[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright /fa/ i know this is probably an awful place to ask because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
alright /fa/ i know this is probably an awful place to ask because ill get shit on, but i need your replies

i intend on starting a fashion company, producing my own clothing line, however i want it to be what people want

what are some things you would love to see out of a clothing company, be it service in a certain manner, certain articles of clothing done differently, literally anything related

thanks, pic unrelated
>>
Slim fit cargo pants that arent expensive as shit
>>
>>10645602
not a personal fan of them, however, noted.

when you say slim do you mean near skinny or simply a taper? or just closer fitting to the leg?

may sound like stupid questions, but i dont know much as far as the technical side of fashion vocabulary and clothing and so on is concerned, i have a lot to learn
>>
>>10645614
Skinny senpai
>>
>>10645584
less logos, high quality
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 750x1334px
>>10645654
company name is planned to be Finesse and Feelgood, how would you feel about a logo similar to this on a few pieces, not all, but i feel as if on some articles it could be quite well placed
>>
>>10645661
well, I want no logos at all.
But I can work with small logos like ralph lauren or Gant, that is placed on the chest.

Of course you need to put on a logo, at the start or else it will be hard to brand.
Unless you're a wizard with branding
>>
>>10645676
again, i feel like subtle well placed branding would be the end game, but on some articles a chest logo would be there, but also things like the little strap part on the back of shoes, no branding aside from the little piece of fabric (thing the piece at the back of yeezys)

also thoughts on the logo?
>>
>>10645661

1. Terrible name
2. If you're seriously trying to do this, do it right. Hire a graphic designer who actually knows what they are doing.
3. Hire a creative director who actually knows what they're doing.
>>
>>10645685
1. entirely subjective, what makes that name any worse than nautica or jcrew?
2. obviously this is a rough sketch done by me, and will be refined later
3. i can teach myself this stuff for free
>>
>>10645694
>>10645584
Hey OP, I'm setting up an accessories under my own label for watches and eventually other stuff. Would you want to team up? I'm assuming we're in different locations so we could get more exposure.
>>
>>10645694

1. Because it sounds like an shitty exercise and health brand sold on Asian home shopping networks.
2. Best of luck.
3. You are fully retarded. You can definitely teach yourself to be a graphic designer, photographer, seamstress, etc, but no you can't teach yourself to be a good creative director who can run a brand.

Don't waste your time and your parents monies. Go work at a successful brand for 10+ years THEN try this again.
>>
Guys OP doesn't want to develop his own clothing line he wants to either buy bulk premise clothes and stamp his shitty logo on it or he wants to buy bulk fabric and produce the same cookie cutter T shirts, sweatshirts, and hats as a million other "budding clothing developers" have done
>>
>>10645739
>implying
>>10645744
>imfuckingplying
>>10645726
i would love to discuss this further, whats your email?
>>
>>10645791
Ok, I'll give you a throwaway i made years ago.

[email protected]

Because this is 4chan timestamp your email with a shot of your hand drawn logo from a different angle. I've got a couple of appointments for the next few hours so I'll get back to you later.
>>
>>10645584

>>10645602
actually this is a good recomendation, im not into those that much, but i would definitely consider buying some if they arent expensive as shit
>>
>>10645661
this name is embarassingly bad. you might have better luck on /r/streetwear where the general populous will think its totally TRILL xD
>>
>>10645827
will do
>>10645834
double noted
>>10645881
this isnt about the name this is about what you want
>>
What.. What CAN you do? You're going to waste a lot of money, basically. Even your handwriting is shit.

Since you don't "know a lot about the technical aspects" of clothing I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you don't know anything about running a company, actually designing stuff, drawing, drafting patterns, sewing or basically any of the skills you'd need. Do you realize how many young designers are trying to make it? People with years of education, experience, contacts, etc.

What can you do? What skills do you have? Shit, you're asking 4chan what kind of clothing you should make, like the actual garments! Why would anyone pay for you shit?
>>
>>10645661
If you can't even draw a basic monogram on lined fucking paper, you shouldn't even think about creating a label.
>>
>>10645907
kanye west was just a rapper trying to make it at one point, the same can be said about anyone
>>10645912
because handwriting is directly correlated to success
>>
Do what you're into. Catering to other people is going to result in an inconsistent brand with no personality.
>>
>>10645918
I did ask a question though - what skills do you have? What do you know about the industry? What experience? Ever drafted a pattern?

