[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been working on this for the last few weeks. Th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 27

So I've been working on this for the last few weeks. Those are decellularized fruit and veg (broccoli and strawberry). I used a weak surfactant solution to slowly wash all the cellular material away leaving only a mostly cellulose scaffold behind. The scaffolds can be used to grow almost any new tissue you want and one researcher is using a similair technique to grow human cells on apple-derived scaffolds. I was thinking about growing some cow muscle on the strawberry and make some meat berries. I made a video going through the whole process https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddGR7YKuN-I
>>
>>964814
There are 3D printer technologies that use scaffold technology to print human organs.
>>
>>964814
I like you, plese continue.
>>
Biology teacher here, this is actually pretty cool...

May try this over the summer, thanks for sharing!
>>
>>964903
lier, everyone knows teachers only exist inside of school!
>>
>>964814
I cant view your video right now, so maybe you alread know this, but if you dont...

Growing animal cells like this will require an exact mix of nutrients and some hormones to grow. Also, electrical impulses and mecanical forces are required in order to form accual muscle fibers instead of chaotic cells with a random arrangement.
>>
I'm curious as to what would happen if you attempted this technique on leather and leather products.
>>
>>964908
that still sounds doable
>>
>>964915
Im not ot saying it isnt.
it just isnt as easy as growing a tree from a stick you put into ground or something
>>
>>964918
I hope to see a breakthrough with this soon. I cant imagine what it will be like when you can just grow bodyparts that are 100% compatible with the host.
This is the best thing since stemcell research.
>>
>>964908
Ya I know it takes more than just throwing cells at it. I've done cell culture before and work with multiple others who are very familiar with the techniques required. I've mostly been doing this to get used to the decellularization process. It was so quick and easy and it just looks so damn cool!
>>964947
This is part and parcel with stem cell research. Stem cells are the best things to make use of with things like this as you can encourage any new tissue to grow.
>>964903
That would be awesome! I'm sure your students would love it. I wish my bio teacher had done something like this XD
>>
>>965021
Does that mean we could make new parts of the body like a third arm with limited movement or even wings the replace the sholderblades?
>>
>>965043
Something like that would be both very expensive and very difficult. Most of this tech is currently being focused on replacing broken parts rather than adding new ones
>>
>>965050
Im thinking more of a hacker approach, like cut out the shoulder blades mucles and connect the new halfassed wings muscles to where the old muscles were and the signal to expand or contract the wings would be what use to be rolling your shoulders.
>>
>>965075
Are you 12? The motherfucker is sciencing up some skeltalized fruit and you want to mend wings to your shoulder blades?
>>
>>965078
Im just thinking of all the possibilities.. If I said make a pussy then someone else would flip about about trannies.
if I said cure diabetes someone would flip out about encouraging a shitty lifestyle.
if I said fix heart disease some darwin fag would flip out about ruining natural selection.

tldr: go fuck yourself.
>>
>>964918
You obviously know absolutely nothing about botany, yes, many stick do not grow a tree, but you'd be surprised how many species only need a broken branch or cutting to grow a whole new tree
>>
>>965075
Biology isn't even close to the same as a computer or mechanical machine. You can't just stick on new pieces. If by some miracle you hook everything up properly and get it to stay on, you'd have no control or feeling in the new tissue. Attaching nerves is a pain. And even if you managed to, you're more likely to have it manifest as constant hellish pain rather than elegant control over a new limb. While I'm sure this could be done way down the line, not with current tech. Also, you can much more easily fix a pancreas than add a limb.
>>
>>965127
I think the point is that it's more complex than rooting a cutting which is inherantly simple. Growing tissue in a new scaffold is much more complex and requires careful control over the environment and stuff.
>>
>>965043
In theory yes, first and currently, we need to figure out how to accurately replicate and be able to repair what we already have. If someone was to lose an arm and we could make a fully functional replacement arm for them out of their own cells and be able to attach it and gain use of it. Only then would science be willing to start working on more novelty items like wings and extra limbs.

Also part of the problem is our own nervous system, even if you were use the hacker approach like you suggested
-one, those muscles are only designed to work in one specific function, so just by adding more joints and muscles to that one function, it won't be able to react in the manner you would like and
-two, the brains connectivity to the nervous system. If you add something that does not exist, the brain will not be able to recognise it and react to it, so it will simply only be a lump of mass that will just hang limp and lifeless.

