[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post categories of tools where quality doesn't matter so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 39

File: 8.jpg (188KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
188KB, 800x533px
Post categories of tools where quality doesn't matter so you should just get the cheapest ones you can get.

For example: Sockets. Your typical Harbor Freight sockets will last you just as long and work just as well as the Snap-On equivalent and as such, it would take a tremendous idiot to pay the Snap-On surcharge.
>>
And here's an example of a tool category precisely opposite of sockets: Saw blades. Better quality saw blades have such improved cutting performance and leave such a finer finish on work, that it's easily worth paying 3x more for the quality stuff.
>>
File: 1440452415818.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1440452415818.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>951380
lol ya ok I can see you have never had to work with your hands a day in your life
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (63KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
63KB, 446x400px
>>951383
>"You spent HOW MANY days worth of pay on those sockets?"
>>
>>951380
crowbars.....
>>
>>951382
You can save the money and invest that little into sand paper? - I may be wrong.
>>
>>951380
Sidchrome socket sets 1/4" drive and 1/2" both very capable sets. Ill admit i dont use them constantly but for my requirements they perfect, also i have to agree with this guy >>951383 if you want the good reliable gear you gotta spend the coin and where i am anyway you claim all tool purchases for work on tax so its win win i guess
>>
File: Nz0z8.jpg (42KB, 290x320px) Image search: [Google]
Nz0z8.jpg
42KB, 290x320px
>>951391
Yup, as if you're going to sand all this out..
>>
File: KN0902ap2_341.jpg (18KB, 341x200px) Image search: [Google]
KN0902ap2_341.jpg
18KB, 341x200px
One place where it is wise to spend a bit more: Cutting tools, or any hand tool with machined teeth.

The cheap stuff skimps out on the hardening/grade of steel and this almost always is the point of failure. I like Knipex pliers. You can grip on Grade 8 fasteners for years and the teeth will still look perfect.
>>
>>951393
Agreed a lot of work needed done there.. but its a case of working out what's more cost-effective I guess.
>>
>>951393

Tearout supports? Don't crosscut?
>>
>>951384
Mechanics are more like

>you have spent thousands of dollars on your project car
>you and your future families livelihood the next 25 years depend on these tools
>spend the money on a real wrench set, especially since the tool trucks let you buy on a payment plan.

Also the inevitable verbal beating you would get when you have stop working and ask to borrow someone elses tools when your cheaply made harbor freight stuff fails.

The only "tremendous idiot" is the person who actually thinks the low end harbor freight tools actually stand up to daily use.
If you buy the relatively new higher end taiwanese Harbor Freight stuff, it costs the same or more than Craftsman shit does. Defeats the purpose of OP being the biggest jew you can.
>>
>>951389
you cleary never had a cheapass crowbar break and shoot metal splinters in your face
>>
>>951380
I broke a 10mm socket out of a "Hyper Tough" walmart socket set that was gifted to me.
I went and grabbed a better socket, I then proceeded to strip the pawls in the ratchet.
>>
>>951380
Sounds to me like you went out and bought whatever socket set to do some quick work on your car/bike/house. And i dont blame you. But look in any mechanic's tool box. Anything he/she finds themselves using everyday will probably be a top-tier brand. Anything else that might be used for a random job that comes up only once in a while will probably be harbor freight or something.
>>
>>951393

Use masking/painters tape and put a strip of tape down and around the line/edge you have to cut. Takes a bit of time to set up but you won't end up with any blow out next time. Works great when you have to cross-cut. Old school cabinetmaker trick.
>>
>>951391
i find almost no quality differences in sandpaper.
if the grit is on the paper im good
>>
>>951380
Only cheap shit I buy for use on the job are disposable shit like safety glasses, ear plugs, t-shirts, and zip ties (never pay more than $0.05/zip tie, you know who you are) if you expect it to last more than one shift just spend a bit extra to get tools that don't suck balls. I like my sockets to not have machining marks that dig into bolts. I like screw drivers with comfy handles. I like hammers that balance in my hand. If you use it every day cheaping out on it is just fucking yourself. Do you need a snap-on set if you're a /diy/, at h/o/me mechanic? No. But Harbor Freight tools are the shit you loan an apprentice for his first day on site.
>>
When it comes to tools you get what you pay for. With snap on prices comes not just their quality but their customer support. Maybe you don't wrench for a living, but some of us do. That's who they're meant for.
>>
>>951560
I've been a mechanic for 15 years. The only time I've ever heard anyone say something like this was on the internet. Kids that already bought the shit trying to justify the price. Everyone that's been doing it longer than me regrets buying shit off the tool the tool trucks. You can get by just fine with any tool that has a brand name on the side, not just "taiwan" or something like that. Snap on are the only tools I've ever broken under regulatory use. Anything else I've broken was the "cheap" shit i abused because it was cheaper. I replace broken $300 mac drill bits with ones from the 2$ harbor freight set. Why not? What's gonna happen? They break like the 300$ ones already did? Guess what.. not yet. And snap on prices? Who the fuck do they think they're selling to? Doctors? Lawyers? And then when they go out of business because everyone isn't as dumb as you are and realizes they can buy the shit on amazon for half the price, there's no one to warranty any of it. Trust me, we're on our 2nd snap on guy and the 3rd mac guy already went out of business. On a side note, my fav brand is OTC. Probably best quality for the price.
>>
>>951403

>Don't cross cut

then how the fuck do you get a 12"x32" piece out of a sheet of ply?
>>
File: ricci-photo1-1403fe.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ricci-photo1-1403fe.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
>>951382
I was thinking more about how they can explode into your face.
>>
File: 1454319640085.jpg (95KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1454319640085.jpg
95KB, 500x750px
>>951458
>disposable shit like safety glasses
>>
>>951380
M8 cheap sockets are shit, they'll split on you if the nut needs some welly.
>>
>>951562

Intresting you say this. I use socket sets a moderate amount and have broken a lot of cheap ratchets in the past. Which has made me want to invest in a snap on. Now im not so sure.

