[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>girl at work calls herself a fashion designer >doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (22KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 306x306px
>girl at work calls herself a fashion designer
>doesn't design shit
>thinks $500+ is too much for a pair of shoes
>>
>>11003911
Well maybe she will crate a new thing, she will be the quality designer but doesn't get more pricey than needed

What you see is what you get kind of thing.

Stop putting everyone down,
>>
>>11003911
You're so cool desu. Please be my friend senpai
>>
>>11003911
That could very well be too much for a pair of shoes.

But then again, you'll never make it if this frogposter doesn't believe in you.
>>
>>11003911
That's because $500 is too much for a pair of shoes. Like what the hell would they be made of? Panda fur?

You can find great shoes under $500 and price doesn't even usually mean the thing is good anyway.
>>
anybody can be an fashion design today. just just buy an sweatshirt from an walmart and cut hole in it. thats what i do
>>
>>11003911
>you think $500 isn't too much money for a pair of fucking shoes
>>
>>11003955
>>11005843
>>11005858

Most shoes that are meant to be worn in a professional environment cost > $500. Nowadays even brands like Carmina which belong at the bottom tier of "high quality" shoes cost that much, not to mention soes from like G&G, Saint Crispin, Enzo Bonafé etc. that cost twice as much.

If you buy shoes that you plan on wearing a lot and for many years as opposed to shoes that'll you'll just use until the next fad arrives, $500 isn't really that much.
>>
>>11005901
You're fucking delusional
>>
>>11005901

>Most shoes that are meant to be worn in a professional environment cost

You fucking delusionist. They're are people that run billion dollar companies that dress like complete shit and have no fucking clue what you (a literal 4chan poster) are talking about.
>>
>>11005911
Nah, most of them don't dress like complete shit. They just don't dress in those crappy brands that poster mentioned.

They buy stuff like John Lobb, Edward Green, Allen Edmond or Brunello Cucinelli. It's not over the top expensive but it's pricey.
>>
>>11005908
>>11005911
Delusional? Whatever. At least I'm not poor lol

>>11005936
How are they crappy when they're the same quality that JL, EG etc. are?

>I'm going to name a few brands that are more popular where I live because that makes them better quality

lmao
>>
>>11005936
If you don't think $500 dollars is a lot for a pair of shoes, then you need a reality check.
>>
>>11005950
How is that much if you plan on wearing them for, say, 10 years which they'll easily last if you take care of them properly, especially the brands mentioned by >>11005901 and >>11005936 do?

That's $50/year. Is that really so expensive?

Again, I can understand - and even agree - that < $500/shoes is expensive if you only wear them for a year before chucking them out.
>>
>>11005956
> >$500*
>>
>>11005956
I'm not saying you should buy cheap Primark sneakers, I'm saying $500 dollars is too much to pay. You can get shoes to a 150-200 that will last years too.

$500 is A LOT of money m8.
>>
>>11005956
Look pal, people who buy stuff like John Lobb, Loro Piana, Burberry, Brioni etc. are people with too much money and too little sense. Basically 1%.ers who should be killed.

I never had any problems with anything ordered from Asos or bought from an physical Zara store, and you can easily build a full outfit including shoes for around $100 to $150 from these places.

Anything else is snobbery and plain retardedness.
Same goes for other unnecessary excess like cars, basically if you think you 'need' a new Mercedes, Audi or even a sports car, you're basically a waste of space.

I could make a house down payment for that sort of money and these assholes basically squander it away and probably didn't even earn it.
>>
File: 425.jpg (131KB, 729x687px) Image search: [Google]
425.jpg
131KB, 729x687px
>>11005967
>i cant have what rich people have so they should be killed and they suck

is this elementary school?
>>
>>11005963
>You can get shoes to a 150-200 that will last years too.

Sure, you can get a pair from like Loake or Herringshoes for that price, especially during sales. But what if you really like the last on a pair of slightly more expensive shoes and you really think they're worth the money? Would be silly to pass on the buy just because some people think it's 'too much to pay', you know what I mean?

>>11005967
>I never had any problems with anything ordered from Asos or bought from an physical Zara store

Good for you.

>Anything else is snobbery and plain retardedness.

I disagree.

