[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal that people who scout models change their mind and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (97KB, 620x974px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 620x974px
Is it normal that people who scout models change their mind and never talk to you again? YSL still haven't emailed me like they said they would. Should I give up or should I send them an email or something? I got a business card. What should I say in that case, should I include pics? What do /fa/
>>
>>10610023
I got the "we'll call you" and never got the call back. Emailed them with a really average headshot and they replied straight away to schedule some polaroids. Been with them for about a year now just doing casual shit.

Just send an email.
>>
>>10610119
How much you makin homie?
>>
Op the model in your picture looks anorexic

no self harm pls
>>
File: 10.jpg (216KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
216KB, 1366x2048px
>>10610119
is this you?
>>
>>10610119
That's amazing man, I'll do it. What did you say?
>>
>>10610340
It's slp, what did you honestly expect him to look like?
>>
>>10610119
>polaroids
Why does the modeling industry use these? I'm just curious.
>>
>>10610644
I wish the industry didn't condone this
If they used /fit/ models instead, I think more women would be attracted due to the sex appeal, and they would be supporting a healthy lifestyle
>>
>>10610698
The clothes would look like garbage though...
>>
>>10610541
I mean what did you say as in "what did you write to them" to be clear
>>
>>10610671
Because classically they were the most 'honest' photographs. They were cheap, quick and low quality.
If you can look good in a Polaroid, you can look good in anything more controlled.

They're also instant, so they can be passed around quickly and easily rather than having to wait to get film processed and printed.
>>
>>10610340
Why the fuck do you even trip?
>>
i got the business card and "we'll call you" twice but was too shy to email them :( waiting for the 3rd time i guess.
good luck OP!
>>
>>10610698
give up
you obviously know nothing
drop trip
kill self
>>
>>10611148
Thanks, I'll email them asap but I was too shy as well so far. Just not sure what to write, "why didn't you write back to me motherfuckers make me a model" doesn't sound quite right to be honest
>>
>>10611286
i guess you should remind them in a few words how they approached you (so they can remember who you are) and say that you're still waiting for them to get back to you? and attach a simple head/body shot.
if you know your measurements, and you know they're desirable, then you can add them too
>>
>>10611361
Hi, you scouted me on Broadway in NYC a couple of months ago. I'm interested in doing work for Ysl and I am still waiting to hear from you. I attached some pictures for_____("for reference"? "For you to look at"? Lol)

A bit desperate haha or how does it sound?
>>
>>10611833
For reference. Also, change Hi to Hello.
>>
>>10610698

if there was a better option they would do it
>>
>>10610023

You can tell SLP is a meme now just from the shitty quality of the photo
>>
>>10611833
Hello,
One of your modelling scouts approached me on Broadway in NYC a couple of months ago and expressed an interest in me.
After reflecting on this meeting I have decided I am interested in working with YSL, and am writing in case you forgot to contact me.
I have attached some pictures for your consideration.
My measurements are: yada yada yada

I hope to hear from you soon,
[your name]
>>
>>10610023
fuck man those legs are skinner than my arms
>>
>>10611875
Take out the "forgot to contact me" bit
>>
>>10611925
agree
>>
>>10611875
>after reflecting on this meeting
kek
>>
>>10611875
Combine that second paragraph to just " I am interested in working with YSL, and have attached some photos here for your consideration"
>>
how 2 get scouted? / how 2 model for slp?
>>
>>10612216
Yeah general how to get into modeling tips?
>>
>>10612216
i literally sent out my photos to agencies and got a few call backs. had to have a few meetings and test shoots and now things are picking up, signed a contract and am just waiting for work
>>
>>10612216
more specifically where can I get scouted by slp in LA?
>>
>>10612236
SL models are from EU agencies
>>
>>10612240
are you sure about that?
>>
>>10612236
music venues, gallery openings, know the right people, and don't go be boring as shit.
>>
>>10612236
Burgerama, beach goth. The places where the punk bands that Hedi puts in the show are performing.
>>
>>10612833
what are some hedi core bands besides the garden?
>>
>>10612976
Anyone who has played a song for the runway show are obvious. Then if the band members walk, I would suspect them. I don't think it's limited to Certain bands really. Just go to burger records sound cloud and scope that shit. Look at related labels and check those out. Then just go to concerts at the observatory or whenever punk bands in that scene are playing near you. It's probably not worth the effort though unless you like the music.
>>
>>10612976
Cherry Glazerrr
>>
>>10610698
they choose skinnybois because it suits the aesthetic and the cut. Fit guys would look strange in Hedi's clothes.
>>
>>10612216
Literally walked on Broadway for an hour When I was in new York, was doing some shopping. Got scouted by YSL and another agency. Only time I've ever been in America.
>>
>>10611875
Thanks a lot! It's the email of the girl who scouted me, not a general email, I changed it to:
Hello,
You approached me on Broadway in NYC a couple of months ago and expressed an interest in me.
I have decided I am interested in working with YSL, and I have attached some pictures for your consideration.

