[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried on a friend's glasses the other day and found out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: rsz_1ryan_gosling_glasses.jpg (420KB, 1072x712px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1ryan_gosling_glasses.jpg
420KB, 1072x712px
I tried on a friend's glasses the other day and found out that glasses really suit me.

Unfortunately, I don't have a vision impairment that I know of, and wearing faux glasses is decidedly un-effay. All the same, I would really like a justification for wearing glasses.

So I'm wondering, are there any vision impairments that pretty much everyone has, or can claim to have? Alternatively does anyone know the most mild impairment that requires glasses? I'd be fine with getting used to wearing ever-so-slightly-corrective glasses. Just as long as I can "prove" to people that I actually "need" them.

Any advice is appreciated!
>>
Just tell people you're myopic.

Most people don't know what that means and will just go, "ohhh," and feel bad for you. Mega /fa/
>>
i really want to punch his face
>>
>>10971996
>I don't have a vision impairment that I know of
do u not go to the optometrist???
>>
>>10972007
Why would I? I have no complaints about my vision.
>>
File: 1454239949920.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1454239949920.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>
why don't you just wear frames with clear lenses? I know someone who did that, and nobody gave a fuck about whether or not he had a vision impairment. Shit, I even asked this dude, and he straight up told me "no"

You sound so insecure about just wearing glasses. . .
>>
File: the_new_jazz_01.gif (176KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
the_new_jazz_01.gif
176KB, 200x189px
>>10972019

I thought I had perfect vision until I was 18 and went to my uncle's optometry office and he told me I had astigmatism.

>tfw you put on glasses for the first time
>>
File: meh.jpg (35KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
35KB, 554x439px
>>10971996
>I tried on a friend's glasses the other day and found out that glasses really suit me.

Pics or didn't happen.
>>
File: dadcore.jpg (109KB, 577x712px) Image search: [Google]
dadcore.jpg
109KB, 577x712px
>>10972005
>>
I know that fucking feel op. I even went to the eye doctor and got examined to see if I might have even a slight need for glasses, but nope. Perfect vision. Sucks cause I look fucking neato with glasses.
>>
>>10972325
i hate you. call me triggered
>>
>>10971996
>glasses really suit me.
please explain in a non subjective way.
at least tell us what shape face you have.
your fucking opinion is wrong boyo.
>>
>>10971996
no joke i thought that image was sam hyde before i clicked on it
>>
>>10972385
What? I think it's pretty well established that glasses can complement someone's appearance. I don't think face shape matters all that much - plenty of different face shapes are attractive, and different frames suit different faces. Regardless, if your glasses suit you, they lend an air of sophistication, intelligence, and creativity.
>>
>>10971996
False frames (without any glass in them, even!) are really popular in Korea. Just put plain lenses in so you don't look Korean. Also, if you have some of that glass that auto adjusts to the brightness around you, you can just keep them on as sunglasses.
>>
>>10972019
yeah you probably do have at least mild astigmatism and just aren't even aware of it (depending on ur age).

I had 20/20 vision right up until I was 15. Seemed like I just woke up one day and everything was a little fuzzy all the sudden. I was playing a game on my TV and thought I was too far or it was broken so I asked my mom and she goes "no, the tv is fine, it's your eyes"

I'm now 20 and my eyes are at a pretty constant level of decay (like, they aren't going to get any worse for a long time) so I'm honestly considering not wearing glasses anymore. If you pick the right pair they can look nice on your face, sure, but they really are such a fucking burden. Constant slight pressure on your nose and ears. Having to clean them. Somehow smudging them when you're away from the house & you're wearing the wrong type of shirt to clean them so you just have to deal with looking through a grease cloud for the next 4 hours
>>
>>10972899
You get used to the pressure, it's just like wearing clothes for your face. I've been wearing glasses since I was 8. Also, maybe you should start bringing a cotton handkerchief with you for wiping your glasses or sneezing into? Like, I don't know if you're in part of the world where it's not common, but lots of people carry one around in Canada/almost everyone in Asia.
>>
File: dr-strangelove-580.jpg (73KB, 580x432px) Image search: [Google]
dr-strangelove-580.jpg
73KB, 580x432px
I tried a friend's wheelchair the other day and found out that it really suit my aesthetic.

Unfortunately, I don't have broken legs or polio that I know of, and using a faux-wheelchair is decidedly un-effay. All the same, I would really like a justification for riding around in a one.

So I'm wondering, are there any leg/walking impairments that pretty much everyone has, or can claim to have? Alternatively does anyone know the most mild impairment that requires a wheelchair? I'd be fine with using techniques to damage my legs ever-so-slightly so I could start using a wheelchair. Just as long as I can "prove" to people that I actually "need" it.

Any advice is appreciated!
>>
>>10972930
allofmykeks.jpg
>>
File: 1378689668474.jpg (86KB, 595x599px) Image search: [Google]
1378689668474.jpg
86KB, 595x599px
>>10972930
10/10 post
>>
>>10971996
what glasses r those
>>
>>10972920
Yeah, you definitely get used to them, didn't mean to make it sound like they're the worst thing ever or that it's unbearable. I'm really only annoyed by it when I'm on adderall, and that's only because when I'm on that I'm annoyed by everything.
>>
>>10971996
wear glasses without correction ffs manlets problem

you should try make up too
>>
You should go get an eye exam, they'll find something wrong with you and give you a prescription so you don't have to lie
>>
>>10972930
KEK/10
>>
>>10973008
This

Optometrists are like crooked mechanics they'll have you leaving with something
>>
>>10972385
this guy sounds irrationally mad that someone likes how glasses look on them

are you mad that glasses aren't living up to the 1980's nerd stereotype anymore?
>>
>>10973008
>>10973496
I went in for an eye exam and it turned out that I had astigmatism and weak eye muscles in one eye. The optometrist told me that I could get glasses to fix the issue but instead he just gave me a popsicle stick with letters on it to train my eye with. I was expecting him to make me buy a pair of glasses which I wouldn't have minded because I've always wanted them and it would have been covered by my healthcare.
>>
>>10971996
uniqlo sells glasses with clear lens UV protection. So they look like glasses and would protect your eyes like shaded sunglasses would without the prescription.
>>
Get glasses with Plano lenses.
>>
>>10974242
The doctor still gave you a prescription right?
>>
>>10972930
congrats, you just made a fallacy into a joke and are presumably proud of it. now fuck off.
>>
Does anyone else feel like their glasses have made imprints in their skull? Like right where the arms are on my temple.
>>
>>10972930
>wheelchairs are as /fa/ related as glasses
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.