[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a friend and i are planning to make a replica of this bust what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 6144369908_a69f199161_b.jpg (304KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6144369908_a69f199161_b.jpg
304KB, 680x1024px
a friend and i are planning to make a replica of this bust

what is the cheapest way of doing this (other than actually carving the thing out of marble)

someone on the net did a 3d scan of it irl and we have downloaded the file
>>
>>988348
Make a mold
>>
Carve it out of concrete
>>
>>988348
if you are smart enough, use some cad software to make many layers of contour lines of the thing, then cut up the layers with cardboard or sheets of any material, then stack them up
>>
>>988348
>3d print a mould.
>fill with plaster.
>>
>>988371
Probably be better off 3D printing the bust itself, then manually smoothing and refining the print, then using the smoothed version to make the mold. Otherwise your mold is going to have layer lines in it.
>>
>>988356
this can be done with Autodesk's 123D Make, and is a good solution if you don't mind the layer thickness. http://www.123dapp.com/make

>>988371
works but you will need to hand-finish the mold (or positive) quite a bit, else it will perpetually stick and tear

I'm surprised no one has just mentioned:
3D print it from sandstone in one go. Leave the inside hollow for cheapness.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.