As far as things like adjustable spanners and grips go persoanlly i think old stuff is the way to go. High end older tools literally seem to have better build quality than modern counterparts, not to mention the lower price.
>>
>>951600
For a truly indestructible ratchet buy either SK or, my personal favorite, Wright.
>>
>>951562
Post purchase rationalization and they last because they are taking it easy on the tools because they are expensive
This is why snapon is seen as the top brand
>>
>>951576
Max rpm ratings are important
>>
>>951609
Live n learn. There's no way you can talk a young dude outta buying that stuff if they really want it. Don't get me wrong, it is nice shit.. but not nice enough to justify the price.
>>
>>951384
>You spent how many hours getting that bolt out because your shit sockets ruined the head?
>>
>>951562
So you break a ton of snap-on tools under daily wear and tear, so now you buy hand tools from a diagnostic scanner company?

This is quite an interesting post.

>>951609
>they last because they are taking it easy on the tools because they are expensive

This is the worst justification I have EVER heard for shitting on box truck tools.
If you were actually a mechanic and actually wrenched all day long, you would understand that there is no "being easy" on your daily tools.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 300x147px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 300x147px
Yes, goy. You'll never round over a bolt or break a tool with our $20000 set of Strap On spanners. But you can afford it. Besides, this is how you make money. You are a professional, aren't you?
>>
File: image.png (25KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25KB, 209x200px
PS: Financing is available!
>>
>>951676
>Should I put this 3 foot long cheater bar on my snap on socket wrench?
>naw it was expensive

>should I put this 3 foot long cheaterbar on my hobofreight socket wrench?
>who gives a fuck it was cheap anyway
>>
First buy the cheapest tool.
When they break, replace it with a higher quality tool.
Repeat previous step with every breakage.

The tools you use the most will be the best they need to be.
>>
>>951711
>putting cheater bars on your ratchets
>daily wear and tear
>>
>>951652
Haha. Classic.

You're full of shit, desu. Using the wrong size (ie imperial on metric heads) will strip them. Not using cheap sockets.

Cheap or not, for most, the tolerances are close enough to do the job.

>inb4 snapon

Great if you're running a business and need a lifetime warranty. Otherwise ita just gimmicky marketing wank.

As in regards to OP, I've found routers are generally all the same. I've not been able to warrant £400 on a festool over £50 on a second hand erbauer other than the festoon follows the rails and has a nicer collet.
>>
>>951562
This is some true shit.

Honestly kids. Read this. If you don't agree, more fool you.
>>
>>951722
Smart man

You say the cheap tools tolerances are close enough, yet say that using imperial and metric interchangeably is very bad. Most are less than 1mm of each other.
I guess you have never actually checked the tolerances on these cheap wrenches.
>>
>>951730
Only with a feeler gauge and if you think the tolerance will differ +-1mm, you're either using the wrong size or the wrong measure.

Either way to argue over 1mm it's something you're doing that's wrong, not China.
>>
>>951716
>doing brakes
>flare nut stuck on
>pb blaster everywhere
>tried everything
>cheater bars on vice grips and on wrench
>mfw flare nut broke in half
>mfw other half of flare nut still stuck inside
>>
File: wobstercraw.jpg (99KB, 866x874px) Image search: [Google]
wobstercraw.jpg
99KB, 866x874px
>>951726
What is there to agree with?
A guy pretending that he breaks some of the highest build quality tools with regular wear and tear, then he goes off and says his favorite tool brand is a company that sells diagnostic tools and bottle jacks?
They dont even fucking sell hand tools.

And if he did break the tool, they will hand you a new tool on the truck that day or ship you a new one in the mail free of charge.

And its not just the evil Snap-On brand.
Its MAC, Matco, Cornwell, Wright, Armstong and any other number of premium brands.

He sounds more like a bubba who misuses and abuses cheap tools in his own garage and has never touched a high end tool in his life. He cant fathom buying a 15 piece wrench set for 250$, even though a chinese Craftsman Pro polished set is 90$ with huge crappy chrome and lobster claws from the inferior metal they use.
>>
File: fn5zm1.jpg (113KB, 639x360px) Image search: [Google]
fn5zm1.jpg
113KB, 639x360px
>>951738
Shipping, raw material, labor have all sharply raised in price!
Surely these tools that cost the same as before would never be of an inferior quality!

