[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >neglected heavily as a child >grew up poor >as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: popsugar.jpg (457KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
popsugar.jpg
457KB, 2048x1365px
>be me
>neglected heavily as a child
>grew up poor
>as a result teeth grow in crowded and crooked
>now 20
>working 2 jobs to afford school and apartment

What can I do for affordable dental service /fa/? Is there any hope? The older I get the more ridiculous braces will look but I'm not sure I could afford invisalign.
>>
Get a poor college student like yourself to fuck around in your mouth and see what happens.
>>
>>10626754
>implying slightly crooked teeth aren't effay
>>
>>10626796
he didn't say "slightly"
AND crowded teeth are fucking gross
>>
>>10626754
>>10626769
I'm 20, nearly 21 and have traditional braces. I got them when I was 19 as soon as I was out of high school because I was sick and tired of having crooked teeth.

And they've been okay. I've actually gotten used to them but of course, it has it's disadvantages (especially at my age). EVERYONE thinks that I'm much younger than I actually am. When I tell them that I'm nearly 21, they are genuinely surprised, and usually follow up with how they thought I was still in high school.

I imagine getting into bars/buying alcohol would be impossible if I wasn't living in a college town. You could seriously get in if you were 15 in some of these bars.

My father has surprisingly good insurance (he's an airplane mechanic but apparently Delta has great benefits) that I've been on as I'm a full-time student. I paid for half of it because it was my decision and I was paying roughly $80/month which is amazing. It would be slightly more if I chose Invisalign but I really didn't give a fuck. I'm happy I made the decision because I still don't give a fuck

Invisalign can only be used in certain circumstances and isn't as effective in rotating teeth as traditional braces. It actually isn't as effective as traditional braces at all. But it still works. I even thought about getting lingual braces (those behind your teeth).

Your best bet for the cheapest option is to go to a university with a dental program or an actual dental school and sign up for braces there.

Yes, students will be practicing their work on you but their work will be overshadowed by an actual licensed and registered orthodontist. They are professionals. Just make sure that you go to a credible school. Supposedly you can save quite a lot.
>>
>>10627119

Why didn't you try to get accelerated orthodontics anon? Usually done within less than a year.
>>
>>10627142
I honestly didn't know about them when I got my braces on. I was just happy that I was taking a step forward.

I don't really mind it though, this past year or so (it's been 514 days) has gone by so quickly and I've almost become emotionally attached to these little bastards. It's going to be weird to get them off.

The average plan is two years (and that's how long my treatment is) but I'm thinking that I'm going to get mine off early. My teeth are great now and I guess he's just waiting on them to set or to make any fine adjustments that I can't see.

One problem that I still have is that my jaw clicks every now and then. I was really hoping that my braces would help with it (and it has) but not to the extent that I had wanted. I haven't had rubber bands yet and I'm already fairly far in. I don't know if this is normal or not but I was kind of looking forward to getting rubber bands.
>>
>>10627119
im basically doing this lol, i have fucking messed up teeth due to genetics...

and im going to an university with dental program, basically im saving like 2k going to this place. everything is cheaper and staff seems as professional as other places ive been.

Does your face change a after using bracers for 2 years? i mean your jaw or something.

stories about when you get the braces off would be amazing!
>>
>>10627264
>i have fucking messed up teeth due to genetics...
oh please tell me what gene causes the teeth to be crooked? its just a symptom of your jaw being too narrow and small. people didn't have any crooked teeth at all like thousands of years ago prior agriculture
>>
>>10627857
because of race mixing keks
>>
>>10627264
Your jaw definitely shifts when you get braces especially if you get a one of those devices (I forgot what they are are called) that go onto the roof of your mouth. You have them for around 6 months and you manually crank them with a little key every night to widen your mouth. Modern orthodontics is amazing.

But yeah you should see an improvement in your jaw as your treatment progresses even without the little mechanism I mentioned earlier. Your bite will get fixed and that alone leads to better jaw position. It's the main reason I wanted braces. But it's also the main reason I want rubber bands because they are what really help move your jaw forward for underbites. I still might get them but idk at this point. I'm pretty far in already.
>>
>>10627901
thanks for the info based god
>>
>>10627857
I've actually read that smaller jaws and the need for orthodontics can be traced back to the use of utensils (forks, knives etc). Apparantly, the tearing and pulling motion from using your teeth to rip the meat from the bone resulted in the need for wider jaws and straighter teeth.

Of course it could be backwards, they had wider and stronger jaws BECAUSE of the need for the tearing not as a result of it.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just think it's kind of interesting.
>>
>>10626754
>The older I get the more ridiculous braces will look but I'm not sure I could afford invisalign.
IIRC Invisalign is somewhat cheaper than wire braces, but maybe not as effective if you're looking for hardcore jaw changes.
>>
i was also neglected and poor and my teeth look fine. blame your genetics instead.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.