[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a question about modifying my toaster. Now, here's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
I've got a question about modifying my toaster.

Now, here's some background:
Long ago my old toaster started acting funny and one side of heating elements stopped working, this was producing toast which was actually only toasted on one side.

Over time I came to appreciate the subtle interplay between the toasted and untoasted sides and began to prefer it over regular toast done on both sides.

Well fast forward to the now-times and that toaster has popped it's last slice and headed off to the scrapheap in the sky, so I bought a new one.

This new one is very basic, has no special features, just an arm and a "doneness" dial.

My question is this: Without being able to show you any schematics or images of the specific toaster (It is some no-brand cheapo thing) what do you think are the chances that I can simply open it up and snip out the nichrome wire on two sides then still have it actually work?

Many thanks.
>>
>>988205
anon, this is retarded.

Press the button labeled "bagel" on your toaster, and BAM one side of each slot turns off

it's literally that easy
>>
>>988206
I've never even seen a toaster with such a function.

I should have included that I do not live in a particularly advanced place.

There are no buttons on my toaster, just the arm you push down to cock it and the dial you twiddle to tune it.
>>
>>988209

I do not live in a particularly advanced place.

>Brit or Canacuck then...they're the only ones who are known to 'twiddle'...
>>
>>988205
Just cutting the nichrome should be fine

Just start taking it apart until you can access a point of regular wire that goes to the nichrome and cut it and pull it back and maybe kapton tape it so the live wire doesn't touch anything it shouldn't when it's on.

This is assuming it's a really simple toaster like you said so it probably has no feedback to the heater to see if it's actually working.
>>
>>988270
That's assuming his elements aren't in series.
>>
>>988206
>This new one is very basic, has no special features, just an arm and a "doneness" dial.
>Press the button labeled "bagel"

Who's the retard here?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.