The trick is you would need to figure out a way to be able to fully connect the new body part directly to the nervous system through its own unique connections to the brain, and also figure out a way so your brain can recognise it (think of it like trying to train your brain to be able to move a tumorous mass that grew on your arm).
If your brain (subconscious) can recognise it exists, only then could you start to train it to function, kind of like a baby learning how to walk.

But if you can figure all that out, then yes, it is possible.
>>
>>965129
One word, "Tumor"
>>
>>965128
oh I know nerves are a special kind of hell, Im just talking skin bone and muscles with rudimentary expand and contract abilities. I dont think for a second the extra hand would be playing violin or the wings would even let you glide.

>>965138
I realize that there is no connection in the brain for new limbs, but just because we cant feel it doesn't mean that it would be useless. people loose feeling in their limbs all the time, hell.. sometimes they even loose control of their limbs (alien hand syndrome).
Like you said about the brain not having input for extra things, the pathways for extra bits are already laid out, just two examples would be the tonsil's and the appendix, and there are several muscles that arn't part of any worthwhile muscle group that we can live without, like when was the last time you used the muscle in your nose?
>>
>You can't just stick on new pieces. If by some miracle you hook everything up properly and get it to stay on, you'd have no control or feeling in the new tissue. Attaching nerves is a pain.
You don't have to worry about attaching nerves. You just use what you already have. Bionic prosthesis or bio prosthesis it will work either way. Also limited feedback is already possible.
http://news.discovery.com/tech/gear-and-gadgets/bionic-arm-moved-by-thought.htm
>>
File: cattleufo.jpg (27KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
cattleufo.jpg
27KB, 400x294px
>>964814
>it's not a sterile container
>op thinks he can grow muscle on random dirty material
I once soaked an egg in vinegar and got pretty much the same thing OP.

I grow fungi and do tissue culture in my neet cave. how are you going to sanitize the live cow tissue? how are you going to get live cow tissue?
>>
>>965308
>I grow fungi and do tissue culture in my neet cave.
Aye buddy, keep that to yourself.
>>
>>965308
>admits to being a neet
>thinks he knows more than someone who understands the decellularization process to do it at home

Back to >>/r9k/ with you
>>
>>965315
>understands the process
you mean OP can put random objects in soap?
have you ever done any kind of tissue culture before?

sodium laurel sulfate is really common. its in household cleaning products. why would OP having access to soap be some amazing feat?
>>
>>964814
Excellent video, only complaint is that the camerawork is a little shaky. Looking forward to more, anon.
>>
>>964814
You've got some neat videos. Where do you find out about all this stuff?
>>
>>965308
I know it's not a sterile container. However the scaffolds are stored in 99% isopropanol so they are pretty sterile. If I was going to use the scaffold for tissue culture it would be transfered to phosphate buffered saline with antibiotics. And the cow cells would be order from a catalog or you can harvest and culture them. It's not impossible to do but it's also totally different than growing fungi.
>>965350
Ya I know it was shaky. I really need a proper steady cam but am too busy doing science to get around to making one. Which is a shitty excuse so I'll probably get to it soon.
>>965365
I read a shitload of papers and spend way too much time on the internet.
>>965292
I know, I'm working on bionics as well. I was making a point. And it's very different to connect to something bionic than to a new living piece of tissue. Also those high tech bionic arms and such usually require an implant in your brain.
>>
Wait a fucking minute is this Chironex/glims the guys doing cool transdermal shit?
>>
>>965428
Yup, Chironex here XD
>>
>>965431
Nice! Fucking knew it when I saw Thought Emporium had a video up about this. Keep kicking ass
>>
>>965443
Thanks! Just wait till you see some of the other stuff I've got cooking. Someone asked me what i've been up to for the last few months, I literally laughed when I read the list i'd written. All the most exciting stuff doesn't actually end up in videos cause it's still new/patents/etc, but the next few years are going to be ridiculous
>>
>>965449
Trust me, I am all sorts of excited. You on IRC at all? I'd love to pick your brain on some stuff.
>>
>>965452
Sometimes. I'll hop on for a while. Gotta kill some time anyway.
>>
Sneak peak of next weeks video. Pieces of beef liver I've been working on.
>>
>>965507
For comparison this is how it started
>>
>>965507
Thank you for choosing 4chan for your verbal assault and harassment. We know you could have just gone to Reddit where they'd suck your sciency cock and tell you you're great, but here you get so much more harassment for your dollar.