>>11005967
>Same goes for other unnecessary excess like cars

Who are you to deem what is unnecessary? Some people are really into cars and for them it's not unnecessary, because they like spending money on that stuff. The same applies to literally everything. The fact that I need to point this out on a FASHION board is quite weird, to be honest.

>>11005967
>I could make a house down payment for that sort of money and these assholes basically squander it away and probably didn't even earn it.

Right. That's what it all boils down to. Jealousy.

Look, I'm not rich, being a student and all. But if you are interested in shoes, as an example, then $500 will probably not seem like such a huge expense considering that you are going to really enjoy them and find value in them that other people who aren't interested in shoes don't.

Jesus.
>>
>>11005984
>Would be silly to pass on the buy just because some people think it's 'too much to pay', you know what I mean?
That's not the argument.

We're talking about whether $500 is a lot to pay for shoes. And it is, saying otherwise is delusional.
>>
File: 1426087082729.jpg (84KB, 427x474px) Image search: [Google]
1426087082729.jpg
84KB, 427x474px
>>11005967
>people shouldn't be allowed to buy things I can't have
Feelin' that bern rn
>>
>>11005987
It is to you.

It isn't for people with enough money to spare and who are interested in that kind of shit.
>>
File: I'm okay with that.png (508KB, 513x501px) Image search: [Google]
I'm okay with that.png
508KB, 513x501px
>mfw I own my pairs of IWEARMYKSWISS sneakers since 2012
>mfw even the one pair I waded through shin high mud water with still looks alright
>>
>>11005994
I don't care what you spend money on, but if you think $500 isn't a lot for a pair of shoes, then you're out of touch with reality.

Many people who want to buy high end clothes can't afford to use a fourth of their income on shoes.
>>
File: 1429276374464.jpg (33KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429276374464.jpg
33KB, 392x500px
>>11005987
>We're talking about whether $500 is a lot to pay for shoes. And it is, saying otherwise is delusional.
designers who spend their lives trying to come up with something original and aesthetically pleasing like to be compensated for their creative energy
on another note, if everyone had the same pair of shoes, they wouldn't feel as valuable to anyone anymore so making them expensive is an easy and succinct way to make them less common.
I like having shit that you don't see every day. It makes it more special.
>>
This board has been overrun with poorfriends, jesus
>>
>>11005997
A couple years ago I thought 300€ was an extreme amount. Now I don't. I don't see the problem here, nor how that somehow makes me out of touch with reality.

Poverty just isn't a reality for everyone, I'm sorry say.
>>
>>11005997
Ever heard of saving up for things you like?

Jesus, it's not a god-given right to be able to afford everything you want instantly.

Gen X with your 'I MUST HAVE EVERYTHING NOW AND FOR FREE'-attitude is extremely pathetic.
>>
I don't understand spending $500 for shoes either, considering I can wear fucking Vans for 5 years.
I usually just buy replicas of designer shoes from China, looks amazing and doesn't cost much at all.
>>
>>11006015
I already have to slave away at a shitty wage due to how messed up society is. I'm not going to save up to buy a pair of fucking shoes.

I'll get the cheapest pair available at the local store and get on with my life.

It's like a bunch of 1% drones have infested the board, but just so you know most of the world hates you idiots. You don't represent everyone, you're just bloodsuckers.
>>
>>11006007
i can buy 3 months worth of food for 300€ you out of touch pricks, do you people even know what real life is without your inheritances and unearned privileges?

do you even interact with regular people outside your circles who actually have to work to stay alive?
>>
>>11006007
>one month worth of rent
>not much
delusion reached a new high today
>>
>>11006053

...why are you on a fashion board?
>>
>>11006048
The only ones who seem to have infested this board are people who don't have any interest in fashion at all. Yes, fashion is a luxury thing, but going onto a fucking fashion board and starting to complain about muh poverty is so utterly idiotic I cant even understand what you're thinking. Everyone who has a hobby invests money into it. If you are too poor to afford hobbies, then what are you even doing here?
>>
File: Fortune favors the....jpg (141KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
Fortune favors the....jpg
141KB, 500x313px
>>11006048
>I already have to slave away at a shitty wage due to how messed up society i

No, you have to slave away at a shitty job because you were too stupid to invest your time in a degree that would net you a better job. Unless you live in some third-world shithole where you're not allowed to do such things, you have no one but yourself to blame.

