[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, just figured i'd ask y'all a quick question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: dandruff.jpg (6KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
dandruff.jpg
6KB, 318x159px
Hey guys, just figured i'd ask y'all a quick question. Maybe some of you have more knowledge on the subject then me. So In early November I started getting Dandruff in my hair, and I have never had it in my entire life and I was wondering what the heck could be causing it. I thought maybe it was the weather but ive lived here in Chicago my entire life. I shampoo 2-3 times a week so I dont overdue it, I do the same thing I always do, and this makes me incredibly insecure. Now I just recently thought it could perhaps be supplements because around that time, I started taking a few supplements again. 3 actually. And those are
Vitamin D3 (As cholecalciferol from Lanolin)

5,000 UI every other day. Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 1g a day.

Zinc (Picolinate) 50g a day.

I believe the Vitamin D might have something to do with it, because if I remember correctly, I started taking it 1.5-2 weeks before I started noticing my hair getting a small amount of dandruff. And it has progressively gotten worse. Another thing about the Vitamin D is, it expired in April of 2015, I just assumed they would still be okay. I have recently started using Selsun Blue moisturizing shampoo which is medicated for Dandruff and that isnt doing anything. I went to the doctor and he confirmed it is no Fungus, but most doctors dont have time to really understand or study supplements so I wanted to come ask you guys. I hope to God someone can help me here. Thank you so so much, look forward to reading your responses
>>
>>10717743

All I know is, a few years ago I used to have dandruff, and head and shoulders worked if I used it every day.

Soon after, I started using shampoo less frequently. I don't own any now. I haven't had dandruff since then and I get compliments on my hair when I get my hair cut. I also made some lifestyle changes (diet, exercise) but I think not using shampoo was the big thing.

Also, my hair is curlier now (it was straight before) and it also feels consistent instead of changing depending on how long since i showered.
>>
>>10717743
Just buy some head & shoulders dandruff shampoo, during your shower just take a comb into the shower and comb your hair after shampooing your hair.
>>
in many climates: as temperature drops, air humidity drops.

a lower air humidity makes it easier for water in the upper levels of the skin to evaporate. this dries your skin out and creates all kind of issues. one of the symptoms of dry skin is redness, tightness, itching, and flaking.

common for people to get dandruff/dry scalp during winters in certain parts of the world.

get a mild anti-dandruff shampoo for sensitive skin, and don't shampoo too often (1-2 times a week). use a mild conditioner for sensitive skin, too. this should take care of the dry skin issue, potential over-washing of the skin, and potential fungus growth.

no need to megadose vit C btw.

cheers

- the local skincare nerd
>>
Not fashion related
>>
>>10717863
thank you much, what does conditioner do? Is it something that is very good for dry scalp? Would i be better not using anything?
>>
I had a dandruff problem that was caused by a fungus (it also made a rash around my nose). Nothing, not even the stuff the doctor perscribed work. Thankfully the internet told me about apple cider vinegar.
Take a cup (bout 8oz) put a little bit of apple cider into it about 3/16 of the cup and then water. When you finish your shower pour it over your head, massage it in, and don't rinse it out. Yes you will smell like vinegar for awhile but when it dries the smell goes away.
Important: It has to be raw, unpasteurized, apple cider vinegar with "mother"
>>
>>10718193
and it cleared you for good? how long did it take? do u still do it? How could u tell it was working?
>>
i dont have dandruff but just a dry scalp and skin in general. no products seem to work for it either. its been this way for years but luckily my hair is pretty thick so it doesn't show very much but I can literally scrap it off my scalp its disgusting. wish I knew a fix.
>>
>>10717743
Have you had an STD recently, or been having unprotected sex?
>>
>>10718021
it's primarily meant for the hair, but in this context it's used meant to be used as a fairly light moisturizer for the scalp
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.