Im sure the company will eat those costs!
>>
File: pic02957.jpg (51KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
pic02957.jpg
51KB, 640x479px
>>951739
>lobster claw implemented because of the cheaper shittier steel
>still have to deal with lifetime warranty and knew it would have to be bulked up to be reliable
>mfw other chinese wrenches are about the same profile as a premium wrench, but made with the shit steel that a craftsman is

Im sure they will never break with daily use!
Oh boy do I love having these gigantic wrenches to get into tight spaces with!
>>
>>951722
>imperial on metric
I'm in Europe
>inb4 snapon
I'm in Europe
I wonder all the time, how would german stuff like Gedore and Förch compare to this mighty snapon
still, shit wrenches and sockets shit the bed all the time
>>
File: IMG_20141111_210104.jpg (61KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141111_210104.jpg
61KB, 1024x768px
>>951740
Oh boy, have you heard of these newfangled tools?
I hear they put ratcheting box ends on a combination wrench!

Who would need such a thing when you already have a set of Pittsburgh Wrenches!
Good Goy! Good Goy!
>>
>>951745
I'm in England. I don't know what part of Europe you're in but metric hasn't always been the standard here. So I find slot of imperial fixings still.

I also have some snap on I've picked up over the years and it can be bought here.
>>
>>951745
>I wonder all the time, how would german stuff like Gedore and Förch compare to this mighty snapon

Snap-On isnt vastly superior to other high end USA brands, they just happen to be the most popular of the premium tools brands.

Ive never seen Gedore or Förch, but ive felt Wera wrenches before and they were the same as all the big name premium brands. It isnt hard to make premium hand tools if you spend to money doing it the right way.
>>
>>951414
Is the correct answer.

There are tools that you can buy cheap and it doesn't make much of a difference, like dead blow hammers, slide hammers, air chisels, etc....but sockets are not one of them, not if you actually intend to use them properly, which OP obviously doesnt
>>
>>951600
I use sockets and spanners etc on a professional basis. None of the stuff I buy is Snap On. It's overpriced. I do buy decent tools, but stuff that isn't horrifically priced. I use Wera, Bahco, Teng, Gedore, and even some Facom. All of them are much cheaper than Snap On but every bit as good or usually better.

Power tools I use mainly Makita or Bosch, but most of the main brands are OK.
>>
>>951711
>Should I put this 3 foot long cheater bar on my snap on socket wrench?
>naw it was expensive
actually nothing happens because it's not shit and if after you it borks, hey lifetime guarantee and they made with all that shit in mind.

>should I put this 3 foot long cheaterbar on my hobofreight socket wrench?
>who gives a fuck it was cheap anyway
brakes after 2nd time and and after few replacements, it gonna cost same as snap on + future replacements.

there's saying(idk how in proper English): cheap people always pays twice
>>
>>951769
The saying is "buy cheap, buy twice", just so you know, mate.
>>
>>951769
Buy Nice or Buy Twice nigga
>>
Is Snap on overpriced? Fuck yeah. But would I work with Taiwan shit all day?
Well I did it when I was starting out and had no choice.
I wouldn't do it again.
Why hasn't anybody mentioned used tools.
Between ebay, craigslist, pawn shops and flea markets there's tons of decent used stuff out there.
If you're not picky you can find shitloads of Williams of other old US made, off brands that are just as durable as anything anyone is making today. For half the money of Harbor Freight.
And for a little more you can find the nice shiny mac, matco, craftsman or even Snap on used, still pretty cheap.
Yes the Snap on guy is a crook. I know idiots with $200,000 sitting in their toolboxes.
The one that comes by our shop is making enough to take 4 vacations a year. And I mean cruises to the Bahamas and hunting trips in Alaska and shit.
>>
Vice grips
>>
This doesn't strictly apply to tools, but I was taught many years ago to simply buy the best that I could afford and take care of my belongings. I'm no professional, but I've never gone broke.
>>
>>951380
>>
>>951738
Otc sells hand tools you imbecile. I thought your last ignorant post was bad, then you do this one. I can tell you have very little experience "turning wrenches" as you put it. Whatever. I'm not going to argue with you. You buy whatever makes you happy. But in 10 years when you regret it just remember the posts you made here.
>>
>>951560
Hi, local snap on representative! How's your new boat you bought with the money you made selling over priced tools to hard working folk?
>>
>>951774
>>951772
>>951769
You can buy like 10 for the snap on price. Are they worth twice the price? Maybe. 10x... no. Not at all.
>>
Which brand uses the best steel?

Which uses the thickest chrome plating?
>>
>>951380
No. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic and yes sockets do matter. Your HF shit( I own some too btw) is thicker, heavier and doesn't fit as well. Making them unusable in certain applications. e.g HF and other Chinese 8mm sockets failing regularly @25ftlb. Like it or not SnapOn tools are worth the money if you need them.

On the flip side of that, Chinese wrenches over 1.5" are fine for 90% of people. Myself included and I use them daily.
>>
>>951852
SnapOn
>>
>>951855
My 8mm 3/8 snap on socket is literally the tool i have broken the most out of any tool i have ever owned.
>>
>>951864

I wish I could break one. I loose everyone I own in a couple days.

Thing is. I have never lost any other tool ever. Other than a cutlass that got buried under some rubble.

