[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A uniqlo opened up near me pretty recently and I'm finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 4

A uniqlo opened up near me pretty recently and I'm finally gonna go check it out today, first one in our state.

What in particular should I check out? I'm really hurting for jeans right now, but I could use many basic additions to my wardrobe.
>>
they're great for basics. pretty much everything there is good except for the knitwear which starts to pile up really fast. they're jeans are especially good + you can get them hemmed in store. pretty much all my basics are from uniqlo, pretty good quality and dirt cheap so go crazy.
>>
Get everything nigga.
>>
>>11058540

What do you mean by their knitwear "piling up?"
>>
>>11058523
Their Oxfords are pretty decent. UNIQLO fits really big so size down; I'm an S in their shirts. Their jeans are pretty good too.
>>
v neck supima tees mah nigga
I got one in every damn color
>>
Only shirts I wear anymore are supima cotton.
>>
>>11058615
>v neck

Uhh...
>>
File: before.jpg (416KB, 1632x1232px) Image search: [Google]
before.jpg
416KB, 1632x1232px
>>11058596
Pilling is those little balls of lint that appear on sweaters. It doesn't happen to their Merino wool sweaters because they're so thin.
>>
i wish they made jackets that i like, cause everything else they sell is as good as it gets for the price afaik
>>
Just about everything, but my favorites are their jeans, flannels, supima shirts/underwear/socks and Airism undershirts/underwear.
>>
>>11058598
Size down really nigga? I have to size up for them.
>>
i've been at uniqlo for three years:

whats worth buying?

AIRISM
HEATTECH
Socks (color socks not pack socks, low cut socks are good)
Underwear
Supima shirts (if you wash your clothes right)
Jeans (avoid stretch skinny, colored skinny fit)
Chinos are great for the price and we alter in store if that store isnt boo boo they'll do it in under an hour
sale jackets
flannels
collabs (on sale only)

whats not worth buying?

knits
activewear (its not bad, just overpriced)
packaged shirts (shrink central)
EFCs

if you have money to upgrade all ur basics 2 uniqlo then do it
>>
>>11059380
I bought a small t-shirt from them recently and it fits more like a medium.
>>
>>11059416

So you advise to avoid all skinny jeans from there?

Looking for a new pair as my BLK NYC pair just wore out after only 9 months
>>
>>11059380
sizing on uniqlo items is so fucked
>>
Nearest Uniqlo is 1 hour away from me. Is it worth the drive? I'm starving for basics at the moment.
>>
>>11060000
Imo it is.
>>
>>11059416
what are packaged shirts

why are supima cotton packaged shirts absolute shit whilst the regular ones are apparently good

>(if you wash your clothes right)

How do I wash them correctly, what could I be doing wrong
>>
>>11059416
How are the new supima shirts compared to last year?

And how are the supima long ts? Im thinking about copping one.
>>
>>11058638
are you washing them?
>>
>>11060000
isnt it spring break or something
>>
>>11059416
>i've been at uniqlo for three years

Are they forcing you to stay there? Does somebody bring you food?
>>
How much bigger are M shirts?
I copped some supima shirts last year, in size small
back then i weighed around 116
now i'm almost 140, and while I'm not sure if it's because of that, or washes, my shirts are starting to feel a bit small

I didn't get fat, I just started eating more and i'm getting swole now
>>
>>11062838
Are you talking in lbs or kg
>>
>>11060000
Yes

>>11060246
>What are packaged shirts?
They are the shirts that come in a bag, similar to the ones that heatech stuff comes in.

>Why are supima cotton packaged shirts absolute shit whilst the regular ones are apparently good?
Since I have a lot of both, the regular ones are made out of thicker, nicer feeling material. The packaged ones are really thin in comparison. I'm not sure if this is still the case, as I heard that Uniqlo was planning to make all cotton shirts from supima, but the ones I have are not supima cotton.

On the other hand, these cost half the price of their supima counterparts.

