[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just moved to northern US and need a winter jacket for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: george-costanza-gore-tex.jpg (25KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
george-costanza-gore-tex.jpg
25KB, 500x313px
Just moved to northern US and need a winter jacket for the first time in my life. However, all the jackets I try on are gigantic and cut super boxy. I normally wear slim fit/modern fit clothes. Any recommendations on a winter jacket that's not going to be baggy and fuckhuge?
>>
Get a carhartt that fits, super warm and great quality
>>
>>10740748
Carhartt looks like shit though? Nobody in NYC has those (where I moved to)
>>
>>10740744
just layer like shit. t, buttons up, sweater, zip up, overcoat..
and when it's really cold, you're gonna have to canada goose/moncler/tnf/patagonia it. there's a reason everyone up there wears one.
>>
How much are you looking to spend?
>>
>>10740858
no they dont? checkout the new "WIP" collection, its more of a fashioned focused collection
>>
>>10740890
$300 hard max, pref around $250

>>10740864
I tried TNF Gotham II in size small and it was too wide and too long. No extra small, yet they go up to XXXL for fat fuckers.
>>
>>10740900
Okay I'll check it out, but in southern US (where I'm originally from) its a 'redneck' brand and usually kinda baggy. Literally the only people that wear them are blue coat types. Not sure if it'll look right wearing Carhartt to the office
>>
>>10740911
Blue collar* fucking auto correct
>>
>>10740901
>$300 hard max, pref around $250
You could take a look at Eddie Bauer. It's not the most fashionable brand but their jackets are reasonably slim fitting and are pretty warm for the price. I don't think you're going to find anything better at that price range.
>>
File: carhartt.jpg (79KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
carhartt.jpg
79KB, 700x700px
>>10740911
oh yea well normal carhartt is pretty outdoorsy workwear, didnt realize you were wearing it to an office. pic related is part of the wip collection.
>>
north sails newbury is a nice very light jacket thats warm as fuck, but i dont know how it translates to the style in US
>>
>>10740941
http://www.jackan.com/produkt/jacka-herr-dunjackor-north-sails-jkt-newbury-i-svart

some pictures (comes in a dark blue color as well)
>>
>>10740930
Yeah just checked their WIP site, that collection is definitely less blue collar than the normal Carhartt I'm used to seeing. Unfortunately most of it is out of my price range though. Any suggestions for around $300 (I can't really buy used since I return more items than I keep, as its hard to find shit that fits my slim frame)
>>
https://flylowgear.com/shop/mens/jackets/general-s-down-hoody
>>
This is why people hate sotherners
>not knowing how insulation works
>>
File: 32592495_061_b[1].jpg (29KB, 507x761px) Image search: [Google]
32592495_061_b[1].jpg
29KB, 507x761px
>>10740744
Alpha Industries N-3B

slim-fit version if you're a skinny fuck, but the regular is already kinda slim
>>
>>10741199
Yeah I'm a skinny fuck. Hell yeah tho, first slim fit winter jacket I've seen. I dislike the fur crap inside the hood but still might have to go with this. Thanks anon. Know of any others?
>>
>>10741235
>>10741199
Actually the more I'm looking at it this looks a little highschooler-ish. Not sure if all that faux fur and shiny nylon is going to look presentable wearing into the office
>>
>>10741249
>>10741235

It was originally designed for the Air-Force and is VERY warm. The fur around the hood is removable - snaps in. The outer shell on my black one is less shiny in person compared to pics.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.