[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys find something you like enough to spend money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: pigalle.jpg (489KB, 1200x1550px) Image search: [Google]
pigalle.jpg
489KB, 1200x1550px
How do you guys find something you like enough to spend money for it?

I've got a little money together because of a job etc, and I'm finally looking to buy my first designer piece. Thing is, because I have to spend a substantial amount more than I normally do, I really have to look in and see if I want the piece (I actually think this is a good thing rather than mindless consumption).

Problem with this? I no longer seem to want anything enough. Now that I actually have to like my purchases, nothing appeals to me. Everything that is interesting costs way out of my price range, and everything that I can afford either wouldn't suit me or is really quite basic and thus I couldn't justify spending $150 on some cotton trousers, because I have never compared the quality.

Do I spend? Save? Not bother buying clothes? Anyone else ever felt like this?

P.S. pic unrelated, just a really nice parka
>>
>>10967094
In the same position, bump
>>
Wait 2 weeks. If after 2 weeks you still want it, pull the trigger.
>>
Well duh don't spend hundreds on something you don't really want you fuckhead
>>
>>10967094
I used to be on the same mindset, now $150 for cotton trousers seem reasonable compared to what mall tier brand charges
>>
>>10968357
>>10968357
this
look at it every day for those 2 weeks
>>
>>10968485
This. The more you buy stuff, the easier it becomes. It becomes too easy though, so just run now while you still have a chance. Save yourself anon.
>>
Comparison is important. Once you've tried on enough things you'll begin to see the differences between nicer and lesser items. Pants are one of the easiest places to start comparing, look at cut, durability, fabric of nice higher end Pants vs. Cheap stuff. The more you try the more you'll see
>>
>>10967094

This is normal.

>>10968357
This is a good strategy.

Don't spend money just because you can. Seriously. Fashion is pretty much the archetypal money burn.
>>
>>10967094
Yo dont have to spend much to look effay. Just be creative. And yes wait 2 weeks before u pull the trigger
>>
>>10967094
My process, do what you want with it :

when I feel like buying something, expensive or not, I try to gather as much information as I can (pictures on the website + pictures from buyers on grailed etc + reviews if possible). I also try to find it in an irl store, to touch the fabric and to see if it fits me, but not always.

Then, what I do is asking myself one simple question. Let's say it costs 300$. I will wonder "would I rather have this jacket, or would I rather be given 300$ ?". If I'd rather have the garment gifted to me than its price, it's a cop.

Another condition that I apply when buying something expensive is that I don't buy it if I have any doubt. Do you feel kind of forced ? Do you buy it just because it's cheap / to compensate for some deal you just missed ? Do you see yourself actually wearing it ? If there's any doubt, I don't cop. But I keep thinking about it, and if I regret my decision not to buy a few days later, then I know I fucked up and I cop it.

Also when I buy it after doubting like this, I try to wear it a lot during the few following days. If I feel happy with my purchase, everything's great. If my doubts persist and if I still feel uncomfortable when wearing it, I simply return it.

So, to summarize :

. Would I rather get the thing or would I rather get its price as a gift ?

. Is there anything that makes me uncomfortable with this purchase ?
>>
>>10968357
Also this is good. Which is quite similar to my approach : I think about it every once in a while until i cease to feel uncomfortable about the purchase, or until I convince myself it's a bad idea to buy it.
>>
>>10969194
This is fantastic advice, especially the bit about whether i'd rather receive money or the garment. Has made me realise I don't want half of the stuff I am thinking about buying.

>>10969100
Sometimes being stuck with basic things can limit your creativity, and learning to sew is a long process. I'm trying, but it's difficult.

>>10968357
Good idea too, waiting always helps rather than impulse.
>>
>>10969985

Well I'm glad I actually helped somebody, then.
>>
I used to buy a lot of expensive clothes back when i was broke, now Im loaded and for some reason dont have the need to buy expensive clothes
maybe I filled that void
>>
>>10969194

Then, what I do is asking myself one simple question. Let's say it costs 300$. I will wonder "would I rather have this jacket, or would I rather be given 300$ ?". If I'd rather have the garment gifted to me than its price, it's a cop.

just caused me to close out like 4 open tabs.

cheers.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.