[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a summer internship at a investment firm. Post /fa/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: financial-jobs.jpg (139KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
financial-jobs.jpg
139KB, 424x283px
>>
>Post /fa/ business wear

Error 404: File not found
>>
>>10973726
like suits and stuff
>>
>>10973727
Then I'll be honest with you, and I won't be an asshole for once,
go to /biz/

Better to ask a board dedicated to business practices. /fa/ is more suited for 20 something fashion, not cubicle jockey/Gen X uniforms.
>>
File: napoli.jpg (139KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
napoli.jpg
139KB, 500x625px
>>10973720
>>
>>10973720
I won't post it, because you shouldn't wear it as an intern. Wear cheap and conservative suits in blue and gray with conservative ties, barrel cuffs and plain-looking shoes. Literally get the cheapest suit you can from Brooks Brothers and some basic-ass Cole Haans.

You absolutely do not try to style on your superiors as an I-banking intern.
>>
>>10973894
This advice is actually scary!
>>
>>10973894
No, just dont. People will size you up, and if you look like someone who just graduated high-school, thats what you'll be treated as. Conservative is a very good advice, cheaping out, not so much.

Buy mid-range suits (that looks like they're not made in china), go to a tailor and get a good fit. This will take you very far.
>>
>>10973894
Brooks brothers? If op isnt an amerifat I recommend suitsupply, there is no better quality at that price point.

I also think you should dress for the job you want. He is supposed to get noticed positively and not look like he just came out of HS.
>>
>>10973876
OP, absolutely do not do this kind of outfit.

I used to work for Deutsche Bank, I've seen the attitude and culture of the Manhattan and London offices. As an intern, dress conservatively. Do not do modern or narrow cut / skinny suits. Slim is fine, but nothing more.

>>10973894
This is solid advice. However you don't have to go cheap, just don't go expensive either. If you spent more than 800 on your jacket and trousers, you're trying too hard. If you spent less than 300, you're not trying hard enough. There is a balance to being an intern.
>>
>>10974059
Im certain that you know better than the tailors at Cesare Attolini, but you do know that there is a difference in suit culture between Britain and Italy?
>>
>>10974059
This isn't good advice.

You're basically telling people to buy suits in the 'no-mans-land' area where you're paying ~twice as much as it's worth, but not quite enough to actually get a real, quality suit.

If your budget is <$1000, just go with SuitSupply and their cheapest suits. Otherwise you risk paying for just the brand, since you won't find many suits in the $400-$800 range that are worth it.
>>
>>10974418
>that are worth it in terms of quality and value-for-money.

Forgot a couple words there.
>>
these threads always devolve into shit lol
>>
>>10974016
>>10974033
>cheapest
>from Brooks Brothers
Just how cheap do you think that is exactly? It's a very safe bet, but not bargain basement. You will take the jacket off and people will see the label, so I wouldn't go with suitsupply on Wall Street.

>>10974418
>risk paying for the brand
Welcome to a world where literally everyone is there to dickwave. Fit in.
>>
>>10973720
You can just wear suits. Make sure you have them tailored so they fit well. Don't cheap out on shoes, spend at least 300, not too little or you'll look like a pleb, but don't just throw money away. Don't cheap out on suits either, buy good quality. Don't dress too ostentatiously.
>>
>>10973720
Thom browne
Salvatorre piccolo
Salvatorre ferragamo
Kolor
Loro piana
Pretty much just go to mr. Porter
>>
>>10974615
>Thom browne

Are you retarded?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.