[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Male model and model agency advice thread? I want to know if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (20KB, 337x436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 337x436px
Male model and model agency advice thread?
I want to know if this is legit or a rip off.

I just had a meeting with an agency and they want to charge me $550 for a photo shoot if I wanted to go ahead and sign a contract since I have no portfolio. I said I wanted to get them done by myself or have my friends shoot it for me but they said it wouldn't be professional enough. They also said they will also take 20% of what I make.

Should I go ahead with it? Poorfag here so I need to sell my Magic cards from my autistic N33t days to make the money. This is in Sydney btw. Thanks familia.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 628x879px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 628x879px
>>10636112
Just a note, they've been operating for a decade and didn't even have a business card to give.
>>
>>10636112
rip off, they would just take that 550$ from any work you did in the future. Not up front.
>>
>>10636112
They also said they wanted to set me up for commercial modelling.
>>
>>10636120
I think they wanted me to pay now. Anyways I'm confused af, just really need help paying the rent.

Should I send my head shots and body shots to other agencies?
What's the standard way agencies usually charge and help their models in Australia? Especially Sydney. I literally know nothing about the industry.

My friend said she thought it was a ripoff too, they could take my cash and never find me work, which was the fear.

They said the wanted to find me commercial modelling work (5,10-5,11 here, haven't measured in a while)
>>
>>10636133
actual model here, legit agencies NEVER ask for cash. I dont know anything about Australia, but there's probably not a lot of legit agencies there, no offense or anything. If you want a legit modeling career you'd need to move to NY/paris/london/milan/amsterdam pretty much

if you have any other questions let me know.
>>
>>10636204
Well what kind of height do they usually require (I prefer if anons gave me heights for a list of industries such as street, editorial, runway and print)? And what are the standards for male East Asian models (Chinese here).

Also, if I want to apply for an agency through their website, how should I message them and what kind of photos do I send?
>>
File: 1448074635059.jpg (18KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1448074635059.jpg
18KB, 500x326px
>tfw good facial aesthetics but could never be a model because 5'9
>>
>>10636204
Thanks for the response btw
>>
>>10636222
alright thats like 6 questions in one but ill try to answer them

>Well what kind of height do they usually require

anywhere from 5'11 to 6'3, i'd say the most common height is 6'1 , that's how tall i am as well. This applies to runways especially, editorial doesn't really matter at all and ''street'' isn't really a thing in highfashion modeling.

>And what are the standards for male East Asian models

I'm not sure if i understand your question? There's no ''standards'' for any model other than height/weight. It's 90% about face and most top models look nothing alike.

>Also, if I want to apply for an agency through their website, how should I message them and what kind of photos do I send?

Just email them with something like pic related, including one with your profile (so looking sideways, pretty much)

Also just to say it one more time: dont ever pay an agency for anything. ever.
>>
>>10636222
>tfw birthday trips
>>
>>10636256
By East Asian models I meant what kind of facial features does the industry look for in us?
>>
>>10636298
no clue, agencies look for interesting, good looking faces regardless of race.
>>
>>10636298
The same as everyone else cheekbones and jaw. Just dont be ugly. post a picture.
>>
hey so my book and comp cards are trash but ive done quite a bit of work but my agency wont update my profile.

can i just ask them to put some fresh photos up on the site or what?
>>
>>10636500
grow a pair and make your own life decisions instead of asking on 4chan you goof.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.