Also, is this a complicated process? Could I mix up my skeltalization juice and start tossing in shit? I would like to do this with insects, specifically large bugs like stinkbugs.
>>
>>965560
Animal tissues are way more complicated since the cells are smaller and harder to get out. I'm trying a bug right now and it seems to work fine, but the exoskeleton looks exactly the same so it doesn't look like much. If you want a bleached bug exoskeleton you'd need a different process.
>>
>>964837
No they aren't. These are decellularized tissues. You use something that is already there as the scaffold
>>
File: 1457946118902.jpg (340KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
1457946118902.jpg
340KB, 550x733px
>>964814
Dear Op,
I want to grow steak at home, What would be the proper procedure to go about achieving this?
>>
>>964911
you would end up with something that is wearing you.
>>
>>965075
there is a pig breed with no protein markers, you could get yourself a hold of a nail matrix from a hoof and get yourself some horns. or work on a similar beast with actual horns or wings for a viable transplant.
>>
>>965120
what magnificent times teens can delve arm deep into the underlying nature of biology. surely technology has evolved faster than we as beast have. *worried laughter*
>>
>>965138
Move nerve endings from one area to a new area..still functioning but just in different area.
>>
>>964814
Hey once I ate strawsberries like that. They were soaking in strawberry flavored moonshine. The shine was good but the strawberries were like vodka flavored chewing gum.
>>
Mmmmm MEAT BERRIES....
>>
File: rootsdetail04.jpg (195KB, 900x709px) Image search: [Google]
rootsdetail04.jpg
195KB, 900x709px
Here are some of the things that need to be worked out
1. What cells to use (muscle cells grow slow)
2. What kind of growth medium to transfer nutrients.(synthetic blood?)
3. Material to use as a scaffold for the cells. (Strawberry)
4. Bio reactor for cell growth. (Step fathers Chevy)
>>
>>964906
..and if you had spent any appreciable amount of time in one, you'd know how to spell "liar" you dense fuck.
>>
do you have the room to accommodate 4 generations of rabbit? because if you do i could get you your strange alchemy.
>>
>>964814
Fuck that noise OP. Electroplate that shit in pure gold! Bitches gonna love your gold broccoli on a chain.
>>
>>967706
gen. 1 buy mom, dad rabbit
kill, eat dad after gen 1 babies are born
pick a son from gen.1 and kill/eat fertilize yard with the rest
gen 2 let son mate mother when litter is born kill father/son and keep 1 daughter and one son from this generation [the female from this generation you keep if original mother has aged beyond babyhaving]
repeat last step to generation 4.

now on the last generation let all of your rabbits live.
they will be inbred enough to take each others blood without qualm or ill effect.

