[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

effay, I didn't read the sticky and I'm coming over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: FullSizeRender 34.jpg (669KB, 943x1665px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 34.jpg
669KB, 943x1665px
effay,

I didn't read the sticky and I'm coming over from /fit/.

I'm trying to dress better but I'm not sure if this is a decent fit.

How do my pants look?
I know the shirt has a bad drape, and I'm looking for alternatives.
Thoughts on my shoes?
Overall color coordination?

My quads are larger than my hips and my shoulders are broad as well. I'm thinking that I'll stop working out my legs, or at least cut it down to once a week.

I'm also looking for t-shirts that fit better. Any advice would be great.

Pls no bully
>>
>>11084266
It's impossible to dress well with a body like that.

If you want to dress well you need to devote time to losing weight and especially losing mass. I know it was confidence issues that probably got you into lifting weights or whatever, but you fucked up big time. Thin is the only real aesthetic.
>>
>>11084276
fucking lol

sour grapes
>>
>>11084266
Read the fucking sticky you unfashionable bitch.
>>
File: rp.png (893KB, 482x1066px) Image search: [Google]
rp.png
893KB, 482x1066px
>>11084292
Compare OP's body type to mine

Literally nothing will look good on him, while I can wear virtually anything and look good.
>>
File: fWpLOSG.jpg (66KB, 485x541px) Image search: [Google]
fWpLOSG.jpg
66KB, 485x541px
>>11084276
Definitely cutting down. I'll be cutting until my mass is similar to pic related.

>>11084292
Any thoughts on my attempt though?
>>
>>11084276
faggot
you are just not correct
your body looks great OP don't listen to anyone else but the fit is boring
>>
>>11084297
BOY SHUT UP YOU LOOK LIKE STRAIGHT SHIT
>>
>>11084295
I glanced at it and there's not much there. It's kinda reddit tier tbqh
>>
>>11084266
>shoes
If your shoes weren't full white and were a regular pair of sneakers, you're literally dressed as an average guy. So shoes are k really.
>shirt
Get a tighter shirt, graphics probably won't work well for you so get a jacket to add some style/remove some blandness.
>pants
They seem fine, perhaps a little too short/long so they look like a poor fit instead of a good one or stacks.
>colors
Really bland, barely works together, too much attention is brought to your pants instead of the rest of your body, and when the pants are just pure black then that's not gr8. With this style, I'd recommend paler/stoned jeans, maybe grey, if you want to keep shirt+shoes. If you want to switch shirts for this style, get a white one instead, avoid a black jacket with that though since that's just blandness fuel (a leather COULD work, due to the huge difference in texture having an impact).
>>
also fashion is not about body type you could dress a literal turd to be /fa/
>>
>>11084297
god damn you stand like a girl . )(
>>
>>11084305
Thanks, dude!
Yeah the fit is boring, but I really dig the basics.
>>
>>11084292
Don't know if you're OP, but 'thin is the only real aesthetic' is the mindset that most people have on /fa/, whether or not everyone outside of /fa/ agrees. If you don't like it, don't ask for advice here.

OP, read the sticky and lurk moar - the least you could do before asking for advice on a shitty and half-assed fit is to put in some fucking work into research yourself.

That being said, the fit on everything and the colors are trash. I could dig the shoes but the picture is blurry so it's hard to judge.
>>
File: 1457886305615.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1457886305615.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
>>11084297
>thisistheguywhocriticizedOP.jpg
>>
>>11084313
I really need better fitting t-shirts. The pants need to be hemmed. The inseam is 34 and I'm a 31. I'm hoping a decent hem can fix the problem. I'll take note on your color advice.

I'm also looking for a decent pair of raw denim and chinos, any advice on brands? Under $200 a pair would be awesome
>>
>>11084276
This only applies if you're massive.

I'm thin too but I don't get this fascination with being skinny. It's not something to brag about, it's really just a convenience.
>>
>>11084329
No, that wasn't me. Cool to hear the shoe's are ok, they're adidas white mountaineering nastase grey.
>>
>>11084297
stfu you knock-kneed wide hipped, red pant wearing faggot.
>>
>>11084266
Body shape like David Gandy. Dress like David Gandy.
>>
>>11084297
A Lie !
>>
>>11084297
are you fucking autistic
>>
>>11084390
>tucking in a shirt into pants worn on the hips
nooooo
>>
You dress like an autist with no taste for aesthetics
>>
>>11084347
Not him, but since you're new, please don't start buying into memes so quick. I might get a lot of shit for this, but raw denim - and selvedge denim, for that matter - is a stupid fucking fad unless you plan on wearing those jeans for the rest of your life (which you won't, because they'll probably be unfashionable in half a decade or less).

