[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have experience with buying loafers or other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 26_02_055-1.jpg (214KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
26_02_055-1.jpg
214KB, 600x600px
Does anyone here have experience with buying loafers or other leather shoes? I'd like a pair for summer and they'd become my main shoe so quality is important.
>>
Remember to get a size down than what you normally wear. New Loafers have to fit pretty snug so they're not slipping off
>>
>>11033620
If you want a real fuckin' nice pair of moderately-priced dress shoes, Meermin:

https://meermin.es/catalogo.php?idFamilia4=4&idFamilia3=1

Note that "handmade" means "real serious leather" i.e. "will require breaking in and regular care"
>>
>>11033669
>https://meermin.es/catalogo.php?idFamilia4=4&idFamilia3=1
Thanks man, I was looking into shoe passion which is german made for around 209 euros. But they only distribute from their website and I can't find much about which shoes are nice quality besides Ferragamo. But I'm a student and i can't justify spending 600+ dollars on shoes when I could be saving that money.
>>
Are Allen Edmonds any good for the price?
>>
>>11033697
meermin is nice but shoepassion is also nice
>>
>>11033893
yes, its p good
>>
I've tried on these ones at the Gucci store and they're just so freaking comfy and beautiful I'm considering copping'em instead of SLP jodhpur highs.
>>
>>11034883
Bruh, get the jodhpurs.
>>
is paying 600 dollars for gucci loafers that much of a quality increase from 300 dollars of another company?
>>
>>11035761
Nah, it's pretty much all name t b h. Those classic horsebits are what turned Gucci from an obscure luggage manufacturer to a fashion house, so...
>>
Any one else wanna contribute their thoughts?
>>
>>11033669
>>11033697
>>11034841
>>11034883
>>11035761
>>11035863

Meermin are made in china and then soled in Spain. Shoepassion shoes are made by Berwick in Spain, too.
Gucci, are overpriced, for sure.
I would recommend you to look for smaller companies in Spain (they do almost all the work for the european brands), like: Roberto Ley, Cordwainer, Calce and Andrés Sendra.
>>
>>11035761
Show me a 600$ loafer that is REALLY better quality than a 300$ shoe.
At that price, I'd want the last to be made directly from my foot.
>>
>>11038616
>At that price, I'd want the last to be made directly from my foot
lol
>>
>>11033669
The problem with Meermin, and I'm speaking from personal experience (and also know several people who've said the same thing), is that they're extremely rigid especially at the heel. I just couldn't wear my pair without bleeding heavily after 15 minutes and so I had to give up on them.

With that said, I would try to stretch my budget up slightly from Meermin and go for brands like Loake, Herringshoes, Carlos Santos, Yanko, Carmina etc.

I would also choose a brown suede loafer, either string or penny, for use during summer.
>>
>>11038641
But the post you replied to already said that. "Will require breaking in"
>>
>>11033620
>Does anyone here have experience with buying loafers or other leather shoes?

Jesus christ what's happening with this board
>>
>>11040304
I know right, not another shitty sneaker thread.
>>
>>11038616
gucci is a luxury brand
it was not intended to be sold to poor people
similarly to how you most likely drive a 2000 honda or toyota rather than a 2015 s class or something of the sort
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.