The only tool I have ever truly lost and have spent hours looking for after it dropped. An 8mm socket
>>
you tool casual faggots need to understand a few things

HF tools are shit casual

snapon/mac/matco tools? medium quality to shit

real brands no on a truck- real tools

if you fucking idiots cannot tell the difference between snapon and chinese (hint there is no difference) then you are casual as fuck

if you finance your tools from the snap on crack dealer, you are casual as fuck

HF tools will round your sockets and break
snapon tools will break
thats the difference

the only 2 redeeming quality of a tool truck are the fact that

a) it comes to you at work
b) it has excellent warranty for when it does break
QUALITY tools dont need a fucking gimmick like a travelling sales man with a tool truck
>>
>>951870
I'd rather break it a million times than lose it. They won't warranty it cuz it's lost.. Also dont get me wrong, i love the big name shit i do have. Overpriced or not. Imo there are only 2 kinds of quality- ok, or utter garbage. I'll post pics of no- name brand shit i broke. Pittsburgh is a name brand. This shit will make them look like a treasure.
>>
File: Quality.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Quality.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>951881
This is literal bottom-tier, you-just-broke-your-hand, you need stitches now junk.
>>
File: West germany.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
West germany.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
>>951887
Here's some that are too short to have broken. You can just feel they're brittle. No brand names, "west germany" and "india" ..and the "sears" ones say taiwan.
>>
>>951835
Sticker shock wears off pretty quickly.
15 years down the line when tools are still reliable and being used routinely, why would I regret my purchases?

Buyers remorse because I could have potentially bought something lower quality that you hope would have stood up as well?

The whole fucking point of spending the money in the first place is because you know 15-20 years from now youll still be using it.
>>
>>951859
Fuck.

neways, 6 point vs 12 point? I'm hearing from good authority that today's 12 point sockets are designed in a way so that they don't even contact the points of the bolt at all and are no more likely to round bolts than 6 point.
>>
>>951897
Largely depends on who makes it, but more of a shoulder flank design is being used by most companies.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1043184
>>
>>951898
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57071
>>
File: welding lid.jpg (178KB, 816x706px) Image search: [Google]
welding lid.jpg
178KB, 816x706px
$16 for this one/ ones like it
Does the job perfectly fine.
>>
>>951899
didnt even post the good one

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59707
>>
>>951901
>welding with a fixed shade
>>
>>951894
>15-20 years from now youll still be using it.
You hope.. Still, im not going to argue with you. All my snap on or matco shit are my preferred tools. Is it cuz they cost more? They're shinier? They do feel slightly better? Who knows. Maybe. When i break a craftsman tool i kinda laugh. When my snap on sealed round head skips a tooth, i get palpitations. Even tho i know they'll warranty it if it breaks. Also, i just took a bunch of crap to Sears to get it replaced. I was incredibly disappointed on the severe drop in quality. I had heard they outsourced to China and shit had gone downhill, but didnt believe too much. They have gotten a lot better in the last 10 years or so, but now they're worse than they used to be...
>>
>>951880
you need to do less drugs.
>>
>>951904
all the older welders in my shop do.
>>
>>951904

Yes, yes I do.
>>
>>951908
I guess the hope is, my (mostly) Matco and some Snap-On stuff isnt going to break in the first place, and if a decade from now they do that they dont slip in quality the way Craftsman stuff has.

I dont think for one second that Snap-On or Matco are going to go out of business when you look at their draconian overlord parent companies buying power.
The premium to keep the tools made in the USA and to keep them at a high quality is pretty big, their companies have no qualms about shipping things elsewhere. Look at gearwrench going to china, bahco going to spain, crescent going to china, Williams to china. It wasnt just a outsourcing, it was a definite decrease in quality.

Sears couldnt hack it with the lifetime warranty, and pay for higher materials and labor costs which has hurt them immensely. I can only imagine how much they would have had to raise the cost to keep the profit margins. They went up in price AFTER moving to china.

These companies have a profit margin they are going to get out of you no matter what. Its up to anyone to decide whether the increase in raw material and wages for workers is worth a better tool.
Dont get me wrong, I have mostly Kobalt stuff from when I started. Its perfectly functional, but ive been slowly but surely filling my box with higher quality stuff.
>>
>>951380
Sockets and wrenches are like women.
The cheap ones work just fine, but the nice ones feel so much better in your hand.
>>
File: 1456008385282.jpg (19KB, 480x744px) Image search: [Google]
1456008385282.jpg
19KB, 480x744px
>>951652
Eight. I spent eight fucking hours removing a bolt since getting a drill to it was a PITA.

Pic related
>>
>>952037
nice, that shit sucks.
I once spent about 12 hours trying to get a bolt off that the clip nut had broken off of.
the metal of the clip nut shredded, the head of the nut I (much)later found out was rounded off, and the nut itself was on the bolt at an angle and was put on with an impact, and was seated enough that a number of threads had allready came out of the other end.
this was all in an area that couldn't see shit, and could only get your hand to the other side sideways. a wrench would only fit in you put it in lengthwise into the abyss and then pull it back towards the crack your hand was in.
vice grips I found out could fit in there and pull them shut with weed eater wire, but couldn't get a good enough grip to hold the bolt to the frame.
mfw using a cutoff wheel fractions of an inch from the gas tank at 2 am with noone to call for help

There was so little room that I had to hold the bolt with vice grips and make 4 different cuts at the same length.
>>
>>951855
Snap On are not worth the money at all. Snap On are for pleb tier mechanics that spent more time comparing toolboxes than using their tools.

Yes, cheap Chinese tools are horrific, but 25ftlbs? Come on, bro.