acquire large glass container, peristatic pumps, a fish tank, a fish tank warmer [or four] and a sterilizer.
>>
>>967711
drill a hole into the base of your glass container, and insert line from peristatic pump, seal well. drill in your fishtank a hole in the bottom and using a glass tube to stabilize a small funnel attached to said line seal well.
>>
>>967714
drill holes in sides to build structure that will hold berry below the upper pump and above the funnel. when you are satisfied it is adjusted sanitize everything.
>>
>>967715
now place berry and put container in tank, seal the place where they meet.
>>
>>967719
side note you are going to want to adjust one peristatic to flow in and the other to draw from. adjust speed as you see need, but probably a slow setting on the draw so as not to kill your lower rabbit with air bubbles.
>>
>>967719
place a rabbit in a small cage near the bottom of the thing and one near the top, find a good vein and on one leg have outgoing into the tank and on the other incoming from the lower rabbit.
>>
>>967722
[make sure to use a quick drying watertight sealant in the tank.] fill the tank with warm water and place aquarium heaters. this will mimic a good growing temp for your meat-berry.
>>
>>967723
rotate rabbits daily. if you mark them in colors so as to differentiate it is going to be useful to see if one gets ill more than others, it may be a different blood type. which by 4th generation inbreeding is rare, but if it happens stop using that one.
>>
>>967726
the blood serves as a nutrient delivery system, sanitizer, ect. since your going for muscle tissue if you figure out how to re-purpose a tens unit to induce the growth it may help to have included that in the enclosed environment with the berry.
>>
>>967728
the heat in the air of the inner bubble should be near a rabbits resting body temp to prevent clotting, hanging a Mercury thermometer in the inner bubble would be intelligent.
>>
>>967731
if your last generations litter was small let them breed twice and have more. 7 to 10 rabbits is good to work with if you can get it as there may be casualties.
>>
File: yurp.png (557KB, 800x1188px) Image search: [Google]
yurp.png
557KB, 800x1188px
>>967732
ill check tomorrow if you had questions or troubleshooting.
>>
>>964814
Can you make me a burger? Just a pretty basic cheeseburger with some pickles on, nothing fancy. Been vegetarian for 4 years and god do i miss burgers, i just dont want to be built of dead cow :(
>>
>>967741
read above your post to see the suffering it would take to make a single meat berry outside a lab.
>>
>>967747
whyboner.jpg
>>
>>967735
Is this just for rabbit meat or can this set up produce beef?
>>
>>968003
this design is mod for a external womb, edited for a meat berry. 4 generations of cows with a final rotation of 7 is possible but uh, that would take like 13 years.
>>
>>968074
creating is harder than destroying. balance is more important than either.
>>
File: 1393294571050.jpg (621KB, 2348x2336px) Image search: [Google]
1393294571050.jpg
621KB, 2348x2336px
>>968074
How about growing some bone marrow for hematopoiesis. chicken egg thing I guess.
Also, are you a madman or do you have some credentials?
>>
>>968103
the complex system needed for that would be possible but would make you a monster by action. unless if someone is willing to stay attached to machines for long periods of time. it would require a living regulatory system [hormones, immune system, ect] but you could make one body interact with biological machinery to support a amount of living bone marrow. Not a convenient option, involved, expensive. why are you sickly?
>>
>>968103
wait, the chicken egg thing? I haven't done much with that but embryo attachment and transfer. varied success. you got a feel who i was from another site? haven't mentioned that stuff in like ever. good to see a fan.
>>
>>968074
and with that body mass you might be able to get a meat melon.
>>
File: duuur.jpg (50KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
duuur.jpg
50KB, 610x610px
>>968003
....or you could just raise and kill one cow....
>>
File: BqNpiRYCYAAfv8k.jpg large.jpg (41KB, 504x720px) Image search: [Google]
BqNpiRYCYAAfv8k.jpg large.jpg
41KB, 504x720px
>>968174
Was thinking about growing the meat melon on the side of a cow.
>>
>>967728
Do Tens machines actually work?
>>
>>965120
Fuck you man, I would get a pussy attached if I could.
>>
File: yurp.png (278KB, 359x474px) Image search: [Google]
yurp.png
278KB, 359x474px
>>968332
>>
>>968284
but long-term sub-dermal contact, a attack against the structure substance can be coordinated by the body, rotation of blood donors in the other design prevents.
>>
>>964814
first off, timestamp with ur albino strawberry so we know ur not taking credit for others work

secondly, meat starwberry ftw.
>>
File: 1434556790037.png (123KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1434556790037.png
123KB, 720x400px
Whats the ETA on that synthetic blood?
>>
>>968955
it exists, mostly animal medicine.
>>
File: 1394968165494.jpg (100KB, 500x952px) Image search: [Google]
1394968165494.jpg
100KB, 500x952px
What literature would you recommend to some one who is looking to get into Bio tech Industry?
>>
>>965324
Why don't you try doing this and show us your AMAZING results.
>>
>>969470
really keeping up with the science, periodicals, in industry magazines, published papers. its all to dense and changing for a book alone to be recommended.
>>
>>969787
look up bio-hacking and homeopathic stem cell therapy for some good worried laughter.
>>
File: playing you a dainty tune.jpg (156KB, 1000x1268px) Image search: [Google]
playing you a dainty tune.jpg
156KB, 1000x1268px
>>969470
Just remember that because it can be done does not mean it should. natural selection keeps us as a species evolving, or at least upright. you prop up enough sick and dying beasts in a herd with medical intervention and eventually all the babies are sick. all the following generations sick. a cure all is also a end all.
>>
File: muhlifesupport.jpg (146KB, 1278x783px) Image search: [Google]
muhlifesupport.jpg
146KB, 1278x783px
>>969791
>>
>>969935
Rmember we are already living in idiocracy. More like wall-e hover tubs
>>
>>969791
>Time to give Mother Nature a little goose.
>>
>>970016
to what end sir?
>>
>>969791
How about if we genetically super engineer humans so we're not only mega smart, but also mega strog?
>>
>>966311
*unzips dick*
>>
>>965222
Not trying to be a dick here, but your thinking backwards instead of forwards kid.

