[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have Doc Martens 1460 Monos? Mine just came in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: 14353001.JPG.jpg (2MB, 2819x3000px) Image search: [Google]
14353001.JPG.jpg
2MB, 2819x3000px
Does anyone have Doc Martens 1460 Monos?

Mine just came in the mail and I like them, but I don't like the smooth leather texture. How does it age? Do they lose their shine with time? Do they always look plastic-y?
>>
.pmuB
>>
i suggest googling your model and "worn" or check tumblr because they have tons of doc inspo.
>>
>>11058657
I have those and i must say that i don't wear them too much because i am just like you : i don't like the smooth leather texture.
I do my best to destroy them a bit but it seems like they are indestructible.
>>
Sandpaper works wonders. Fine grit, rub it in. Keep it cared-for, as it loses durability from this.
>>
>>11058989
Har har
>>
Just wear them,they break in really quickly and they'll just keep looking better from there.
>>
>>11058657
i have them, has taken a bit over a month but they're looking good now. i also hate the plastic rubbery look but lots of walking has made them look more worn. mine are a bit dirty too which adds to them i think. i can take a picture later if i go out in them
>>
File: trash.jpg (105KB, 398x503px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
105KB, 398x503px
>>11058657
>>
>>11061642
Yes, picture please.
>>
File: IMG_5491.jpg (645KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5491.jpg
645KB, 1632x1224px
Mine.
I bought them in july i think and wore them a bit since september.
>>
>>11058657
i have the mono 1461s they look like church shoes but i still like them a lot.

it's going to take a while to get them beat.

my og 1460 i got in 2013 look/feel perfect now after 3 winters
>>
>>11058657
yeah the monos are too shiny, they look like business shoes.

I bought a pair of 1461's in mono and I never wear them but I really want a normal pair of 1461s because I would actually wear those and they look better. I have a pair of 1460's and i like them so much better than my mono 1461s.
>>
>>11058657
That's what you get for buying plastic China boots.
Solovair is where it's at!
>>
I took them out to a local hiking trail.

I fucking abused the fuck outta them, and my fucking feet in the process.

Rocks/Dirt/Sand/WATER/Branches, etc. etc.

my feet hurt for like a year and i think the boots are starting to fall apart because of it. but i like it.
>>
>>11061861
Yeah I think I'm going to get greasy 1460s.

I just compared the monos and the greasy pairs and it looks like the toe box of the monos is taller. The monos look kinda clubby now that I think about it.
>>
rub some accetone
it takes away the plasticy look
>>
I bought the white one's and they got beat up really fucking fast

Wear them to a gig/festival or sonething
>>
>>11061869
I bought these for me and docs for the girl at the same time because she likes the concept of the brand(idk marketting works scary well on her)

Docs rally dont seem to be as bad as fashion forums make them out to be

I can post pics comparing how hey aged
>>
>>11062544
do it mate, post some pics
>>
>>11058657
mine have lost the wax covering pretty quickly, but I walk around 10 miles on average every day. If you're only really wearing them around town then they'll take a while.
>>
I've owned these for a couple of years now (cba taking a picture) Oxblood, lizard skin, got some irregulars for £30 at a factory shop.
>>
Jesus what is with everyone sucking the 1460s cock. Any DM aficionado worth his salt knows the Pier is the superior model.
>>
File: 15332001-0.jpg (274KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
15332001-0.jpg
274KB, 638x425px
>>11063961
>Pier
No.

Hadley are superior.
>>
File: IMG_8097-2-copys.jpg (2MB, 2362x1575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8097-2-copys.jpg
2MB, 2362x1575px
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2383x2374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2383x2374px
should have bought solovair, they use full grain leather on some of their products.
>>
>>11062426
what's the difference between greasy 1460s and normal 1460s?
>>
>>11063961
>Reply
It's because they don't have that ugly-ass yellow stitching.
>>
correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't doc marten's fake leather?
>>
>>11065488
this came pretty proudly attached to my docs, but I think it depends on which model you buy. My sister has a disgusting pair of chukka style docs that are definitely not leather
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.