[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here 25+? Can we talk about how to dress when you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: a_560x375.jpg (34KB, 560x375px) Image search: [Google]
a_560x375.jpg
34KB, 560x375px
Anyone else here 25+? Can we talk about how to dress when you're actually an adult?
>>
wait... you mean you don't want to be a 46 year old cloaked space ninja?
>>
>>10681065
i'm 23 but look 14
feels good
>>
>>10681065

man, i REALLY wish and expect that when i'm 25+ i have better shit to do than post on /fa/

this thread scares the hell out of me.
>>
>>10681086
I have a healthy social life and a decent career, but I've posted on 4chan for eight years straight.

Once you're here it's really, really hard to leave.
>>
>>10681065
>Anyone else here 25+? Can we talk about how to dress when you're actually an adult?
I fall into that category.

First off, it's not like when you hit 25 you suddenly become ~an adult~ and dress better. A lot of people my age and older still dress like they did in college. If you're making dumb fashion choices now, you're going to regret them regardless of your age.

Anyway:

I've always been more interested in traditional menswear, but my wardrobe is ESPECIALLY in that direction nowadays because of my lifestyle. I have a large array of suits because I wear them daily, and oftentimes find the need to switch them out between work and evening events. I have some specialty garments - like a tuxedo - that come out of the closet with increasing regularity nowadays. Conversely, I really don't have that much for casualwear - what I do have are just select pieces that I like and that fit me well. I wouldn't be caught dead in a graphic t-shirt, some goddamn stupid overdone sneakers, or the waifish stuff most people wear on here.

Of course, there's gonna be a demographic that calls this "dadwear" and nonsense like that because they have a knee-jerk reaction to it, but that's silly. It fits me well and I look good in it. The girls I date like it. And most importantly, it is appropriate to the situations I'm in and - in particular - the parties I now attend. It works.
>>
>>10681201
What do you do
Aren't you in grad school or something
Or was that another tripfag
anyway what do you do
>>
>>10681209
I'm a lawyer and I spend some of my lawyerbux on extra degrees. So the answer is both, basically.

I do a lot of social events in my city, which explains the general need for suits at parties.

>>10681097
>Once you're here it's really, really hard to leave.
This. Plus 4chan is cheap recreation. It's not like suddenly when you become an adult that fucking around on the Internet becomes uninteresting or something - I may not have as much time for it as I used to, but there are plenty of days I'm just fucking around on the 'net waiting for a call or something.
>>
>>10681201
as someone who isnt even a part of the 25+ demographic by far, this makes absolute sense, as long as its appropriate to your lifestyle and situations you find yourself in, fucking go nuts on the menswear.

hit the nail right on the head Bateman.
>>
>>10681219
>lawyer
>spends all day shit posting on /fa/
does not compute
dishonesty detected
>>
>>10681097
This. It's not hard to maintain a presence on 4chan. I'm a grad student, and between classes and work, I put in eight to ten hour days seven days a week and still manage to poke around here and /co/.

Anyway, dressing as an adult isn't that different than it was in high school or college. Your tastes solidify and you tend to have more disposable income, but otherwise nothing changes much. If you want to keep dressing in /fa/ memes, it'd be fine to do so. Me, I strike a balance between my superdenim days and stuff reminiscent of backpacking and surfing styles from the 70s. I work in academic support, so I can pretty much wear anything. I know that isn't true of everyone, but most people don't have to dress much for work.

However, what I find is that due to friends getting married and other more formal functions, I did have to end up gathering some dressier clothes. Nothing much, just a suit, a few separates, ties, shoes, etc.

If I were inclined to wear stuff of the gothninja persuasion, I'd probably still have some #menswear stuff kicking around just in case I needed to dress for some function.
>>
There is no way to dress when you're 25. It is entirely situational. I've known 18-year-olds who dressed exclusively in menswear and preppy shit, and 35-year-olds who would run around in gaudy overly-designed jeans and $200 athletic shoes. The difference lies with the direction their lives are taking, particularly as far as their careers go. If your lifestlye (or just occupation if that's your focus) necessitates dressing a certain way you will naturally adapt your wardrobe to meet this at a halfway point. It isn't as clear-cut as being 45 and wanting to dress like a teenager.
>>
>>10681219
>>10681097

I'm not trying to knock on you people. MAYBE that is exactly what happens but i'm a 22 year old and I literally only come to this board when I have nothing else going in my life. I don't even think about 4chan when I have interesting stuff to do, so I don't know. That's me though.
>>
>>10681231
He is really a lawyer dude, he works in D.C.
>>
>>10681219
>25
>lawyer
Wait
Are you a lawyer this year? Because if you went to college when you were 18 that means 4 years undergrad and 3 year law school.
I thought law was 4 years or was it 2?
>>
>>10681231
I can't speak for lawyering, but I worked at an Ad Agency before the economy blew up and salaried office positions are some of the most inefficient jobs I've seen. All the employees at this agency were productive, but we all spent a heap of time fucking around on the internet too.
>>
>>10681231
>all day
My posting was pretty frequent in the latter part of this year because I literally finished all of my billable hours for the year in goddamn June. Not a recommended life choice.

>>10681238
>>10681246
Solid posts that explain the situation really well
>>
>>10681247
Despite being wildly busy, I'm not doing interesting or necessary things all the time. Like now, I worked twelve hours between two tutoring gigs and now I'm sitting at home, watching internet bullshit and participating in this thread. Tomorrow, I'll continue some research I need to wrap up, but I don't need to be at a bar, or going to an art show, or whatever else right this minute.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.