Kanye was a nobody once, but he also made his own music. You've made a wonky monogram and nothing else.
>>
>>10645929
fair enough, and ive got drive. as of this moment this is what i desire to do so im going to go for it. ive 0 experience other than working retail, but people have crafted greater things with less
>>10645925
this is a very fair point, however what im into just so happens to be dressing others well in a style they enjoy, thats more or less the premise of my idea
>>
File: Foo-Fighters51.jpg (20KB, 603x562px) Image search: [Google]
Foo-Fighters51.jpg
20KB, 603x562px
>>10645661
the foo fighters are going to sue THE LIVING SHIT out of you
>>
>>10645950
fuck youre right, thanks man scrapping logo
>>
>>10645943

You're begining in the wrong end, though. Drop the FF idea completely, work every single day on your technical skill, enroll in one of the big schools (CSM, Antwerpen..), work even more and do a kick ass grad collection - if you somehow manage to produce work that'll rival that of your rich peers and get extremely lucky you might get picked up by a label. You'll be competing with people with way more drive, experience, vision, finances, skill... People that've been doing this their entire lives, basically.

Without a vision or technical skill it's just not going to happen - your logo doesn't mean shit because nobody cares about that.

Right now you'll have an easier time becoming the next Kanye West, is the point I'm trying to make.
>>
>>10646002
again all very fair and valid points, but i follow a philosophy of success put to word by napolean hill, so you arent going to dishearten me however i do appreciate the actual well thought out replies and not just calling me a fag. i dont mean to sound like im being a cock even though i probably do, i am simoly genuinely thanking you for a rational and reasonable reply.

however to get back to the OP, what would you like to see in a clothing company you currently do not, or somethjng you believe can be done better?
>>
>>10646018
Not him but honestly, If you want to start a brand and your first move is asking 4chan, when also all that you have is a utter shit drawing, then you're out of this world. Have you ever opened a company or something? Why do you think your ideia is original? Why do you think you are going to be succesfull instead of an artist, designer, businessman, wealthy, older person doing the same thing? Do you have any professional experience? How old are you? I honestly appreciate the intention but jesus, either you're trolling or you're one super delusional "ideas guy"
>>
>>10646018
I'm all for following your dreams et al, but what you need to have a dream first. A vision, anything. Say you actually wanted to be a rapper - instead of working on your craft, you'd go on /mu/ and ask what song you should make. This isn't going to work.

Go sketch, go sew, go study.
>>
>>10646037
i was asking for solutions to gaps in the market people may so happen to notice large or small, i have my idea im not asking /fa/ to build my business
>>10646038
as stated above, i have my vision, i was asking for tips
>>
>>10646063
Describe it. There are no gaps, no loophole. You'll need to INNOVATE.
>>
>>10646063
I hope you remember this thread when your shitty idea fails hard, honestly. But really, if it does miraculously work out, one in a million chance, good for you, and for real, you're better asking reddit.
>>
File: bukser.png (17KB, 541x960px) Image search: [Google]
bukser.png
17KB, 541x960px
Assuming you make it, this is what i really want from a cloathing line.

Pants with way more space between belt / buttons and where the legs actually start
>>
>>10646138
Im a stellar speller
>>
>>10646088
lol you havent even heard my idea
>>10646083
as far as normies are concerned (read: the majority of people) they are never taught about color schemes or how artlicles of clothing should properly fit, i wish to propose the solution to this
>>
>>10646138
We already have those. They're called drop crotch.
>>
>>10645584

>if you need to ask

successful people know what they want to do before they start

you already failed
>>
>>10646187
successful people also consult others in order to gain more knowledge
>hey guys i have an idea for a clothing business
>what are some things youd like to see that arent there or flaws in others i could fix
hmmmmmm
>>
>>10645584
I want bags that are washed in the Irish sea.
>>
>>10646138
>>10646140

i think>>10646157
is right, but i could be misinterpretting
>>
so, anyone got anything theyd like to see they currently dont?
>>
>>10646603

lunar core (silver/white down jackets and vest) with 3m on everything

julius type cargos without julius rape prices.( I honestly think thick cargo joggers are the best option)

I am doing the same thing tbfh, but atm I am just making shit that I like not really trying to sell anything
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 500x667px
>>10645584
>wants to start his own clothing line
>literally has no creativy and most likely zero original style
just be like everyone! Make shitty prints of "aesthetic" memes and pyrex 69 pussy nigga kanji characters on black gildan tees like the uncreative fuckboy you are.
>finesse and feelgood
nigga you have no finesse and that name makes me cringe
>>
>>10645950
top kek
>>
Don't want to be the guy that hijacks a thread, but I don't really think this deserves it's own thread.

What do you guys are some sick names for a skate brand? I'm starting to hate the one I've gone with but really lacking creativity in the name department
>>
>>10645602
there's ton of them already
>>
>>10645661
Tesco's homebrand of clothing is called f&f
>>
>>10645950
why are those Fs backwards??
>>
>>10645661

This project is born to fail, please share some of your fucking awesome designs MR.REFFSIMENSALWAEYSWUTIMDRESSEDINXDD
>>
>>10647552
Hate being that dude but, bump for this
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.