Alien hand syndrome is a form of psychosis or can be caused by various forms of brain damage.
Put simply, it's usually when the left hemisphere of the brain...
>responsible for comprehension and logic
... loses its connection to that body part, and the right hemisphere...
>artistic side of the brain
... takes control of the appendage.
It's not that it's not functioning under your control, it's just that you are unable to comprehend how it's functioning, and your hemisphere's have some form of damage or disruption so it can't properly communicate with the other side for said limb, so it attempts to communicate through the hand itself, usually with failed results. Essentially the nerves in the corpus callosum are split, broken, dead or blocked within that that region. It's also a symptom of split brain syndrome when the person doesn't die or become paralyzed from it.

A secondary part of this is having a ghost limb, either after a limb has become paralyzed, amputated, or the nerve endings cauterized. Your brain understand how the limb worked, functions and felt, so even after it is gone, you can still control an artificial or (currently being worked on) lab grown limb if it is reattached through the nervous system. >>966493 this is why even a damaged numb limb can still often function when the nerve endings have been damaged, it may no longer be able to actually perceive through touch, but the brain remembers how it functions, so as long as many of the more subdermal nerves still function, said limb can move, just not feal.

So again, even if a new limb was introduced and connected directly to the nervous system, you might be able to feel it, but it would likely just hang lifeless and at the very most twitch a little unless you can find a way for your subconscious brain to understand it.
>>
>>970256
Cont:

When you can teach yourself how to clap your liver and right kidney together out of sheer willpower (yes, they both have nerves), then we'll talk.

The concept is awesome, but the practice and ability to make it work is far from evident.
>>
>>970256
>Not trying to be a dick here
>kid

Not him, but you'd sound a whole lot more professional and not come across as a dick in any sense if you just left 'kid' out of that.
>>
>>970260
Just to inform you kid, I call everyone that's younger than me "kid", I have a friend born 18 days after me I call kid, he's 52.

The two people I commented on prior have the demeanor of someone in their teens to early twenties, and by your lack of knowledge of others that call people kid or gramps/old man as well means you are likely untraveled or under 30 yourself...

If any of you happen to be older than 52 then feel free to correct me, but otherwise it's simply part of my upbringing and vocabulary.

"Kid", as you seem to take offense to, was not what I was referring to, but it's nice to see people still come to conclusions without thinking things through, it's a wonder humans aren't extinct yet
>>
>>970256
You're correct that Alien hand syndrome is a symptom of faulty signal continuity between brain hemispheres. However, please review studies more recent than the 1980s on left-right brain function. The oft-repeated notion that one side or the other is associated with one type of thinking has been repeatedly debunked by more modern neuroscience.
>>
>>970150
because neither the smart nor the strong will be deciding what that is by definition.
>>
>>970269
I didn't think an older gentleman like yourself would bother visiting 4chan with all the idiocy and ignorance flying about. /diy/ is probably the most tame board in both of those aspects, but I really have to respect the fact that you'll put up with it and display your patience. Calling someone a 'kid' just isn't something I've heard throughout my life so it came across as a bit condescending —pretty justified in this case— but that's probably a good thing once in a while anyway.
>>
File: 1405815404413.jpg (119KB, 900x706px) Image search: [Google]
1405815404413.jpg
119KB, 900x706px
>>970150
MEGA STROG!
>>
File: attempt2.png (70KB, 1260x814px) Image search: [Google]
attempt2.png
70KB, 1260x814px
bump for incoming /x/
>>
>>970862
Do we get a tldr for this fucking thread or should I assume
>>970606
Is the question I have been brought here for?
>>
>>970862
ok well then thanks /x/

and there you have your answers on why though some stuff is possible, no were not evolved enough as a mass to fiddle with it with cautious care.
>>
>>964814
>discover a method to grow any type of cell in vitro
>let's make beef
'Murica

This type of setup is completely inefficient for growing muscle tissue. The best way to do that is still to use a real living animal.

