[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you shop in thrift stores /fa/? I'm a terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Thrift-Shop-floor.jpg (101KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Thrift-Shop-floor.jpg
101KB, 640x426px
How often do you shop in thrift stores /fa/? I'm a terrible poorfag so I go there from time to time and sometimes there's some cool, even designer stuff.
>>
about two weeks ago but I was looking for a goose neck kettle
>>
A couple times a year.
There's a massive goodwill nearby that seems to get most of their inventory from the wealthy parts of town.
>>
I go to my local one about once a week. Sometimes I find cool shit, but most of the time I don't. You have to go often to come up on good stuff.
>>
every week. gotta go often. most times I come away with nothing, but over the last 2-3 months I've copped APC and Acne jeans, Jil Sander dress shirt, decent condition beater pair of Stan Smiths, etc. persistence pays off.
>>
>>10642062
i'm in l.a.

really hard to find a store that hasn't been picked clean by resellers (be it ebay, etsy, or vintage boutique and consignment stores).

was a decent place to cop ten years ago.

now too much mid-2000s shit clogging the racks.

that thrift shop meme song that came out a couple years back didn't help.

don't get me wrong. not saying it used to be some secret club. but so many people are trying to make a living doing it. and some shops are using google and separating out "valuable" shit for their own high-priced boutique sections.

anyway. if your area's not picked clean, it's a great place to experiment with clothes on the cheap. i've spent too many days hitting up stores and coming up empty though, so now i overpay for thrifted shit online.
>>
Best finds I've ever had a goodwill are a vintage levi's denim jacket for 5 dollars and a pair of stan smiths in perfect condition for 7. If you go consistently you can come across some gems
>>
Germany there. Are German trift stores any good? Because I never was in one and won't let dem refugees take all the nice stuff from me.
>>
I once found a Levis sherpa jacket for like 5$
>>
File: sherp.jpg (62KB, 570x376px) Image search: [Google]
sherp.jpg
62KB, 570x376px
>>10642217
Same, but mine was like 7-8$. Well worth it, especially for an older one.
>>
>>10642163
nah f.am, but it kinda depends on which thrift you want to visit
in berlin it's more likely that you are going to finde some nice designer stuff, compaired to small citys, but expect to get jewed with them prices, since those sellers are doing good research, even on nationaly unknown brands!

other than that, there is still sometimes some nice basic stuff wich make the visit worth. also if you are looking for adidas shoes, every thrift is overfilled with them...

just go and check out the nearest thrift in an good populated city
>>
east midlands England here
no chance of finding anything, I've tried it and realized the clothes belonged to now dead people
>>
>>10642330
Would be Dusseldorf or Duisburg for me.
>>
I've tried and tried to find good thrift store but everything there is almost exclusively for fat fucks.

the xl and l section is ten times bigger than the men's small section.
>>
File: spurdofa4.png (47KB, 1432x956px) Image search: [Google]
spurdofa4.png
47KB, 1432x956px
>>10642062
Do it only when you want some specific kind of item.

Like a fuzzy turtleneck or random military combat boots, or a coat with brass buttons, etc.

Things like that.

or this >>10642234

>>10642163
Knochensack has found nice shid but he is a Berliner. As the other anon said, Berlin might have good or even great stuff.

TL;DR it's recommended that you lurk your local thrift once every year at least, except if you live in a small town or worse a shitty backwards developing city, where everything you will find is abercombie, nautica and shit-tier shit. Avoid if this is the case, not worth your time.
>>
>>10642339
I live in the East Midlands too.
>>
File: sweater1.jpg-large.jpg (65KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sweater1.jpg-large.jpg
65KB, 576x1024px
Found this pretty cool high school cross country jacket from the 1980's.. State champs too

What would look good with this, and do you like it or not?

It's kind of dirty as fuck right now and wrinkled, but yeah
>>
File: sweater2.jpg-large.jpg (65KB, 400x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sweater2.jpg-large.jpg
65KB, 400x1024px
>>10642413
Kinda a shitty picture, but here's the back
>>
>>10642417
black jeans white shoes go with anything
>>
>>10642062
Allll the time
You find so many great things sometimes for good prices that its almost pleasurable. After I got over the fact that I was wearing used clothes I couldn't stand the thought of shopping at the actual brand store for new clothes rather than just shopping at a thrift. When you realize you're paying $2-8 for clothing rather than $15+ it becomes addicting.
>>10642417
That's a great find! I remember seeing an old highschool jacket like that once but it never occurred to me that it'd be good wear
>>
>>10642339
Used to live in the area around Market Harborough, moved to the US a couple of years back
>>
>>10642339
yeah its all old people's shit and not in a good way
>>
West Midlands here.

Best cop was a bottega veneta, Alexander mcueen and a gucci polo for under a tenner.

But i never wear polos.

It's like thrift shopping in super hard mode here as everything is shit brands so you have to pick the better items made by shit tier brands
>>
>>10642339
There's a thrift shop I go to in Sheffield which isn't a million miles away from the east midlands?
>>
Fuck I wish I had some decent thrift stores in my country desu senpai baka
>>
What are the best thrift stores in Salt Lake City?
>>
britfag here too, as mentioned the uk has it tough because we have tiny charity shops as opposed to massive warehouses full of clothes
>>
>>10642833
The DI. I dunno mate, fashion here is pretty pleb. Mostly clothes from old mormon dudes who died. And its not like its anything nice since he had to feed his 8 kids.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.