E____
>>
>>10611875
>>10613575
what's your measurements?
>>
>>10613310
i loved that women show they played had ten dollarz
>>
>>10613332
this
>>
>>10610023
exact same thing happened to me

didn't get a business card though and i forgot the agency name
:(
>>
>>10610698

Why do you trip when u dont know shit about fashhun
>>
Another rare thread of /fa/ being helpful. Pleasantly surprised. I tend to find the high fashion threads generally have more helpful people, minus the "POORFAG! I BET YOU CAN'T EVEN AFFORD SLP YOU FAGGOT" people.
>>
>>10614121
It's because people have more invested in the brands. If I'm going to be spending a lot of money on slp I should know a lot about slp so I know what I want and can avoid bad purchases.
>>
>>10612976
Thee Oh Sees
>>
>>10614121
I've noticed that people who are legitimately interested in saint laurent are very friendly and helpful (not the kids who buy it because its expensive)
>>
as someone who knows nothing about this, how did you get scouted? do they literally just randomly walk up to you on broadway and give you a card? i know that some people just send in head shots but i've heard of slp 'scouting' people irl and I'm just curious exactly what happens / how it works?
>>
>>10615317
Same thing with Rick fans. The dedicated Rick and SLP threads are actually the best recurring threads on this board minus the negative circlejerk around both styles.
>>
You guys must be good looking af. Post pics, I'm curious
>>
>>10616109
yeah as much as I hate to admit it hardcore rick fans can be pretty nice people as well
>>
>>10610023
same happened to me as well lmao
hav they scouted like everyone on /fa/? xD
>>
>>10616102
You can send out poloroids to various agencies, preferably around your area cause if they like your loom they will more than likely want to meet with you or you can get scouted just by a talent scout.

I was scouted by 2 different agencies around my town, once while i was at work and another when i was walking in the mall.

Theres no secret to getting scouted really, its more about falling into the look that that agency is looking for. The best bet is to send out pics to various agencies and actually try and make something happen rather than waiting for something to happen, if you wanted to get into the industry.
>>
>>10616102

Forgot to add they usually have a business card that contains the basic contact info, email, phone#, and usually an address that the agency is based out of.
>>
>>10610698
stfu and drop trip
>>
>>10613864
I'm 6'1, 29 inch waist, 135 lbs ish, not sure about other measurements.
>>
>>10614121
Yeah this is why I like fa man, actual nice people. (I'm OP)
>>
>>10616102
They (it was 2 people but the girl was the main scouter and it was she that gave me her business card) just said "excuse me" coming up from behind, said "we're from Saint laurent and we really like your look", that they would be interested in me doing model work. They asked me where I live (Sweden) and said that was fine and that they had people there. They asked me when I was going home and (I think) if I had time to take pics before that which I didn't. Pretty much what you would expect. I wrote my email in their phone, she said they would email me and I got a business card. Nothing unexpected
>>
>>10616110