However I can see a lot of possibilities for growing hormone producing cells.
Being able to produce Insulin, Testosteron, Estrogen and HGH would be pretty amazing.
Put a bunch of Leydig cells into matrix, add a nutrient solution and lutropin and you should get a nice steady supply of testosteron.
/fit/fags pay top bucks for that stuff.
>>
>>970862
> https://youtu.be/HNLPXzlz6-I
> https://youtu.be/8YmLWnQGZhQ
Thoughts on these vids?
Would something like that actually be possible?
It doesn't look edited and you can clearly see the "thing" move.
>>
>>971056
Before there was live birth there was the egg, the free zygote is maleable. For show you may take a zygote of a shark (a animal that does live birth and egg, and place in a chicken egg, it will develop some of the time. It is not viable. Maybe a ostrich egg. A fast growing incomplete when born mammal may be possible in an egg, havent tried. Maybe it would need a blood filtration support system and a snip of placenta to grow on. To what end?
>>
>>971212
Fresh eggs from the chicken are still 'alive' ones from the store not nessisarily robust enough for experimentation.
>>
>>971212
Even if you are met with success you will have a sad point where the egg is too small to contain the embyro, the blood network have eaten all the yolk and the embryo sick fighting for and against the strange substances feeding and killing it.
>>
>>971215
But if you make your sickly homunculus remember to not be so greedy as to shine light on it to watch it grow. The eyes need dark to develop peoplerly. Else your milky eyed thing look up at you by sensation of love and betrayal alone.
>>
>>964814
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddGR7YKuN-I
Hah. Hello chironex; I saw this thread an immediately went "didn't I see a forum post about this a little while ago".

Very interesting to see your real-world results. I'm curious as to if there are any special considerations or methods needed for more massive samples, or if it's just a matter of time. IE, instead of an apple slice, a peeled apple or even one with the skin remaining.

And really, i'm a LOT more interested in the requirements and process of re-growing tissue in the new empty scaffold. I haven't had time to look into that, so I'm pretty much completely blind to that aspect.
>>
File: gfusion.png (1MB, 1095x742px) Image search: [Google]
gfusion.png
1MB, 1095x742px
Would some type of Fungus be useed for scaffolding?
>>
File: IMG_20160404_194905.jpg (1MB, 3120x4208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160404_194905.jpg
1MB, 3120x4208px
fungusfag here.
competing with this epic shitposting, "I put an egg in vinegar" OP.

I made tissue culture on malt extract agar of shiitake mushrooms I bought from the store. accidentally grew some penicillin in the process.

jar in the background is fully colonized grainspawn.
>>
>>972483
interesting, tell me more..
>>
>>972492
cut out the centre of the stem, place in agar. I made five jars, 4 infected, one barely had any living tissue because the mushrooms were so old and had been stewing in the moist packaging.

a spore print costs as much as 35$ or more from a fungus supply store. this cost me 5$ for the pack of mushrooms, 10c for a razor blade and 1$ worth of MEA from china.

but i now have a commercial isolated strain of shiitake mycellia that I can expand. I will use sterile buffer solution and syringes(lel subsidized by gomunism for junkies) to make culture syringes and inject this into grain spawn which I can then just add to wood chips or use to make spawn plugs to infect some hardwood logs in my backyard.
>>
>>972493
or if you want an isolate on agar growers will sell you a plate for 300$. because it takes weeks to isolate a strain and many passes using a lvl 3 biology workstation to isolate a strain. so for 6$ I did alright.
>>
>>972494
that shit sounds intetesting, I'll have to read a bit about fungi it seems
>>
>>972527
compared with beef, which is about 6% biologically efficient ie it takes a kilo of hay to make 60g of beef, oyster mushrooms can be as much as 200% biologically efficient. meaning you can grow 2kg of mushrooms from a kilo of substrate.
>>
>>964814
I want to ask a question but according to the rules of /diy/ it's not allowed.
>>
>>972483
but it's not cool looking xDDDDD

shitty thread populated by literal 16yos but I admire their curiosity.

how, does one, use a cellulose scaffold to grow new tissue?