There are many brands that cost half the price of Snap On yet are as good or better. Wera ratchets are far superior, and whilst they're a little pricey they are nowhere near the price of Snap On yet are far tougher.

Ask a quarry/mechanical fitter how many Snap On tools they own and they'll laugh at you.
>>
>>951880
All true
>>
>>952269
don't mean literally snap on, just using snap on = same tier quality tools.
>>
>>952269
Where does everyone get the idea that SnapOn ratchets arent tough?
Its drivel from people who have never used them.
>>
Hammers.

It's a weight on a stick, you don't need name brand.
>>
>>952285
You've never tried a well balanced hammer with quality metal. A good hammer almost swings itself and the metal rings a bit with the impact.
>>
>>952318

When it rings you are loosing energy. That said, I've used just about every size and shape of hammer you can imagine, and I honestly prefer a mini sledge over anything else, I don't care if it swings itself, if I did I would just use a nail gun.
>>
>>952281
Where do people get the idea that snapon ratchets are tough as shit?
its drivel from casuals who dont use them every day

you get what you pay for.

with snapon/tooltrucks, you are paying for the truck service with warranty
>>
>>952372
And because there is a profit margin built in over the raw materials, they are shit?

How is a company going to continue making money by giving out warranty tools over and over?
You think that people would still pay the premium of they broke all the time?

Thats literally a losing business plan, your implications make no sense at all. Fox and the grapes
>>
Will cheap chinese wire strippers and digital multimeters work fine? I'm still new to electronics and don't want to spend a fortune yet.
>>
>>952378
My Kobalt wrenches have lifetime warranties too.

PROTIP: you can actually make a ratchet that won't break on you, or at least uncommon enough for a company to amortize a lifetime guarantee, for less than the cost of a car payment
>>
>>952378
i already explained what they sell
they sell a truck service and financing

they dont make ratchets made of plastic and glass sockets. but you dont get the quality of tool you pay for (because you arent paying for tools). and they dont all break all the time always everything. only the ones you use every day

10,12,13,16,19,21 everything else in between they wont have to replace because why the fuck do i need an 11mm socket except if i dont want to get a 7/16th

dude its fine if you buy from the crack dealer, its easy as shit hes there every week. but you can get better tools delivered for a better price through your automotive parts supplier. napa (i dont usually bump napa) sells name brand tools, lower end lines but name brand none the less.
>>
File: 20160225.jpg (3MB, 2749x2978px) Image search: [Google]
20160225.jpg
3MB, 2749x2978px
>>952383
Go on, keep telling me how awesome your Kobalt ratchet is, and how its such a great deal at 30$

Ill tell you about an 80$ ratchet that I have been using daily for the last 4 years. I work on toyota engines that are in fork lifts.

Do you want to know why that Kobalt ratchet looks like its never been used?
It started skipping after the first time I used it. The kobalt are my car tools, I did a starter change in a parking lot.

The physical feel of the two is pretty immense.

>>952402
You are paying for higher wages and higher cost raw material because of where its made.

It may be diminishing returns, but to pretend the tool isnt superior in quality shows how you have never used them.
>>
>>951458
of all the things to trust to harbor freight... don't let them be your go to for eye protection...
>>
>>952405
>broke after first use
different anon here, I have a kobalt ratchet and Ive used it for a number of jobs, master cylinder, starter, fuel tank, change tires, Ive used a cheater bar on it for half of those and it still works fine.
>>
>>952285
you've obviously never framed up a house with mjolnir... damn nails jump in the wood out of respect
>>
>>952330
can't demo concrete block with a nail gun.
>>
>>952405
dude, you need to remember to turn your snapon ratchet off when your not using it. otherwise it uses up all of it's potentions.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 469x463px
>"Feel" is an important factor in determining a tool's ability to remove nuts
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 600x800px
>a Craftsman ratchet wouldn't last me a day. I need Strap On to get the job done.
>>
>You ask why I went into debt to get my Strap On tools? It's simple. My time is valuable.
>>
Buy a cheep harbor freight set. Replace each thing with craftsman or snap on when it breaks.
>>
>>952452
make me nigger
>>
>>952381
You're probably safe with hand tools but I'd avoid bottom tier insulated stuff. Get a good meter, though; cheap units are for hobbyists at best.
>>
>>952269
>Snap On are not worth the money at all. Snap On are for pleb tier mechanics that spent more time comparing toolboxes than using their tools.
This x10. You ever notice the guys that spend the most on tools seem to know the least about fixing things?
>>
>>952281
I have a shit ton of ratchets. Snap on, matco, mac, craftsman.. they're all equally junky. The matco one broke the least. The craftsman the most, but that's the one i use the most. And the only one i put pipes on. The snap on got a rubber coated handle, so i only use it when my hands are clean. Which is never. My brother has the same one and the shit all swelled up and peeled from oil. The guy won't warranty it. Says it's "not broken". The mac one is the most worthless, it broke and the guy went out of business. So it just sits in the drawer. 150$ piece of scrap metal.
>>
>>952430
> totally missing the point
>>
i would suggest staying away from harbor freight angle grinders, i have seen more than a few of them short out and catch on fire, both inside the case and just the cord
>>
>>952520
>>951380
mfw my grandpa swears by harbor frieght because of how cheap everything is. he knows its shit but just doesnt care
>>
>>951432
I've had a few cheap ratchets come apart on me in various ways.
>>
>>952269
I could ask one of the other 30 mechanics I work with about their SnapOn tools. I work at the largest intermodal yard in the US on the biggest overhead intermodal cranes in the world. Mechanics at my yard make about 100k a year and most of them are very good at what they do. We are,by a large margin, the highest paid mechanics employed by the rail because we do a good job. That being said we have no time for bullshit or broken tools. Myself and others use what works. Period. If we did otherwise we'd lose our jobs. I'm not some take it easy quarry mechanic, If a crane brakes hooked to a train and I can't get it off in 15-45min they will literally drag it with them on their way out.
If my SnapOn tools and service keep me working I buy them and move on. If cheap tools work: Great! I save money.
Anyone boo hooing real SnapOn (no rebrands and licensed shit) than they are not in a position were tools working well = livelihood. Yes SnapOn tools are grossly expensive but you pay for warranty, quick repair and hassle free returns/replacement. To me $150 is fine for a ratchet that works great and gets replaced on site when I break it.