And again, I'm not rich. Far from it. I come from a working class background and I'm still a student. Go cry in a corner and die.

>>11006053
I can barely buy one month worth of food for 300€.

>>11006063
Where the fuck do you live where rents are that low? I'm jelly. Even a 2 bedroom flat in the ghetto over here costs more than twice that a month these days.
>>
>>11003919
> What you see is what you get kind of thing
> new thing

This is litterally the trendiest shit atm for actual people who like clothes but don't spend their life on /fa/. There are countless brands that only sell on the internet to be able to cut down their margins and to offer high quality clothes for less than half the price they'd cost in stores anywhere else. Nothing new or interesting here.
>>
>>11006075
>but going onto a fucking fashion board and starting to complain about muh poverty is so utterly idiotic I cant even understand what you're thinking

Easy. It's poor 'n dumb people who think that if they start dressing slighly better than their Wallmart-tier friends they might actually get laid for once.
>>
Who let the poorfags loose in this thread?
>>
>>11006091
What kind of privileged fuckwad country do you live in where food costs 300€ a month? Scandinavia?
Go back to Krautchan or wherever privileged fucks like you spend time.

Anyway, this discussion was annoying from the start, because only a very specific portion of the human population ever considers buying 500€ shoes or clothes in general.

We are talking about such a small demographic it might as well not exist. Us regular people have things to worry about, you know like food and rent.
>>
>>11006091
judging by the umlauts in your pic youre nordic or german, you live in a fucking safety bubble, your experience on life is meaningless and inauthentic

i hope your dumbass countries down in illiterate rapist immigrants so you get to taste the shittiness of life the rest of the planet has to live with

the next time you try to make a point, try to actually live in a real country instead of some leftist dumbass utopia
>>
File: umad.jpg (71KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
umad.jpg
71KB, 400x400px
>post about prices or expensive stuff
>so much saltiness

Every time.
>>
>>11006165
Instead of fixing our own countries and communities and making them livable like Norway or Sweden let's go bitch on a fashion board and try to get them banned. #niggerlogic

Least I'll get to move away from Houston to a real state next semester so I can get away from pathetic hippies like you whiners.
>>
>>11006153
Scandinavia isn't a country, sport.

Go back to scho- oh, wait.

>>11006165
>leftist utopia

Good one. I actually want the country I currently live in to become more like America. Socialized healthcare is an abomination and if you disagree, it's simply because you haven't actually been here and seen it first-hand.

And it's always nice when people on 4chan make assumptions about my background and life kek
>>
File: 936.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>11006153
I can only chuckle at this
>>
>>11006180
so you're a brit? enjoy your pakis and other muzzyshits
>>
>>11006169
I mean, you're free to spend your money how you want, but I think spending 5 grand on a bottle of something you're going to finish in a hour is just silly.
>>
File: 1456198424616.jpg (146KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1456198424616.jpg
146KB, 500x625px
>>11006153
>Us regular people have things to worry about, you know like food and rent.
so fuck off to the 4chan food and rent board on your iphone so you can bitch to your fellow poors about how much life sucks
this is a fashion board. not just bargain basement fashion. all fashion. I'm sorry if a moderately priced item made you feel left out and salty.
>>
>>11006191
No, I have good teeth. You (or the other anon) were right in that I'm of Nordic descent. I'm just saying Scandinavia isn't a country, because it isn't.
>>
>>11006200
I guess the reason why the saltiness doesn't spill to other hobbyist boards is because clothing is a basic necessity, so high value/high status clothing can create hostility because it is so visible but unobtainable for most people.