>How do I was them correctly, what could I be doing wrong?
I wash mine in cold water, on the dedicates setting, like I do with most of my stuff. They haven't stretched or shrunk yet.
>>
>>11059416
I have a pair of their selvedge stretch skinny jeans and they're like my second favorite pair of pants. What do you think is wrong with them?
>>
>>11059416
I recently bought some stretch skinny tapered jeans (was planning to buy selvedge but reasons)
how fucked am I
>>
>>11059206
check their Undercover collabs, a lot of those jackets are fire
as for the sizing, yeah it's pretty fucky. I can't even squeeze into their size 30 skinnies but I can wear size 2 skinnies in Undercover, to say nothing of the shirt sizings. best bet is to try it on in-store and see how it fits you, and since you have the Uniqlo in your town you'll be able to make sure shit fits as well as having a basic idea of what cuts work in what sizes for you.
>>
>>11060000
nice quadssss
yes, Uniqlo is worthwhile. make sure you're gonna spend a couple hours there to try a lot of shit on, since it's an hour away you wouldn't want to walk away with nothing.
>>
>>11059609
avoid skinny jeans except selvedge (lasts you right around a year)
>>11060246
packaged shirts come in a package
supimas are usually on a table on the sales floor
supimas don't shrink as much as packaged
wash in cold water, hand wash cycle, hang dry or low heat dry
>>11060254
they fit the same this year but we have more colors
>>11062016
they feed me pocky
>>11063507
theyre not bad, they do not last very long though as far as jeans go
>>11063514
goofed, return and exchange for selvedge skinny or ultra stretch chinos if you want skinny fit pants
>>
>>11063618
>>11063491
Good to know I'm washing my shit correctly

I don't even have hot water hooked up to my machine
>>
>>11063390
lbs. I'm like 5'6 or 5'7 height
Apologies for the late response, i was at work
>>
How often does Uniqlo restock their Supima Basic T shirts. They're always sold out for black and white whenever I check.
>>
>>11059380
i bought a crewneck sweater once and it was way too small, had to size up.
>>
>>11063618
Wait so no uniqlo skinnys? Where can i get decent skinny jeans at the same price range?
>>
>>11064100
literally every week in stores
>>11064876
save up and buy some higher quality jeans
>>11063741
good!
>>11064747
knits sizing is all sorts of fucked up, womens items sizing is retarded
>>
>>11064876
Uniqlo are only good for the price, much better than levis garbage

In fact expensive denim is a bit of a meme, there's nothing wrong with uniqlo skinny fit tapered denim
>>
>>11064971
Why is the uniqlo store so terrible for such a big company

If they had more stock they'd sell more shit
>>
>>11064980
I meant online store
>>
>>11064976
So should i cop or nah?
>>
>>11064985
I copped both my pairs for $30 each so id say hell yeah

they alter them for you in store for free as well
>>
>>11064990
Alter?
>>
>>11064992
They shorten the jeans to fit you perfectly

Most of their stock no matter what size waist has a 34 inch inseam so they're too long for most people and you just get the shortened in store

Makes for a pretty shit system when it comes to selling them online though
>>
>>11065005
Oh shit where do u go for this?
>>
>>11065005
They never did that when i went there
>>
>>11065010
Just ask.
>>
>>11065005
Do they bleed a lot?
>>
>>11064985

My case in point, BLK denim jeans wore out after 9 months (crotch blew out) but the uniqlo ones lasted a full year.
>>
>>11065076
So whats the verdict on uniqlo skinnys
>>
nyc resident here.

i have bought a lot of shit from uniqlo in the past.
i cannot speak to the quality of their suits.

their t shirts last up for many washes, usually a slim guy fit with room for muscles, great prints. seen miles davis, bb-8, etc.

their cords are better than their jeans. i would say look into their darker jeans as their prewashed shit looks dumb. ALSO they will do alterations for you! only length however, but that's neat.

their coats and whatnot are serious fast fashion, i wouldn't buy them.

their "heattech" stuff is confusing for me. idk if they work, and i own 4, worn during the winter, couldnt tell of the difference they made outside, but inside i started sweating a lot. and they're hella thin, youll see nips if you dont have something over it.

finally!! my favorite thing about this awesome store: their promotional linen shirts and wool/cashmere blend sweaters.

goddamn. i have 3-4 shirts (one is denim, 3 are linens) and i've owned a cashmere and a wool (grey).

they fit amazing. they're quality. they're usually under 50. i highly recommend them.
>>
for some reason they used to have really great "premium cotton" shirts that fit me perfectly, nice and long in the body

then they got rid of them in place of the supima cotton ones. I don't know if they're different in the UK but they fit like shit

I spoke to a Uniqlo worker on R*ddit to ask about it and he assured me it was the same shit under a different label but it's really not
I always go for the dry packaged
>>
>>11065497
They're alright for the price
>>11065055
not for me
>>
Still no uniqlo in Dallas :(
>>
>>11059609
>>11059416
Their stretch slim tapered jeans fucking rock, I have like 6 pairs. Unfortunately they're discontinued right now, but I think they're coming out with a new version this season.
>>
are their pull over hoodies good?

my lil bros bday is coming up and imma get him some basics. he plagues bu those zip-up hoodies which imo look kinda trash. everywhere i look for pull over ones though they dont look very decent, but ive heard Uniqlo is good for basic so is it worth a punt?
>>
Do they carry much tall selections in their stores
>>
>>11065055
Bleed?