And yes craftsman, HF, Kobalt 8mm have all been broken by me when attached to a 3/8th torque wrench and they did it at approx 25ft-lbs. don't believe me? I don't care, your opinion doesn't change what's happened.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Here's a pic of the 3/8ths drawer of my small toolcart at home so people can get ass blasted.

The work box is full of beat up junk and handmade tools all lovingly covered in grease.
>>
>>952603
Nice setup dude.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Pliers and other bullshit
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Some drivers and assorted crap
>>
>>952607
Thank you, this is the stuff I use when messing around at home. I use them rarely because I'm at work most of the time but I take good care of them and will give them to grandkids some day.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Salvaged Lyon workbench that is horribly disorganized. Also my in mounted newly acquired Wilton vise.
>>
Sockets and ratchets don't matter unless you use them.

I've gone through 6 ratchets, two breaker bars and an impact socket in the last two years.

The only surviving ratchet is a snap on that my brother got me for my birthday.

It survived the 5 foot cheater bar when all the others exploded, stripped the gears or sheared the drive off.

Classic cars with rusted bolts are a pain in the ass.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Measuring tools and catch all drawer
>>
>>951772
>>951774
>>951769

Uhh, you guys know that Harbor Freight has a lifetime warranty on their hand tools as well right? You aren't buying twice at all. The other arguments still stand and are valid and all, but HF will replace any old crap no questions asked.

>>951908
Yeah, I know what you mean about the Craftsman stuff. Some HF stuff feels better than the Craftsman equivalents nowadays, most notably the ratchets.

>>952405
Snapon ratchet really are great. Barely any drag at all. Tons of clicks though nowadays even cheapo ratchets have a lot.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
All housed in this which was purchased because it fit the space I had available and it offered the drawer options I needed. It retailed for about 4x what a similar width Chinese cart would have and I am glad I bought this one. The cheaper alternatives didn't offer the drawer depth and height.Also,I own every tool and piece of equipment in my possession.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
And here's a drawer of reasonably priced tools in a reasonably priced box. It all works fine, not as nice as my SnapOn and Matco stuff but it works. Also, my Matco guy warrantees my gear wrench stuff for me.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
More cheap tools that work. Tekton sockets are the best dirt cheap sockets I've used. Their 3/4" stuff cannot be beat for the price. Fluke meters are the only option that makes sense if you really use your stuff. If you're gonna spend a lot do it on your testing and measuring tools.
>>
>>952269
>are many brands that cost half the price of Snap On yet are as good or better. Wera ratchets are far superior, and whilst they're a little pricey they are nowhere near the price of Snap On yet a

Wera ratchets far superior? I think what you mean to say is " I like Wera ratchets more than SnapOn".
I own over a thousand dollars worth of Wera tools and I love their drivers and hex keys. Their ratchets are OK, I like the satin chrome finish,the mechanism is decent but you're being silly if you think you can claim they are "far superior" to SnapOn. I'd label Wera ratchets as inferior to SnapOn based on ergonomics and mechanism.

Wera Ratchets:They feel fine and they work until they break.

SnapOn Ratchets: They feel great and they work until they break.
>>
>>952598
That post comes across as kinda shitty and poorly worded. I apologize for that. I posted that from my phone after a frustrating night at work.

My point was: In my experience (26yrs working with hand and power tools professionally) SnapOn tools (wrenches,sockets,ratchets,extensions in particular) are nicer tools (quality,feel,durability,etc.) than lower priced tools. Sometimes they are worth it other times they are not. It depends on your application.
>>
>>951730
NUMB NUTS i wouldn't even use a 1" socket on a 25mm bolt, for two reasons the stamping die makes the sockets (i have found) slightly over size, while the bolt head is slightly under size, second that 0.4mm makes a huge difference in fit and feel.
Protip: test fit all mating tools by hand and judge the quality of the fit, then adjust when necessary.
I personally skimp on Allen keys (measured with calipers first) have found Bondhus to be true to spec, and screwdrivers (mid tier quality) as soon as they show significant wear in the bin they go and replaced.
>>
>>952598
I would rather use Gedore or Wera, at least as good quality but a lot less money. They don't break, and I'm a heavy plant fitter.