The car board probably gets the second most saltiness for the same reason, transportation is a necessity for many people but the really nice modes of transportation are unobtainable for the 99%.
Hell, even regular wage slaves scratch & vandalize nice cars. That's how far the saltiness extends. People are willing to damage your property if you have something they can never have.
>>
>>11006203
so youre swedish or finnish? then youre one of the most privileged human beings alive and frankly you don't have perspective on global issues and probably don't even know what neediness, hunger, poverty are in reality

im not hating on your country/countries, but you do live in a utopia, people are risking their lives and selling all their earthly possessions just for the chance to migrate to your countries, legally or not

it just sounds wrong if a nordic comments on a thread like this, in the current world economy thats like a slave owner giving advice to cotton pickers, i mean you people are covered from cradle to grave, the rest of us peasants have to fend for ourselves

but it's a fashion board indeed so w/e
>>
im poor and the poor idiots in this thread need to get the fuck out. ill drop $500 on drugs without a second thought and that doesnt stick around for longer than a a few weeks, if have a job you can afford to buy what you want.
>>
>>11003911

It is. Unless the shoes are one offs which are handmade with the most luxurious of materials by a master cobbler, then yeah maybe thats not much, those kind of shoes may cost even more.
But most shoes that cost that amount are mass produced in a factory and are not customed designed for your foot size or even using very expensive materials, and frequently they cant be worn as they are susceptiable to things like water damage. You are only paying for the lable.
I have a pair of £4 trainers from asda that have heavy use for 8 years and are only now just starting to show any signs of damage. In fact most of my shoes are very cheap and they withstand all sorts of punishment.
>>
>>11006180
Get out burgaboo
>>
>>11006226
NO
people should only be able to buy things
salty salty bait man ( >>11006225 ) approves of
>>
File: Scandinavian architecture.jpg (3MB, 2000x1248px) Image search: [Google]
Scandinavian architecture.jpg
3MB, 2000x1248px
>>11006225
My hometown in my country got burned to the ground during WW2, which left many of us extremely poor. My parents were poor farmers who were forced to emigrate to our neighbouring country because there weren't any jobs and they basically had to start from scratch over here.

It's quite offensive and stupid how you seem to think that just because someone lives in Scandinavia they've automatically had a good, easy life without ever having to work for anything.

Stop your whining already.
>>
File: 1425621204433.jpg (8KB, 246x250px) Image search: [Google]
1425621204433.jpg
8KB, 246x250px
>>11006237
quit indulging this asshole by stooping to his level and playing his retarded sjw "who's a bigger victim" game
>white people can be victims too! I'm offended!
Just ignore him or laugh at his saltiness
Unless this is a samefag and I just took the bait, in which case, 6/10. Well played.
>>
>>11006237

Don't worry about him, anon. He's just upset that his life didn't workout for him in the way that he imagined, and wants to blame the world for his failures.
>>
>>11006237
>just because someone lives in Scandinavia they've automatically had a good, easy life without ever having to work for anything

Not the poster you're replying to but isn't that kind of true in modern times? I mean, you can't get more privilege-core than being a nordic kid.
>>
Cheap shoes are made by asian modern slaves. Fuck you.
>>
>>11006247
You're right, it's quite silly but it's Sunday and I'm pretty bored.

>>11006250
I kno.

>>11006252
I resent that word and I find it highly offensive, squire.
>>
>>11006277
Sjw's are all about words but when it comes to actions, they don't want to support high quality italian and british crafts

Guess what they do? They buy the same child labor chinese shit everyone else does, citing "financial issues"

Fuck sjw's and their hypocrisy
>>
File: 1445885076491.gif (527KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1445885076491.gif
527KB, 500x352px
>>11006277
I don't enjoy a garment unless it was produced through suffering
fur is the best
your frantic, misplaced virtue signaling is giving me a hearty chuckle. please continue
>>
ITT bourgeois scum who will not survive the revolution
>>
ITT 1st world poorfags with victim envy pretending to wonder where their next meal is coming from while they post salty diatribes on their iphone 5c
>>
>>11006326
being privileged doesn't mean you cannot understand that social inequality is bad, mate
spending so much money you did not rightfully earn on luxus items while other people starve should legitimately get you shot
>>
>>11006345
>being privileged doesn't mean you cannot understand that social inequality is bad, mate
If it wasn't money people would bitch about race. If it wasn't race, people would bitch about looks, if it wasn't looks, people would bitch about intelligence
Stop whining about the way you see the world and try to improve your lot in life prole angst is so déclassé
it had a high point in the 30s with some interesting lines and fabrics but these days it's mostly boring posturing by middle class white kids and upper middle class blacks with questionable fashion sense
>>
File: 1426737402484.jpg (34KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1426737402484.jpg
34KB, 210x230px
>>11006326
>iphone 5c
>>
>>11006345
>spending so much money you did not rightfully earn

Who are you to deem what is rightfully earned money? What about all the people who, by their own sweat and brow have worked hard to become quite successfull? Should they also be shot because they can afford to spend money on nice things just because there are losers out there willing to blame every misfortune on other people instead of taking matters into their own hands like any sensible person?