Not at all, I have pretty average facial aesthetics and bad nose. I guess they like me cause I'm skinny and tall.
Keep in mind that I look worse than this in 90% of pics, this image makes it look like I have more cheekbones and model features than I usually do, so it's definitely a body thing
>>
>>10618559
>average
nah mate
>>
>>10618559
suck in those cheeks harder sven, ahmed likes it that way
>>
>>10618609
yeah sorry about that, very posey pic overall I know
>>
>>10618609
fcking lel
>>
>>10618559
how tall in cm?
>>
>>10610698
There are LOADS of fit guys, but certain designers prefer skinny ones. David Gandy, Francisco Lachowski and Sean O'Pry are all ottermode, but not too built so clothes don't look bulged up on them.
>>
>>10618727
189 I think ish? I'm probably 6'2 now that I think about it. Maybe I'm getting too tall for modeling if I'm above 190?
>>
>>10610698
Fashion isn't about impressing girls you kek.
>>
>>10618755
aren't most runway models 6'2 or 6'3? i know most models in all the online shops i ever use are 6'1 but i think they're usually a little taller on the runway. any higher than that is probably not going to work, though.
>>
>>10618777
Yeah makes sense, thanks. I hope it works out, would be really fun to model for them
Honestly just being scouted was really fun and some kind of confidence boost
>>
do you guys think I could get scouted if I walk
around sunset avenue in LA?
>>
>>10618734
Thanks for replying constructively. When I said that the industry needed "fit" models -- which I now realize carries the connotation that they would be built like OCB/Zyzz/insert name here -- I meant it like this (http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/.a/6a00d8341c60fd53ef01157246ab65970b-pi). But even Phelp's body may distort clothing, so I guess my correction is in order.

I like Lachowski's fit in pic related, issey miyake men's spring 2012
>>
>>10618777
6'3" is upper bound for most runway models. However slp is known to care less about height. They have used models that are 5'8 up to at least 6'5" because that's how tall the model from fa is, there might even be taller models.
>>
general question to all the anons who have been scouted by SLP. What where you wearing when you got scouted?
>>
>>10620235
op here. Black bomber, slim Nudie jeans, timberlands.
>>
>>10610417
i love this fit
i miss this guy
>>
>>10610698
hahahahaahahahahaha
>>
>>10621699
he still comes on fa
>>
>>10610698
i would completely disagree because it would also eliminate the novelty out of fashion and being a model. any fag can lift weights and being skinny presents a much better silhouette.
>>
>>10621717
really? when was the last time he posted?
>>
>>10621723
recently i saw him in long hair thread
may still be in catalog
>>
>>10621699
>>10621717
>>10621723
>>10621726

nice dubs, hello it's me
>>
yeah haha model scouts are everywhere dude
>>
>>10611833
are you not sketched out by the fact that they said YSL when the label is now known as SLP?
>>
>>10622319
is modelling a full-time job? do you tell qts that you model or do you keep it under wraps because you don't want the extra attention
>>
>>10623624
I don't tell people because I don't want people getting the wrong impression of me, but my friends like telling people for me because they know it makes me awkward. But I confess it's mentioned on my tinder profile as much as I wish I could take it off, wouldn't say it helps at all though hahaha, and no for me it's only part time
>>
>>10610023
what the fuck is YSL i dont know this brand.

or do you mean SLP?
>>
>>10623811
Clothes brand that used to be Yves Saint Laurent is now Saint Laurent Paris under Hedi Slimane, Yves Saint Laurent is still a cosmetic brand but not under Hedi Slimane
>>
File: 1442574622166.jpg (47KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
1442574622166.jpg
47KB, 479x359px
>got a card once
>was too insecure to followup
>>
>>10623811
kek
>>
>>10623604
They said slp my bad. The card says saint laurent Paris
>>
>>10612240
>>10612734
except james hurst
>>
>>10622319
how much does modelling pay?
what is hedi like?
>>
>>10612216
i live in mexico and i was scouted to by some shitty hipster douche that was hindu, shit was weird, that was the only time i have ever been scouted he probably just wanted my ass
>>
>>10624518
pays like a normal 9-5 but less work, hedi's a really sweet guy

