[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop myself from biting my nails? Tips on keeping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: hangnails-1.jpg (8KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
hangnails-1.jpg
8KB, 200x300px
How do I stop myself from biting my nails? Tips on keeping nails clean and trim?
>>
FUCK

I need this. seriously, my fingers are truly messed up.
>>
Go to the pharmacy and buy that liquid that tastes like shit just made for this.
I know its meant for children, but you know whats your worst enemy when stopping this? Nibbling your nails without even noticing. You dont notice and when you realise you have bitten off half a nail. Then you are fucked.
At least this liquid will tell you that you are fucking up before its too late. Then its your turn to self control
>>
Manicures every 2-3 weeks
>>
>>11041206
Cut your nails. If there's no nail to bite, you won't bite.
Workes for me, as long I remember to cut them.
>>
first off, but the stuff that you paint on your nails and make them taste like shit

after 30 days you're in the clear, that's typically the period of time after which habits die

secondly, but some nail scissors and a nice nail file, I have scissors and a metal file on my penknife that I use. Cut your nails so there is only a very thin white line, file them so they are smooth.

chew gum
be aware of your actions and stop yourself biting, it's a file habit and makes your nails look like shit
>>
>>11041617
second this. I still bite them if they are long, I had this habit for too long
>>
Cut your nails. If you keep them short the nailskin will be healthy again
>>
>>11041206
i was a serial nail biter for so long, got a nail file and when if I really want to bite I just file. Helps incredibly. or just smoke a cigarette or something for the oral fixation
>>
>>11041415
that stuff worked great for me until i had a hamburger and it made finger food taste like a sailors asshole
>>
>>11041206
biting nails and picking noses are signs of being a perfectionist.

accept the universe is imperfect and that we are all going to die.

that is the only way to stop biting your nails.
>>
Do you have any other compulsive behaviours, like pulling out hair or scratching scabs?
It may be due to some deficit in your body, or like in my case due to something else. I completely stopped biting my nails when I got my, long overdue, drivers license. Weird right? I had been biting my nails for about 20 years and suddenly just stopped.
>>
>>11041206
Jesus, just fucking stop. Just don't do it. A little self-discipline goes a long way. Whenever people tell me that they are unable to stop biting their nails, that, to me at least, signals lack of willpower.
>>
>>11041206
Stop being weak
>>
>>11042103
/thread
>>
>>11041206
Just be mindful of biting them. I got nicely shaped nails after a few months by clipping from the "front" allowing the sides to grow straight. Made the whole nailbed longer, too
>>
>>11041206
This is gonna sound fucking stupid but it works and has worked for me. I use a rubber band and I keep the band around my wrist, every time I catch myself biting them, I snap the band, this acts as like a punishment mechanism and makes you aware that you are biting your nails. Takes about 2 weeks to completely stop.
>>
I stopped after I got braces.
>>
>>11042040
this.

i couldn't fucking eat anything bro...
>>
>>11041415
... I kinda like this flavour, so I'm fucked.
>>
>>11041617
This is what caused me to break the habit.
>>
>>11041206
did u try Updog?
>>
>>11043545
hell yeah works decent mate
>>
>>11043545
/this
>>
>>11041206
Paint them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.