They're not raw denim
>>
uniqlo jeans are nice as hell but get them tapered
>>
I really like uniqlo's slim fit chinos, how do their slim fit jeans compare in size?
>>
Are uniqlo bombers and jackets any good?
>>
File: image.jpg (321KB, 1200x1629px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321KB, 1200x1629px
>>11066535
As a 6'4 180lb skinny man I must know the answer to this

Also is there any pic that shows what you should cop to get a good basic set going?
>>
>>11067179
>uniqlo bombers

wot
>>
i was at a uniqlo today and some poorly dressed, fat old ugly bitch complained to the girl at the counter why a man could go into their unisex fitting rooms

pissed me the fuck off and when walking out I told the girl at the counter not to pay attention to people living in the stone age and looked at the fat old cunt like human filth. she was going to say something but I turned around and left her hanging just to be an asshole.

i can't believe people are making this a fucking issue in 2016

they had some of their dry pique polos on sale for 10 bucks today though. copped me two aww yiss.
>>
>>11067248
Because it's cool to hate men

Unisex just means trans/women/lesbian etc degenerate dressing rooms

Men aren't allowed to try shitbon in most stores now

Also they have bullshit studies now " studies find that female brains are more complex than men's brains"

Paid for by pro feminist groups

Give it 5 years and there will be laws about what positions men can and can't hold in office
>>
>>11058523
I was wondering how their leather belts are compared to other stores. Could anyone help me out?
>>
>>11067216
6'6 215 here
I've been doing the fa thing for about two months now just building basics. I really wanted a nice info graphic at first but just keep lurking you'll start to get a good idea of what you need vs what you own that will go with the look you're going for. I'm in college in a frat so I kinda have the prep angle to shoot for, some/alot of my basics could be considered dad core but idgaf I get compliments from the normies and longer looks from the grills.
Jcrew I like their 7' Stanton, beach club, and chambray shorts. Little expensive but you won't even consider sending them back. Just got 4 of their broken in t's in a large tall. 25% off I got them 22 ea, great fit, nice soft material. Some nice fitting jeans are essential levi's self explanatory. Gap/banana republic have chinos in tall I own grey and tan. Also have slim fitting button ups in tall that are all pretty nice quality. Get some white sneakers. I wear sperrys often for the prep look. I'm a fan of quarter zip sweaters they look pretty nice on tall guys.
>>
>>11067216
6'5 215 here
Check out jcrew basics online they are some fire. Their broken in tee's are on sale right now you can cop them in tall for like 22 ea. Jcrew stanton, beach club, and chambray 7' shorts look nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 1360x1020px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 1360x1020px
>>11067336
>>11067352
Thanks bros
>>
How are the cotton /cotton cashmere cable knit jumpers?
>>
>>11063618
>they fit the same
>reviews all say they're shittier than last year
who do i believe
>>
>>11068746
Don't buy cheap cashmere.
>>
>>11059416
>avoid stretch skinny
Why?
>>
>>11070032
Is uniqlo better than j crew?
>>
>>11067175
Anyone?
>>
>>11070531
Same fit IMO.
>>
>>11070345
Not even remotely close. Uniqlo is simply horrible.
>>
>>11059416
Youre a shithead. U actually think heattech (made of plastic, extremely dusty, and smells like chemicals) is worth buying. How much of a subhuman pleb are you?
>>
>>11070345
Worse quality wise but cheaper so it's cool
>>
>>11062838
pls respond, anyone?

I'm about to cop and I want to be sure if I should stick to small
i have been drying them in heat, but i'll start hang drying
Just measured chest and it's 34, how true is the sizing chart? Thanks
>>
Difference between mesh/non mesh airism crews?
>>
>>11070345
you guys are overstating J Crew's quality

Uniqlo is alot closer to J Crew than most cheap shit out there
>>
>>11067267
good

stay mad degenerate cuck
>>
>>11070345
i have shirts and ts from both and theyre in the same ballpark quality-wise, it's all mass-produced in china. jcrew is much pricier and not really worth the extra $$$ unless you like a particular piece. prefer uniqlo's styling and their stuff fits much nicer in my experience but ymmv
>>
>>11071055
The mesh ones, air goes right through them.
I only use them for working out but they'd be good if you get really hot or sweat a lot I guess.
Size up if you're wearing as more than an undershirt, they're designed to fit tight
>>
>>11071109
Well, I live somewhere where it's beyond hot every summer. As a regular t-shirt, which do you recommend between regular supima and a sized up mesh? Or even the non-mesh airism? I also planned on copping something as an undershirt for my longsleeves but i don't know if it's redundant to buy the mesh, AND the non-mesh, or if they're even ideal for that.
Hope I'm making sense, I'm really tired. And any help is appreciated.
>>
>>11071125
nevermind, I'm retarded.
>>
>>11070959
lmao.
>he doesnt know what a polymer is
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.