I'm a bit more interested in fungus because that's legit from nothing where opie seems to just be soaking things in alcohol/vinegar.

no offence but i feel this is the "free energy/overunity" bullshit of the chemistry world.
>>
File: anthraxBanthbloodagar.jpg (35KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
anthraxBanthbloodagar.jpg
35KB, 400x277px
>>972537
basically this
>>972493
only instead of malt extract as the food source, you use cow blood as the food. blood agar is extremely dangerous.
pic related: anthrax growing on cow blood agar.
>dont breathe this
>>
File: CGJnO90UYAAxlI0.jpg (8KB, 218x255px) Image search: [Google]
CGJnO90UYAAxlI0.jpg
8KB, 218x255px
>>972539
>how do i DIY allahu ackbar
>>
>>972532
sounds neat, but what can you use mushrooms for apart from eating?
>>
File: big-lebowski-2.jpg (80KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
big-lebowski-2.jpg
80KB, 1024x576px
>>972572
incoherent dream sequences
>>
>>972572
and while we're on that topic, if you're suggesting growing bone or leather for materials, did you know that less than 2% of corn grown in the USA is sweetcorn? the corn you buy in the store. the rest is animal feed, used to make flour, plastic or burnt for fuel. hell even horse shit is processed for its high cellulose content to make plastic.
>>
>>972572
thats the statement. you missed it. to gain yourself a single meat berry for whim generations of rabbit must be perverted and die as stated previous, this person is talking about sustainable slightly more useful weird. various mold and bacteria or alge have interdependent relationships, artificially making a lichen that produces something medically useful out of sunlight might be possible. because that is what lichens do.
>>
>>972572
I remember hearing something about mycodiesel a few years ago, but I have no idea if they've made any progress.
>>
>>972751
fungus derived fuel? wait does this posit a highly flammable mushroom? Mario cosplay will never be the same.
>>
>>972483
So you put fungus in sugar water? See how you can oversimplify pretty much anything? That's why it's not a good way to make a point.
>>
>>964814
Would these be edible after a thorough rinsing? If so one could strip produce items then soak them in what would amount to something between a marinade and brine to make super-pickles.
>>
>>972984
i wonder if their just the frame they could be flavored with something else, you could have strawberry slices that taste like ham. maybe a while strawberry shortcake thing that tastes like a corn'd beef sandwich or something.
>>
File: oyster basket print.jpg (63KB, 413x305px) Image search: [Google]
oyster basket print.jpg
63KB, 413x305px
>>972960
show me a culture of bovine tissue and I'll rescind.
hell, try to culture fungus and see how simple it is.
I hear a guy i hated from highschool built a whole fruiting chamber last year trying to edge into the business but his logs just kept turning into piles of sludge.

I just laughed.
>>
>>964814
dat horrible carnival music! straining to watch your otherwise amazing vid. please no more bg music.
>>
File: 1458614594757.gif (2MB, 400x263px) Image search: [Google]
1458614594757.gif
2MB, 400x263px
>>973033
You seem to be a fun gi.
>>
>>966197
Buy a calf feed it until it's fat, slaughter it, butcher it, cut steaks from preferred joints, cook, serve on a plate, bon appetite
>>
Apparently no fun allowed here or you'll get banned
>>
>>971249
Bigger tissues are way more complex and take a lot more time. I've been working on a full strawberry for almost a month now and it's still not done. Without slicing it, it takes forever for the cells to come out.
Animal tissues were even harder and required a bunch of extra washes with different solutions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaZZH_EcSXQ
>>
>>974277
did you eat the heart? what did it taste like?
>>
>>972984
While they'd probably be edible, they'd taste like nothing and they get pretty tough once you dehydrate them in the alcohol. May be better if you soak them in brine as you say but still probably pretty meh. The process removes anything that would taste good. It'd be like eating marinated wood.
>>972991
What could be cool is dipping them in a warm agar solution with flavour added. If you could get it to soak into the tissue it would almost be cell-like so it should be tasty.
>>
>>974280
Haven't done a heart yet. Did a liver and there's not a chance im eating that. Nor would I eat the heart. For the amount of time it takes to make one of these, I'd never eat a decelled organ. Not unless you've grown something amazing into it. Like if you were to replace the cells with the cells from a banana or something derpy i'd try it. mmmm banana hearts
>>
>>972539
plz no
>>
>>974284
Wait, inverse this meat berry idea. Can you make a strawberry steak? Strawberry cells on a meat frame?
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.