumpkins, the country in which they are bumpkins had all of its aristocratic culture wiped out by a communist regime so that they have no concept of humility or nobless oblige and nothing of which to be proud except their money itself. To top it all off, they don't speak your language well and are inclined to choose usages that err on the side of haughty.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.