Nobody is saying Snap On aren't great, they are, but they're overpriced just because they're made in the US....Who gives a fuck where they're made when it's the quality and strength that counts.
>>
>>952651
**in your opinion.
>>
>>951449
Hey thanks anon, that's actually really helpful
>>
>>952598
>SnapOn tools are grossly expensive but you pay for warranty, quick repair and hassle free
My local snap on guy hasn't been to the shop for 7 years. He's still around, i see him driving around all the time. When he did come he'd grief about warranties. Last time i saw him he took tools from my brother for warranty. Never came back. We can't get a new snap on dealer, because it's "his area" or some shit. The mac guy has been gone for 10 yearsnm. So personally, the warranty is pointless. I just buy 3 from Lowes or wherever, still save some $, and go warranty them on my own when one breaks.
>>
>>952632
Air Force machinist here, I have to say those wrenches made me have ptsd flashbacks of having to de-rust entire kits of tools that came out of storage looking like that.
fuck that shit.
>>
>>953012
Shit you're bring back flashbacks of when I had to electronicaly check out tools to you enlisted boys when I worked in a maintenance hangar.

>having to ask the summer job teenage military brat for tools and T.O. Books.
>>
>>952636
>cheap tools
channel lock oil filter wrenches are a godsend
>>952632
gearwrench 120xp flex head wrenches are the best. They are my go to over Craftsman and Snap on, and any other ratchet I have.
>>
>>951394
>>951394
Can someone suck this guys cock for letting the world know what I wish I would have figured out decades ago?! ALL cutting untensils, not sharpeners or the aerated attachment you attach to your Homoerotic sybian to cut the Christmas turkey with ur boyfriend people... These include snips as shown paper machete swing arms and boards. Scissors.. I fucking has scissors cause I love fiskArs. The money averages out trust me. Even down to fuckin pizza cutters... = the difference between flinging your whole fresh munch on ur filthy ass floor or cuttin a slice of pipin hot pie so smooth that Barry should be behind you goin @ohhhhh yeah, you feel that? Nice huh@
>>
>>951424
Pics or it didn't happen. You sure you weren't balls deep in a prison break marathon?
>>
>>953012
There is no rust on the wrenches. They care constantly covered in AW32 or UTF so it's hard for them to rot.. Thats red paint. It helps me easily identify my tools from co-workers and it lets me know which wrenches I use more often so I can buy back-ups.
>>
>>952719
Well, I didn't link to a scientific study or any form of purely objective analysis so I assumed people would get that it's my opinion. As far as I can tell this whole thread consists entirely of peoples opinions.
>>
>>951394
Oh, and speaking of very high quality pliers, let's talk about the Nejisaurus-Rx pliers. These things have succeeded where screw extractors turned with tap wrenches have failed, because the teeth are hardened and machined second to none and mutilate the sides of any screw they can wrap around while the pivot is designed to accept twisting loads unlike other pliers, which makes them truly durable.

Basically it's a set of Klein lineman pliers with special teeth that saved my ass more than once and for that, these are my favorite pliers. Also they are made in Japan and has kawaii robot dinosaurs on the packaging. Fucking buy these.
>>
>>953171
I have a pair of the smaller ones, they feel ok and work alright.

They have their use, but im not impressed enough to buy the large ones too. A bit expensive for what they are.
>>
>ctrl +f soldering iron
>no results
If you buy a cheap soldering iron you're a glutton for punishment. Got a Hakko this year. Cost a fortune. Worth every penny.
>>
>>953171
confirmed. i have a pair of the same but smaller older black ones. great for removing rusted in stripped computer screws which is what I used to use it for.
>>
>>953181
This, but i wouldn't call $100 a fortune, but I bought my Hakko 936 about 10 years ago.
If you do a lot of soldering it's the best money you'll ever spend.
>>
>>953177
How dare you invalidate my opinion you troglodyte. jk.

What did you find deficient about them? They're meh until they save your ass. Just let them save your ass bro.
>>
I have recently started me 2nd year as a Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic and i need to start purchasing tools. I have some basic tooling and they're all SP brand. Should i start buying snapon tools when i need them or wait until im further into my trade?
>>
>>951735
if you had of used a flare nut spanner and then the vice grips to clamp it on the nut, it would have come off properly.
>>
File: 1316273325356.png (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1316273325356.png
13KB, 200x200px
>see this thread
>all my tools are from Ikea
Feels bad to be poor
>>
for a basic soldering station is it okay to just go for a hakko 936 clone (thay're like 40$ now, even lower), or should i save up for like a 100$ station?
>>
>>951810

once you have used some good razors from someone like Martor you will realize cheap razors are in fact not razor blades but instead bits of pot metal someone took a grinder to.

