[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I know you guys are into this so I'm beggin for help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: ArduinoUno_R3_Front_450px.jpg (137KB, 450x296px) Image search: [Google]
ArduinoUno_R3_Front_450px.jpg
137KB, 450x296px
So I know you guys are into this so I'm beggin for help.

Me and my step son's dad found some common ground and he bought his son an Aurdino kit and I promised to help him use it. I'm well versed in electrical math and wiring, but I'm not well versed in using an surfing product.

I want to teach him the basics of electoral engineering, but I don't understand this fully. He is 11, but very smart. I have a strong understanding of math and the equations related to the power wheel.

I just need tips on how to teach him. I'm good with PLCs, but otherwise I can barely do basic programming.
>>
This might be a stupid advice, but have you thought about just googling "Arduino projects" and looking to see which ones you find interesting and believe would be of good value to do with him? Then just do the project and teach him along the way.
>>
>>958461
The kit came with a book, but Even the first circuit didn't work. I'll Google it, but I want his first project to be a succes.
>>
>>958459
>good with PLCs
>barely do basic programming
does not compute
I mean, if you can handle logic gates why couldn't you handle anything else?

Maybe you should try Verilog and an FPGA instead, it might be more up your alley.
>>
>>958465
Ladder logic is barely considered programming.
>>
>>958463
The first circuit is almost certainly blinking LED. How can it not work?
You don't start learning electronics with a project. Buy a variety of sensors, modules and stuffs, test each out and then you are good to go. Except a few fancy modules, they cost around $1-$3 each.
>>
>>958504
OP here I agree. PICs are pretty much a digitaly simplified form of advanced wiring.

I was the best in my class at it, but that's kind of like saying I'm good at writing html. In really good at simple programming.
>>
>>958541
It was a blinking light, but it didn't work, but the diagram seemed off to me. It looked like it wasn't a complete circuit. I tried to complete it, but That didn't work either.
>>
>>958463
the breadboard voltage supply lines may be switched in polarity. I enjoyed this as it made it a "challenge".
>>
>>958463
You need to download the arduino software from the site and program the arduino.
an arduino is just an atmel microcontroller on a breakout board.
also what the fuck are "surfing products" and "the power wheel"
>>
>>958918
Asking the important questions. Is OP ESL?
>>
>>958459
Step 1: Get an arduino micro. the ATMEGA32U4 is nice because you can do stuff with mouse an keyboard, which is a very real, tangible thing.
Step 2: Get him into 4chan. After a while he will realize that shitposts are necessary for survival.
Step 3: Code an arduino shitpost generator using the keyboard library. If a button is pressed, it types a random shitpost into whatever text box the cursor is in.This project is infinitely expansible. For example: a relay and bluetooth wifi reseter so he doesn't even need to get up to ban evade, or an OpenCV Catchasolver.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit

Seriously though, start with easy stuff. If statements, LEDs, maybe motors. No 555s, no ICs of any kind unless he asks for it.

Start with a binary clock. That's pretty easy to make and program with delay() and a bunch of LEDs. You might need to pulse them at a high rate to avoid drawing too much power, but LEDs are on, off, and hard to screw up.
>>
>>959468
Steve, I'm glad to see you got your shitposter bot up and running.
>>
File: Snippet.png (12KB, 510x315px) Image search: [Google]
Snippet.png
12KB, 510x315px
>>959474
It's a work in progress.
>>
>>959484
Nice progress, be sure to keep us updated!
Can if function in its current state?
>>
>>958459
>my wife's son maymay

/g/ is that you?
>>
>>958918
>the power wheel
I'm pretty sure OP means pic related
>>
>>959484
No shitcoding please. Store the shitposts in an array and do Keyboard.print(shitpost[random]);
>>
>>958504
This.
>>
>>958459
OP is a cuck! KEK!
>>
>>
>Me and my step son's dad found some common ground
>my step son's dad
thx for the laughs based /g/entooman, now get back to your pepe infested containment board >>>/g/
>>
>>959613
>>959484
lol this is how I code too. Thank god I didnt go to school for this and it isnt my job.
>>
>>958459
>step sons dad
This is actually better than my wife's son
>>
>>958459
Easy is always best when starting out. Do LEDs, and make the project expandable, so after doing on thing, he can move on and learn the next thing,
>>
File: Arduino_circuit_01_01.png (262KB, 1473x1206px) Image search: [Google]
Arduino_circuit_01_01.png
262KB, 1473x1206px
>>958624

No a complicated circuit Op.

Program switches on and off voltage from the pin passing through to ground.
>>
>>958459
>step son

So he's your wife's son?
>>
Bump because I can
>>
File: 1431506895479.jpg (61KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
1431506895479.jpg
61KB, 500x329px
>>959474
>>959484
>there is a second group independantly making a shitpost bot on one of 4chan's communities
We have achieved convergent evolution. The last group was a banned splinter group of a subcommunity of one of the smaller boards.
And the guy who invented the thing actually managed to get banned on the leniently moderated hideout site that they were using.
>>
File: hqdefault (18).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (18).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>958459
>electoral engineering
so you want to make voting machines?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.