[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you really need to buy expensive brands to look good be /fa/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: DRFVSc6.png (200KB, 485x557px) Image search: [Google]
DRFVSc6.png
200KB, 485x557px
Do you really need to buy expensive brands to look good be /fa/ or can you settle with lower brands like zara h&m and such and pull off a good look?
>>
>>10975970
As long as it fits right, something cheap can be pulled off. My daily pairs of chinos only cost $10 each but are identical to their $80 peers.
>>
Not to look good, but to be fashionable/trend setting
>>
I can settle with lower and less expensive brands but zara and h&m are not it.
>>
>>10975970

yes

plebstores not effay
>>
File: 1455833909820.jpg (1MB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
1455833909820.jpg
1MB, 2592x3888px
>>10975987
yet theres idiots like this who spend hundreds if not more on expensive brands and look like retards, i dont dress provokingly nor am i a trend setter but with less than 100 i can pull off a fit thats far more kawai than this shit.
People seem to think that spending a lot of money automatically makes you look good but unless you have style and fashion sense you're not gonna pull it off, and if you do have those and you can pull off good fits that wont cost that much.
>>
>>10975981
What sort of brands, im trying to build a new wardrobe but i cant spent that much cash yet.
>>
>>10976019
WHAT DA FAG IS THIS THE THING ON THE LEFT? BUDDY, USE FIRE!!!!
>>
>spending a lot of money on something black

Just thrift/consignment most of your stuff. Design your wardrobe around your tastes. Wear whatever you want or like. A bisexual guy thought I was a transgender. Black girls always approach me to try and talk to me. Most people just say wow and I like it.

Wear a few colors. No more than 3
>>
>>10976065
please post a fit

i am lookin for a laff
>>
>>10976065
I dont know about buying shit from thrift stores, ive seen a few fits here that were based around that and i gotta say they looked pretty ridiculous, though the whole few colors thing is true.
>>
>>10975970

anyone can ID on OP's post?
>>
No, you cant look even meh in zara and hm, its pure shit. But there is no need to spend 1000 on tshirt or sweat.
>>
just wear basics and focus on it fitting good and you will look great. just look at dylan rieder for example
>>
Zara and HM, no. There's a lot of good quality cheap brands out there if you're only dressing basic like Old Navy and Uniqlo.
>>
cheap clothing can look good for a while.

eventually the clothes are going to fall apart/stretch out/lose its shape due to poor materials and construction.
>>
File: 1318614058872.jpg (16KB, 407x379px) Image search: [Google]
1318614058872.jpg
16KB, 407x379px
>>10976223
>Old Navy

dear god
>>
i'm so envious of this guys legs. as a 5'9 manlet with short legs, this is my fucking kryptonite
>>
>>10976255
I dunno man. I bought some shorts and baseball caps for going /out/ some years ago and they're still here. Did their quality change recently?
>>
Personally like a mix, more high tier items paired with cheap plain essentials which look no different to their expensive counterparts.
>>
Spend money on what you wear on your feet, spend whatever it takes to get the right fit elsewhere.
>>
>>10976019
saw these people on facebook, someone i know is mutual friends with one of them. weird to think i nearly posted them here as inspo
>>
>>10975970
As >>10975976
said, not to look good. I'd go for some basic stuff from that kinda place (though Uniqlo is better than either of those tbqh) and supplement it with second-hand stuff to make it more interesting. Unless you're insanely creative you're not going to be setting trends doing this but you can certainly look good and even interesting if you get an eye for it.
>>
it's about the fit, not the cost
>>
>>10975970
Oh also OP I can do fine with some H&M stuff, the quality is bearable. But Zara is almost invariably poorly fitted and will fall apart in five minutes, avoid it
>>
>>10976336
this.
>>
>>10976375
inspo? as to what NOT to wear right?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.