[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /fa/, just found out im going to some sorority's "date

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1408734594160.jpg (433KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1408734594160.jpg
433KB, 2000x1500px
sup /fa/, just found out im going to some sorority's "date night".
any tips on what to wear?
was thinking just a button down and khakis
>not a frat bro
>>
that is exactly what you would wear if you wanted to look like a frat bro.
>>
>>10983003
well what else do you wear?
>>
>>10982991
Oh god I'm so sorry. I've done one of those and they turn into a genuine shitshow.

A button-down and khakis should work, but ask your date - the girls probably have some sort of idea of what they want their guys to wear and would jump at the opportunity to get some control over that.

But yeah, here's how it went for me:
- Show up with date (I went as a friend - she would otherwise have gone without)
- Men in khakis and ill-fitting blazers, women alternately in nice-ish dresses and fucking t-shirt fabric dresses. Either way, women showing way too much cleavage.
- Perfunctory attempt at "class" for about 20 minutes
- Fat girl gets drunk on wine
- Bad grinding everywhere on dance floor
- I try to keep date company, but she's obviously awkward knowing I'm her "stand-in"
- Sit around drinking bad champagne watching animal-like shit on floor
>>
>>10983017
this. why would you want to associate with people who are paying a national origination to force people to be your friend.
>>
>>10983017
yeah I've never met the chick. A friend of mine begged me to go with her so i just plan on also drinking shitty champagne and watching the shit show. but thanks for the insight
>>
>>10983017
that literally sounds exactly like any frat party.
>>
>>10982991
Most girls will say wear a suit because they get wet seeing any guy in an ill-fitting suit, but honestly no one cares what you wear and you'll just feel so out-of-place if the event is taking place in a restaurant or lounge or so because everyone else at the venue will be dressed like a normal person and you'll be dressed as if you're a bunch of unchaperoned teens at prom. I'd say dress one notch better than you would for a normal event at that venue. If you have a well-fit suit maybe it'll work. If the last time you wore said suit was senior prom and your body has changed AT ALL, maybe pass on it.

When I was in sophomore year, I invited a friend of my boyfriend as my date (bf was out of town and couldn't come) to my sorority formal and he wore raws and a sport jacket with CDBs and a button down and it was fine. I wore a dress that cost me $20 on Asos. I didn't really care to have pictures with him and I didn't care to look hot for anyone but it was a fine night and no one took me aside to ask "IS YOUR DATE WEARING JEANS WTF". We left after dinner and got drinks somewhere else. Anyway do not buy new clothes for this, aside from maybe a button-down or shirt if you think you need a new one. Just suggest some potential outfits to your friend (not the date) using clothes you already have and ask if it would stand out. Don't ask if it's suitable. Don't ask if it would be okay. Ask if it would be a major problem.

Disclaimer: I don't live in the South. I don't know what people wear to sorority formal in the South.

Also, maybe arrange to meet the girl who will be your date for drinks or something beforehand?
>>
>>10983100
>part of a sorority
>says it will feel like a bunch of unchaperoned teens at prom

it's funny because that's exactly what greek life is like. a bunch of unchaperoned teens at prom.

nice metaphor sororstitute
>>
>>10983035
Haha you're in the exact same boat I was in.

Show up overdressed, by which I mean suit and tie - but like >>10983100
says, only if it actually fits you well. You'll stunt on the fratboys with little effort, get brownie points from your date, and can feel like the token adult when the guy in the pleated khakis vomits into the plant.

>>10983100
I went to undergrad in the South. Standards are indeed higher but the quality of the people tends to be a hair lower.
>>
>>10983116
I lived in my own in freshman year instead of living in a dorm and joining a sorority gave me the cliché of a home away from home and a group of friends with whom I felt instantly close. I'm still incredibly close with many of them, years after having graduated.

Greek life itself was a nightmare. The parties sucked. Living in a sorority house full of other girls after living on my own was nauseating. The awkward mating dance of a interfraternal social was awful. Explaining that I didn't want to drink baffled people. The recruitment process made me question what I valued in people and what I was worth to them. The philanthropy work felt masturbatory. There's a lot of judgment. The rituals were benign but in the end I have some friends, I learned I can't live with girls and I'm happy with that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.