[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you change your razor blade? How do you know exactly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: $_35.jpg (16KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
16KB, 300x284px
How often do you change your razor blade? How do you know exactly when to change your blade?

I use the same one for usually around 2 months. But I can always tell the difference when I use a new one.
>>
>>10727096
Then why do you change it after 2 months?
>>
>>10727096
I shave in the shower and try to shoot for every month or every 3 weeks or so, but more realistically it's like 2 months because I'm a lazy fuck.

Rule of thumb, generally speaking, is more often is better. I've heard 2 weeks being a good timeframe before.
>>
My beard is coarse so the blade doesn't last long.
>>
like 5 shaves
>>
>>10727096
two, three weeks at the most.
they're cheap enough.
>>
>>10727096
Every 3 shaves /days or so
>>
>>10727096

I use a double edge razor, so about twice a month. In bulk, blades are like. Twenty five cents each, so I'm probably switching out too early but I'm terribly afraid if I don't change it sooner it will drag and cut my face.
>>
>>10727096

every few weeks

usually sharpen mine halfway since i'm using expensive ones and want to keep the blades sharp
>>
>>10727162
Dry them off with a towel you'll get more shaves
>>
>>10727096
Don't count time, count shaves. It's like mileage
>>
once there's visible rust
>>
>>10727096
That blue thing on top is an indicator, when it starts loosing color it's time to change..
>>
File: boker_edelweiss.jpg (34KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
boker_edelweiss.jpg
34KB, 400x299px
I don't
>>
>>10727768
No it's just a strip of soap, it doesn't know how sharp the blades are.
>>
>>10727784
M'lady
>>
get a safety razor and a 100 pack of double edge blades. you can change the razor every shave and still save money
>>
>>10727914
I just made this change, how do I avoid cutting my face up? I'm getting the closest shaves of my life but i bleed a bit too. Is it normal to bleed?
>>
>>10728147
Don't force the blade. Let the weight of the razor carry it across your face. And remember, it's okay not to get every hair on the first go. You're supposed to do multiple passes.
>>
>>10727096
I haven't gotten a new blade in about four years.
>>
double edge saftey razors are fedora tier

slice your fingers open when switching blades with wet hands, heavy metal handle, and an uncomfortable shave unless you go through a grooming ritual that borders on fedora worship

you can rinse a modern day razor with a soap strip under the sink and shave without all the bullshit that comes along with saftey razors, maintence and bullshit

also if you have a saftey razor idiots also love to worship dumbfuck badger makeup brushes marketed to men as shave kits

don't fall for the gimmick
>>
>>10728553
but sieg. but sieg.

everyone tells me that my mindset is wrong.

i see shaving as a fucking chore, but in fact it is a chance to slow down and take my time and meditate.

they say i should enjoy the ritualistic nature of it, sieg.

hey sieg, they say i should start my day by spending 30 minutes standing in front of a mirror shaving instead of getting an extra 30 minutes of sleep.

sieg, do i have ur permission to just keep using my babby-proof razor and normal ass bar of soap and not thinking about it?

(also, any of you motherfuckers know of an electric that's actually good and gives a close shave? i swear if i were a woman i'd just be the hairiest dyke imaginable. fuck shaving.)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.