[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i've been lurking for a couple of weeks and i think i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1447737212046.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447737212046.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
So i've been lurking for a couple of weeks and i think i understand the basics but i can't figure out one thing. Basically are you guys attempting to look good in the eyes of others or not?

Also what's with the with the all the hillbilly shit, so many people seem to praise normal jeans weird t shirts with weird baseball caps like pic. I expected everything to be minimal or existing things made longer.
>>
styles change constantly. most people are trying to look good to those who are on the same level as themselves into that next lvl stuff, probably not a place to be for casual advice on looking better, but thats what the sticky says
>>
>>10628217
But that doesn't make sense, are you trying to impress people who also subscribe to the next level of fashion? Some of these fits like the hill billy one look more lazy then fashionable what's the point in buying and wearing that kind of style.
>>
>>10628203
Fashion is so much bullshit.
Wear what ever the fuck you want, just be confident and comfortable with it. If you can do that, you can pull off wearing just about anything.
>>
>>10628232
you're looking at it wrong in the first place. the point is fitting styles that fit you and what you feel good in.

its like in any hobby where there are elitists trying to one up another.
>>
>>10628266
That makes sense, the only thing is why are brands so hated like vans or supreme if it's about being comfortable.
>>
>>10628273
what is opinion
>>
>>10628282
What is an opinion spread across an entire board, i'm seeing the parallels to /mu/ but there are very few taboo artists that the entire board rejects, if you say it's a guilty pleasure and show you listen to stuff more approved of people are fine with it. No one here pairs canvas white vans with their fit and no one comments about it.
>>
w2c hats like that
>>
>>10628203
>So i've been lurking for a couple of weeks and i think i understand the basics but i can't figure out one thing. Basically are you guys attempting to look good in the eyes of others or not?
Most people on here want to look good, but in their own fucked up terms. People on here tend to live and breathe weird subcultures that taint their view of what looks "good" and "bad," resulting in shit like people trying to ~dress vaporwave~. There's nothing wrong with vaporwave, but dressing like that in public looks... stupid, frankly.

Good example: A friend of mine is WAY into anime. He has some dumb magical girl wallpaper on his phone. His explanation: "well, it's an action anime, so people will think it's normal." Except that to any layman, it looks like dumb anime bullshit and that he's a pedophile. He's far too into the culture to realize that (1) no-one knows what the fuck that character is from, and (2) as a result, he looks like a goddamn pedophile, not an ~action anime fan~.

>Also what's with the with the all the hillbilly shit, so many people seem to praise normal jeans weird t shirts with weird baseball caps like pic. I expected everything to be minimal or existing things made longer.
The teenage demographic on here confuses me too.
>>
>>10628314
So do people respect the opinions on cop or not threads know it could be someone who only likes a style that isn't what they are looking for?
>>
>>10628366
Most people just fight and have no knowledge of it.
>>
>>10628366

To be honest I don't understand why anyone would post in a cop or not thread unless they were worried about quality or something.
>>
File: 1446001341361.jpg (32KB, 298x372px) Image search: [Google]
1446001341361.jpg
32KB, 298x372px
>>10628294
>what is taste
look if you want to wear overplayed/worn + well known brands there are a plethora of webs/forums for you to do that on. This board just happens to avoid "those" looks.
>>
>>10628454
I would get if it avoided board shoes or stuff but it doesn't van like shoes are pretty popular here. It never goes full snap back teenager but it has similar items
>>
>>10628454
>This board just happens to avoid "those" looks.
no it really doesn't
>>
>>10628203
>>10628298
Thanks for using my pic broski . I dont understand why u would call a lizard hat "hillbilly" but sure .

Its from some etsy store cant remember
>>
File: 1447494007662.jpg (681KB, 2191x3146px) Image search: [Google]
1447494007662.jpg
681KB, 2191x3146px
>>10628899
You've seen people in jeans that fit normally and baggy t shirts with some weird design like pic. Maybe you call it something different but i see grew up in hick town and that's coming from a Georgian.
>>
>>10629110
Kinda? This dude looks more mac demarco- core than hick imo but yeah I dont live in the south... its a whole different world
>>
>>10629110
The difference is subtle: tucked in shirt, pants cuffed, chucks
>>
>>10629110
its just retarded teenagers who think that they're part of some ironic, edgy counter-culture wave.
>>
>>10629110
looks good to me, i don't really know what the problem is. it is a bit different but at the same time it's still relatively inoffensive

better than how most people dress anyway
>>
>>10628298
>>10628899
https://www.etsy.com/shop/priceapparel
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.