also a tip for getting scouted is maybe don't walk everywhere with earbuds in, i rarely wear earbuds and have been scouted twice
>>
So I got scouted by a top modelling company around summer, he took a few pictures and my email, then we exchanged messages and explained I couldn't go down to london because I had exams and tickets are expensive if not in advance so could I come down in a couple of weeks, he said sure and told me we could arrange a time "there's no rush " and I could come after exams. fast forward after exams, keep messaging, no reply ;___; I missed my chance guys.
>>
>>10610698
>thinking fashion has anything to do with
sex appeal
>thinking clothes would fit better on /fit/ people
>>
idk i had saint laurent hit me up and the casting manager hit me directly and asked for my number, ive also had a few references from friends who work with them alot, im just waiting haha. i know ill do saint laurent
>>
>>10624751
any other tips?
>>
i know this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone here have model mayhem account w/ full access?

i wanna see the pics of this girl i dated but never got with. her mm name is genabugg, poast pics here
>>
>>10624751
I'm OP, as you work for them, so judging by my situation do you have any tips on what I should do or write?
>>
I got stopped by a Ford scout. Got information, then met at a coffee shop. Everything seemed great. I submitted my info, including the fact that i'm 5'11. Got no response, was asked am I sure that's my real height. I'm well over 6foot with hair and shoes.
>>
>>10625893
are you a car?
>>
Fuck being a model, how do you become a model scout?
>>
>>10625747
no other tips other than be ya self

>>10625882
give me the first name of your contact cos i might have them on facebook. I have a feeling it's only a very limited few who can actually scout for ysl so if you haven't met hedi it must be his team
>>
>>10626121
i think most scouts are interns usually it's the shitty job of approaching people and standing around all day waiting for 1 asian person
>>
File: 1046.jpg (52KB, 471x694px) Image search: [Google]
1046.jpg
52KB, 471x694px
DID ANYONE EVER FIND THE NAME OF THE MODEL IN THE OP?

HE'S LIKE AN ENIGMA

HE'S NOT ON THE MODEL LIST ON MODELS.COM FOR THE SHOW HE'S IN RIGHT THERE

DOES HE EVEN EXIST? OR DID HE JUST APPEAR FROM THE VOID TO DO THIS ONE SHOW AND DISAPPEAR INTO THIN AIR

HE'S THE THINSPO LEGEND
>>
>>10626134
Natalie
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 293x247px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 293x247px
>mother agency of your modelfu will never accept your cv
>>
>>10621722
>any fag can lift weights
Don't make being a skeleton a privilege now
>>
>>10624730
yeah he probably just wanted to fuck you
>>
>>10610417
based Tim
>>
>>10618559

YSL want you to model for them? LOL you've been jipped dumb ass
>>
>>10619336
are there actually 5'8 slp models? i find this hard to believe
>>
>>10627615
Natalie is the head casting director, basically she runs everything she's a cool chick so yeah this is a legit casting. I know that Natalie recently held castings in NY and LDN for the show in January so you can expect a call then, ysl have a habit of not calling you until they need you, I got a call 3 days before once so don't worry, but yeah maybe email Natalie, she won't mind she's really nice

>>10627992
Hiya
>>10628038
Yeah there are hedi really doesn't give a fuck about height
>>
>>10623811
lurk the fuck more
>>
>>10628358
Thanks, sounds good. She was really nice. Do you think the above suggested is decent enough?

Hello,
You approached me on Broadway in NYC a couple of months ago and expressed an interest in me.
I have decided I am interested in working with YSL, and I have attached some pictures for your consideration.

E____
>>
>>10626903
this
>>
i just spent my entire day travelling to and from Cologne, to get my photo's taken for an agency that maybe wants to use me
so what happens now?
>>
>>10628541
take out the "I have decided im interested in working with YSL" makes you look pretentious as fuck
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.