[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My new tattoo. Line work is done. Shading is next. How bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

My new tattoo. Line work is done. Shading is next. How bad does it look?
>>
>>10709374
I like it, are you even Polynesian tho?
>>
>>10709378
Nop, from brazil.
It is just based on the polynesian design, there is a lot of symbols made up to look better LOL
>>
Some of that linework looks shoddy as fuck mate especially all those vertical triangles
>>
as a fag who has no interest in tattoos at all it looks pretty nice to me
>>
>tattoo
trashed
>>
>>10709374
that's something i really despise

if it's not part of your culture why the hell you tattooed it? to look "cool", "pretty"??

i mean, there are tons of things you could've tattooed, but you choose something that has no cultural meaning for you, plus you say there are made up symbols to make it "look better"

so basically what you did was appropriate on someone else's culture and then say the design - which is cultural- wasn't good enough

i won't even bother writing more because i know you won't even try to understand what i am saying, so good luck with this cultural appropriation aka dumbass stamp in your arm for the rest of your life

oh and answering your question - it doesn't look awful but it could've been much better. there are problems with lines and pattern
>>
>>10709401
cringe
>>
>>10710054
no one gives a shit about culture and their shitty looking tattoos, they didnt invent this type of design so they can suck a dick
>>
>>10710054
shut the fuck up
>>
>>10710054
i understand what are u saying, but people tattoo "japanese" every day, adapt it and shit, and nobody says a thing.
it is just weird that the polynesian guys (maori, samoan, etc) have this thing of "it is restricted only to us because of CULTURE".
Art > culture. all day.
>>
>>10710054
>i won't even bother writing more
yet you kept going lmao.
>>
>>10709374
Don't shade t b h. Looks better that way
>>
>>10709374
Hopefully the shading doesn't fuck it up too bad. The wrap on your shoulder already contrasts from your body's natural structure. So in a neutral pose it's cringe.
>>
>>10709374
Im very jealous. It looks wonderful so far.
>>
>>10709374
Looks pretty damn awesome OP. I haven't seen anything this good looking in a while.
>>
>>10710054
Hello tumblr
>>
>>10709374
Looks nice senpai
>>
>>10709374
this is how the chest looks.
>>
>>10710466
tits
>>
>>10710466
>>10710505
don't listen to these fucks that looks awesome
>>
File: japanese-tattoo-style-guide-11.jpg (49KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
japanese-tattoo-style-guide-11.jpg
49KB, 375x500px
>>10710319
Do you have any idea how retarded you are? People don't tattoo "japanese". You mean dumb westeners tattoo themselves japanese signs and tie some kind of meaning to it. This has nothing to do with actual cultural japanese tattoos.

pic related
>>
>>10709374
literally makes you look like trash. No artistic meaning conveyed at all. Classic pleb tattoo
>>
>>10710853
retarded comment
>>
>>10710847
That's not even traditional japanese. That was a promo for a restaurant called Miss Ko or something like that. Try harder next time.
>>
>>10709374
>tattoo

you fucked it already
>>
>>10709374
keep the linework and drop the shading cara
>>
>>10711407
rekt
>>
>>10710847
This ins't a traditional Japanese body tattoo. Notice there is no symmetry or figures and the coloring is very non traditional.

Nice try tho baited/10.
>>
>>10709374
HAY GUISE LOOK AT MUH "BODY ART" i need validation from anonymous NEETS on my permanent ego exercise. No bully pls
>>
>>10710054
everyone is shitting on you but you have a point.

the cring part is really
>It is just based on the polynesian design, there is a lot of symbols made up to look better LOL
>>
>>10709401
>getting a cultural tattoo you have no heritage with
>adding your own squiggly lines on sacred/traditional designs because you think they'll look sweet

Please(!), please, tell me pic is not you and you're not really this damn autistic.
>>
#stopwhitepeople2015andbeyond
(brazilians are white for your ignorant ass information btw)
>>
>>10709374
>>10710466
Holy shit, family. What the fuck were you thinking? "Yeah, I'll make a row of lines like this, then another of this shape, and maybe this other one". For fuck's sake son, the entire thing looks like complete shit. Apologies if this is too blunt, but seriously, someone should have stopped you.
>>
>>10711662
agreed
>>
Not a big fan of these type of tattoos but yours looks p good, OP.
>>
>>10710466
At least your tattoo has the sense to continually ask the question

>y?
>y?
>y?

Jk, what are your plans for shading and filling?
>>
>>10710054
This desu
>>
All tattoos are shit but yours especially so
>>
File: tumblr_mkmdreoElP1s5kso7o1_500.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkmdreoElP1s5kso7o1_500.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>10709401
your country has its own indigenous culture, body modifications, and folk art. and instead of drawing from it, you went polynesian?
>mfw
>>
>>10712900
Kappa
>>
>>10710466

did you go to Stereosonic
>>
>>10710466
the lines of the bottom part looks lighter O-o
>>
>>10709374
>>10710466

J U S T
>>
>>10714430
B A C K 2 T U M B LR
>>
>>10710847
>cultural Japanese tattoos
Japanese people tend to look down on tattoos, they are associated with the yakuza. You can't even enter a japanese bath house if you have tattoos.
>>
>>10709401
Are you perhaps from a capital in the south of the country?
>>
>>10714525
nop. really far from there.
>>
>>10714543
Then know that someone this way's got a tattoo that looks similar to yours, my good nordestino friend.
>>
File: tim.jpg (11KB, 230x202px) Image search: [Google]
tim.jpg
11KB, 230x202px
>>10710054
>to look "cool", "pretty"??
I too exist outside of the need for social validation. I have achieved ego death and the opinions and judgments of the plebs that surround me matter not. I would tip my hat to you sir but I think neither of us needs that kind of gesture to feel validated. :^)

On a serious note you are the biggest retard in this thread, yes even more so than OP. Cultural appropriation does not exist, you need to read less tumblr. People like you would have called the impressionists shitlords because of japonisme.
>>
>>10714553
what u mean? do u know someone with it?
>>
>>10714588
After you said you weren't from around here I noticed it's actually not that similar, so meh... don't mind it.
>>
It looks like it was done by a pen.
>>
>>10714637
it was (before the needle)
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.