[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that prefers glass lenses? They're cheaper,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Am I the only one that prefers glass lenses?

They're cheaper, optical clarity is higher for the same grade, and the don't flex like the poly carb lenses.

The draw backs are minimal 1.56 index vs the standard 1.49 of cr39 plastic (basic bitch lenses)

Minor weight and shatters on impact unlike poly carbonate

But it's more scratch resistant, doesn't get dirty or smudge as quickly

Motherfuckers all claim that its fedora tier and idiot sales staff act like I'm an idiot for asking for glass lenses

"We don't do that anymore it's not 1940"

Then why do you have a Zeiss optics poster showing me the brand new glass lenses avalible for $69.00 for 2016?

Rather than the mass produced off brand shit you're trying to sell me coatings on for $49.00 +$70 for the coatings package
>>
How is this fashion related
>>
>>10787024
Glasses are fashion accessories you >>10787024
Mother cuck
>>
>>10787001
I wear glasses occasionally and I've honestly never thought about this. But this is interesting to me. Think I might look into it. I'm constantly annoyed by my glasses getting smudgy super easily, and I bought the expensive coating package and it seems like it's wearing off or something. There are permanent "spots" on the lenses now. Only had em about a year, and wear them 3-4 days out of 7.
>>
>>10787001
as someone who is pretty nearsighted, if I had glass lenses, my glasses would be fucking heavy, as of now they're very compfotable polycarb

shattering on impact is a problem – my current pair survived falling off my face in a mosh pit
>>
>>10787065
The last moshpit ever was for SOAD at riot fest
I was watching rancid, thank you very much
>>
>>10787050
funfact: the additional coatings applied to hard resing (cr39) glasses were introduced to mimic the properties of the borosilicate teempered glass glass lenses.

Those coatings were simply applied to poly carbonate lenses when they were introduced since they proved to be vastly profitable

>>10787065
"i don't want an hermes bag because i'm vegan"

protip: that INDEX is a industry term for form factor

a glass lens for your frame would have minimal impact on the thickness

so unless you 100% absolutely need VERY high index glasses for some sort of industry that requires eye protection getting poly carbonate lenses is doing you a disseverce

high index lenses vary from $250-300 depending on other factors that have to deal with your prescription

chances are your poly carb lenses are just single vision standard index
>>
Do Oliver Peoples make good glass lenses?
>>
>>10788946
Oliver peoples makes frames, I'm not sure what they use when you buy off their site probably the cheapest lab that uses standard plastic lenses

Also glass lenses don't work in semi rinless frames. The kind with the invisible fishing line that holds the lower portion in...
>>
File: C360_2016-01-03-15-55-48-066.jpg (191KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C360_2016-01-03-15-55-48-066.jpg
191KB, 1536x2048px
I actually work at am optometrists office. I haven't even thought about actual glass. It would definitely be thicker and too heavy for over 50% of the patients there with high prescriptions. As for smudges I hardly notice mine even when they get really bad haha.

Also my lenses are thick to begin with. Glass would be impossible
>>
Sieg wants attention

Here u go
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.