As for chinos, go for something cheaper while you're still learning how you like your clothes to fit on your body. Uniqlo is a popular choice around here, but that's assuming you live near one (or you're willing to deal with returning items if they don't fit like they should). Otherwise, I've had some okay experiences with other mall-tier stores like Topman and GAP, and that way you'll at least be able to try everything on before you buy it.
>>
>>11084465
>Not him
I didn't advocate any denim, famm. It's wayyy on it's way out (until they become popular again as fashion cycles round every 20 years). Acid/stonewashed/powder is current, and is probably still staying round long enough that's it's safe to invest in some.
And I also didn't recommend chinos, because I am neither retarded, nor (heavily) homosexual, nor believe that shit like >>11084297 looks good.
>>
>>11084297
sorry but you are a faggot and look like one too
>>
>>11084499
>denim is out of trend
nigga step outside of your basement for five seconds and tell me that
>chinos are homosexual
honest to god retardation
>>
>>11084465
Yeah, I guess I don't want to get caught up in the moment. There's a Uniqlo nearby that I'll hit up. Just not a fan of cheap materials. I've read mixed reviews about the fabrics uniqlo uses.

I usually like to by clothes from the Nordstrom clearance section and have a tailor fix the fit.
>>
Hot
>>
>>11084276
>fa
>>
>>11084360
not that guy but you sound kinda homo looking at guy's hips fampai
>>
>>11084517
Tailoring is a very good option, but again try not to spend too much money on anything while you're still learning what you like. Your tailor won't necessarily know how to make something fit fashionably, and most of them will just alter your clothes into something conservative and traditional. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's not going to be particularly fashionable either.

As much as I'm a proponent for saving on clothes, keep in mind that things are in the clearance section for a reason, and that just because it's in Nordstrom doesn't mean it's high quality. When you're new, do your research, buy inoffensive basics, and spend sparingly.
>>
>>11084297
>I can wear virtually anything and look good.
Like dresses, skirts, leggings... you're a girl right?
>>
>>11084390
He looks like a douchebag and a faggot.
>>
>>11084465
>>11084499
There's nothing wrong with raw denim right now. It's literally just a certain type of dark jean. Not extremely trendy or anything, but it's not like dark jeans will go completely out as fall/winter wear.

If you're talking about 5 inch double cuff "look at my selvedge" raws for the sake of raws, then yeah, it's out.

>>11084517
Just remember to not buy anything solely because of trends and you'll be good.
>>
>>11084570
Definitely agree. Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it.
>>11084599
Got it senpai, fit is key.
>>
>>11084266
>didnt read the sticky
>plz no bully
fucking lurk moar and also >>11065393
theres probably a thread like this in the catalog as well
>>
>>11084649
wtf is a fucciboi? Am I a fucciboi? How is that pronounced?
>>
>>11084704
That's a good question for the fuccboi general.
>>
>>11084704
You are not a fuccboi... yet. I will say that you should have some sort of style in mind that you want to dress like (aside from "better") as that will help narrow it down
>>
>>11084704
It's pronounced fuckboy, generally someone who tries to into fashion, but is actually clueless, tasteless and is a basic bitch, the fuckboi general is where you post to ask your shitty question and eventually transcend fuckboi status, basically a qtddtot for /fa
>>
>>11084720
Got it. I'm digging paleware for spring and summer. Is there a darker alternative for fall and winter?
>>
>>11084732
Cool, thanks for dumbing it down.
>>
>>11084740
protip: palewave is the epitome of fuccboi
don't fall for the meme
>>
>>11084740
People just wear light colors in the summer. If you like "palewave", just wear light colors together. You don't need to try to buy and wear clothes to fit under a certain subgenre of style, just buy the clothes if they look good and if you think they'll look good together. And palewave is kind of a meme anyway.
>>
>>11084740
Not a bad start. Palewave is slightly meme-y, but not so much that you'll look goofy and if done right it looks good. There's no real winter variant, sadly.
>>
>>11084753
>>11084761
You guys are helpful. Really liking the vibe here. If this was /fit/ and someone slandered a meme routine like SS it would've been a trolls a galore.

I feel like I've got a grasp of the basics and I'll slowly build it out, while posting here for feedback and advice.
>>
>>11084784
Don't be fooled - we're only helpful because we hate each other's shitty meme fits, so we want you to copy our own shitty meme fits instead. Take all advice with a grain of salt.

If you've only been here for a day, you don't have a grasp of the basics. Check out the WAYWT to see all the fuccbois that also thought they had a grasp of the basics.
>>
>>11084816
wew lad >>11083767

Point taken.
>>
>>11084829
Except Huck is sort of an oldfag and I personally think many of his fits are pretty dank. He's certainly not the worst poster here.