You should probably go back to /r9k/ where you belong.
>>
>>11006466
Buying an expensive car, expensive clothes, having expensive hobbies etc. takes a certain amount of capital. Not everyone can achieve these things.

Things that are not common or achievable for most people create animosity, jealousness and vandalism. It's not like r9k posters invented butthurtness, it's an element of the human condition.
>>
>>11006500
>>11006466
do you really need to look at the statistics first? most wealth is not earned. when it is earned, it is in most cases not rightfully earned because the people who did so had luck and better opportunities
jesus christ you are so fucking delusional that you think you are entitled to +500 euro shoes while people some hundred kilometres away are literally starving. you really think you are better than them? you deserve to live a fucking bourgeois life because you were born into the right family in the right country while they were not?
>>
File: piketty_capital.jpg (321KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
piketty_capital.jpg
321KB, 750x500px
>>11006500
Still, I don't get that mentality.

I can't buy nearly everything I want either and I have to save up for the items that I really do want, like a pair of nice dress shoes, a suit or a jacket. Doesn't mean I hate people who can just because of that.

>>11006519
Piketty please go. Your statistics are very old and if you'd actually do some research you'd find that old-money is a thing of the past. Most of the richest people on this planet nowadays are self-made billionaires, these are the hedge-fund managers etc.
>>
>>11006543
>being a trust fund baby becoming an overpaid hedge fund manager contributing nothing to society but instead furthering global suffering is good
>>
File: Shrekmeister.jpg (365KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Shrekmeister.jpg
365KB, 2048x1536px
>>11006575
Let me guess, you loathe the Shrek?
>>
File: 1445278857413.jpg (21KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445278857413.jpg
21KB, 480x270px
>>11006345
>>11006277
why should only expensive items be worth a death sentence?
so provincial
we should def ban products that only rich people can afford but what about clothes that only thin people can fit into?
how is that shit fair?
also, only very few people get to fuck attractive women. they should be forced to either fuck everyone or no one.
attractiveness inequality is on the rise. attractive people only fuck other attractive people which compounds the problem
Beta/Poorfag uprising when?
>>/r9k/
Envy is easily the least effay thing you ever see on this board
>>
File: Typical feminist.gif (142KB, 395x408px) Image search: [Google]
Typical feminist.gif
142KB, 395x408px
>>11003911
Since when do girls think shoes of any price are expensive?

Even then, they still buy like 50 pairs, half of which will never be used.
>>
$500 for designer sneakers is mind-numbingly stupid

$500 for a pair of Crockett & Jones or Grensons, on the other hand, probably won't fall apart after years of service; I've had a pair of Grenson boots for five years, and the uppers still look as if they haven't seen more than a month of wear at most
>>
lel at poorfags pretending they know better.

keep telling yourself the price to quality ratio is too low.
>>
>>11007255
>keep telling yourself the price to quality ratio is too low.
it may or may not be. that's only half the point.
Part of paying a lot of money for an item is not wearing the same damn thing as everyone else.
Baked into the price of a nice garment is the design, materials and manufacture but also the relative uniqueness of something not everyone can afford or is willing to spend $$$ on
>>
>>11007193
They buy really shitty shoes for like 250~
I've never seen a girl wear designer shoes, they all wear windsorsmith and other shit like that
>>
File: Reverso.jpg (129KB, 766x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Reverso.jpg
129KB, 766x1024px
>>11007287
I remember seeing one of my ex's shoe collection once, it was insane. If I remember correctly I counted the number of shoes to 114 pairs or something like that. Most of them were quite expensive too, but then again she had a bit of money and could afford stuff like that without it affecting her daily life in the least.
>>
>>11006345

Go ahead and shoot them then.
>>
>>11008596
LOL he can't afford a gun, he'll have to shank them instead.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.