Don't worry, I didn't appreciate his style when I was new either and not everyone could pull it off. I'm not going to tell you to like something you don't like.
>>
just do shia-core
>>
File: download (3).jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
12KB, 259x194px
wear henleys and button ups with rolled up sleeves for spring summer

wear better shoes in general aka no shitty colored sneakers. I'd say just go for black, white, or leather sneakers if you must wear sneakers.

pants you can kind of just make work with whatever else you are wearing, consider raw denim if you can afford

Definitly a limit to what you can wear with your body type, only styles that foster to it are

1. prep
2. business formal core
3. americana
4. military/nautical

good luck, you can probably find inspo albums for all of these on r/malefashionadvice. I don't mean go to mfa in a condescending way, i mean that /fa/ is not a place for the bulky
>>
>>11084266
Cuff or hem pants so it doesnt spill over on your shoes too much
And get a darker colored shirt or gray/cream/white if you want a lighter color. That blue doesnt suit your pants
>>
>>11084784
once you into fashion for a while and start to appreciate the work of designers and the design aspects of fashion, youll realise there is so much more you can do beyond limiting yourself to some meme trend set by other people on /fa/ like palewave or dadcore, or some stupid fashion rules created by autists, and you can actually decide for yourself what to wear as an expression of your personal taste in the range of fashion that exists out there, and that in turn will define your style
try to get to a point where you dont need to rely on random internet strangers opinions because you know what you are doing is actually good and if you are interested try to get an appreciation for the work of designer fashion as it will open up whole new worlds of how you can dress if you want to be more than just a basic bitch, which id assume is true if you are posting on here
>>
>>11084753
Are people serious with the palewave shit or is it an ironic thing? They look like a kid who has to wear his cousin's shitty hand me downs.
>>
File: terence_piv.jpg (16KB, 288x174px) Image search: [Google]
terence_piv.jpg
16KB, 288x174px
>>11084297
>>
>>11084297
NIGGER what the actual fuck is that fit boy get the fuck outta here, can't talk shit about op with that gay ass middle school attire who the fuck do you think you are
>>
>>11085062
oh they are serious, they will seem trendy and cool having a special concept they dress based upon, when in reality they are clueless about fashion so the only interesting thing they can do with their clothing is to copy other peoples styles because they cant make decisions for themselves
>>
>>11085084
The way they dress truthfully reminds me of hand me downs I used to get from older relatives that didn't fit me and were worn out and shitty. Or any shit you can grab off the rack at a second hand store.
>>
>>11084266
u dont lift 3 months then say u coming over from /fit/ u dyel
>>
>>11084266
You look great OP, you dress casually but at the same time you look great due to your height and build, you can rock anything business casual unless you want to be a degenerate tranny who takes board culture seriously like >>11084297

Simple is best, dont listen to MOST of the faggots here anon can we see your haircut?
>>
Read the sticky man ffs. /fit/ woulda reamed you for that, and for good reason. One of the best things in the sticky is not to just eat up everyone's else's advice but to develop and nurture a style of your own. Just because some fashion equivalents of neckbeards tell you that something is shit or good doesn't mean it's what you want to look like or what you want to represent you.

Some advice is obviously general - get clothes that fit you (or if they don't make sure you do it with purpose and make it work). Start paying attention to stuff people wear, notice what you like and how they make it work, emulate it a bit and start making your own choices. Happy fagging
>>
>>11084581

shiggity
>>
File: FullSizeRender 34.jpg (29KB, 541x289px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 34.jpg
29KB, 541x289px
>>11085137
Lifting for eight months. /fit/ is too much of a dick measuring contest. Although I love the self improvement aspect, it becomes a bit narcissistic after a while. Hands down the funniest board though.
>>11085000
I'll be getting them hemmed, and yeah the color doesn't go well with the pants.
>>11084862
I'm not one to put someone down, if he feels good, then more power to him. I'm not in a position to talk shit.
>>11084898
Thanks, I'll look into that.
>>11085030
Definitely, it's gonna take time to grasp everything but I'm enjoying the process so far.
>>11085062
lol this was my though process >>11085084 I'm learning senpai.
>>11085244
Thanks, man! I dig the basics, simple colors and simple designs with a decent fit. Pic related is my hair. Not sure what to do with it.
>>11085253
My bad, I wanted to see the reception I'd get. Reading the sticky, seems pretty well laid out.
>>
>>11084266
Ignoring the tards. It looks ok, but boring. Especially the top part, I'm not saying you need to go full faggot like half of the tards on here but maybe something other than a babyblue crew neck
>>
>>11084297
This is the most successful bait i have ever seen on this board.
>>
>>11084514
Step out of your 3rd world African shithole where everyone has been using the same hand-me-downs for the last 20 years.
>chinos
Sorry to show you how shit half your wardrobe is.
>>
>>11084266
either read the sticky and learn which advice to ignore here, or go to another forum. coming here expecting legitimate advice without having basic knowledge will only end in you looking like shit
>>
File: 1410923715095.jpg (25KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
1410923715095.jpg
25KB, 400x283px
>this entire thread

this is going beyond metaphysical
>>
>>11084266
This isn't an outfit, there's nothing to it, it's as basic as you can go. It looks normal and that's it. Or at least, it would look normal if the pants weren't too long. That's basically it though, looks fine on you (if the pants fit properly) but you're definitely not impressing anyone
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.