Funny part is they cost like 4x as much but they are still cheap and last at least 4x as long so a 10 pack lasts for ever.
>>
>>953246
Depends how basic your needs are but after a quick look at what it can do, this will provide most of your needs. I'm assuming you're just getting started in the hobby and just need your first soldering iron. I started with just a $10 iron for basic thru-hole components.
You only really need a super expensive station if it's gonna be on for a 8 hour work day, for years.
>>
>>951730
So what manufacturers do it right? I know Proto has the proper geometry on their sockets.
>>
>>953285
well i have a 10$ iron with temp adjustment, and it's serving me well for my needs. it's just that i want a better iron, so i'm looking for an excuse to burn some 30$ for like half a step up, and i'm answering my own question now, ain't i...
>>
>>953420
If you do any surface mount soldering, get the hakko clone.
If they are even half as good as the real one it's worth it, assuming it doesn't break.
>>
>>953241
>ikea tools
What would that be?
>>
File: mother_of_god.jpg (61KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
mother_of_god.jpg
61KB, 500x349px
>>953593
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwosZUJM63U
>>
>>953595
>talking about his life
>stupid fucking accents when he says european words
>commenting on random shit like the nationality of IKEA

I mean, fucking really? Couldn't watch more than 30 seconds of that shit.
>>
>>953771
dude.
>any year
>not liking AvE
>>
>>953595
>CE mark
>chinese export tag

Is this guy fucking retarded?
>>
>>953773
He thinks that CE marking means 'chinese export'. Confirmed for fucking moron.

Why would I like this retard?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking
>>
>>953595
>30 minutes
fuck me. he should cut his shit down to <5m instead of bitching for half an hour.
>>
>>953595
>chooch
What the fuck does this mean and why does he use this word for everything?
>>
>>951403
>don't crosscut
Oh damn, you broke my brain
>>
File: buttout.png (156KB, 1271x716px) Image search: [Google]
buttout.png
156KB, 1271x716px
>>953775
>>953777
>>
>>953787
Where do I buy one of these?
>>
ITT: Nobody from Canada.

Mastercraft best tools, period.

>Always on sale
>Like, 400 piece set for less then $100
>Buy 2 for backups, and have X50 the sockets compared to Snap-on sets
>Break something? Exchange it on your way home at Canadian Tire to the girls behind the counter who don't give a shit.

The only Snap-on tool I would consider buying would be their ratchets for dat 72 tooth ratcheting
>>
>>953777
No, he doesn't really think that CE means "China Export", he was joking/referencing on the fact that SOMETIMES CE meant "China Export", and it's a problem in EU, because you can find a really similar mark that indeed doesn't certificate shit and it's sticked on really bad imported stuff. AvE is a "smart" guy and it's fun to watch, but you never take the literal meaning of what he says, read between the lines.
>>
>>954037
>AvE is a "smart" guy and it's fun to watch, but you never take the literal meaning of what he says, read between the lines.

"IchibanMoto" is another one that is hilarious for the people that take it seriously.
>>
>>954040
Sure. IchibanMoto is better in that sense because he's more subtle. Many mechanics friends I have, especially the ones that have no sense of humor goes absolutely anal when I show them the videos, but he does regular mechanics videos "with a twist", AvE on the other end, sometimes does really interesting things, it's the jargon and somehow the attitude that puts people off, but, again, if you have no humor it can't be your thing.
>>
>>952636
fluke is great, not knocking them, but personally I prefer fieldpiece generally a better match for any hvac related stuff
>>
>>953797
most sporting goods/ hunting stores.. . they're originally for deer/ other large mammals
>>
>>953213
>(You
The wrench WAS a flare nut wrench.
This was about 20 years of being exposed to the elements in the rustbelt of america.
I never said that the nut rounded, I mean it literally broke in half.
>>
>>952603
how much did you spend on all the contents of that box+the box yo?
>>
>>951712
And you'll only have spent twice as much as the most expensive tools!
>>
>>954037
I'm glad you took the trouble to explain that to these fucking retards, as I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

You're doing god's work, son.
>>
>>951458
>never pay more than $0.05/zip tie, you know who you are
This depends greatly on intended. Zip ties I use range in price from $0.01 to $12.50 a piece.
>>
>>954292
Okay I was being stupid. The $12.50 a piece aren't zip ties even when they look 100% like that. However those are used to secure heavy cargo on steel pallets. The markings tell that those should withstand 4000 lbs and are made from stainless steel and are about 2 inch wide. But the locking mechanism is 100% the same as in smaller zip ties.
>>
>>952405
Those ratchets are so beautiful I'd fuck them.
>>
Drift pin punches. It's like every time I use one it either bends to hell or snaps. If I found a vintage set at a yard sale I would buy in a heart beat. There's no more of a direct battle between shit steel and good steel.
>>
Just pulled an engine that's been sitting in a car for almost 20 years and tore it down with Husky brand tools and Pittsburgh brand hydraulic lift and stand. Everything still works. Tell me again why I should pay 5x the price for Snap On tools that do the job no better than Hong Kong Phooey tools.

The only time I could justify buying the equivalent of designer tools is if I were surrounded by old timers that made me feel insecure about my tools.
>>
>tfw bought Wiha screwdriver bits only because they were literally the only set on Amazon that had every size of every type for electronics
Every other set always had duplicates of sizes I didn't give a shit about.
>>
>>954530
I normally stay out of this shit, but here we go.

Paying more than middle of the rock bottom prices for tools only really makes sense if you use them daily.

My insulated screw drivers basically I spared no expense, nor did I for my nut drivers. I use never don't have at least one in my pockets. My pliers are about half high brand like knipex and t&b crimpers etc, and the other half channel locks and stuff like that.

My sockets. pry bars, wrenches, hammers etc are harbor freight, craftsman, gear wrench, whatever was on sale. Yeah they are clearly not as good but I don't use them for much and nothing very challenging.

It all has to do with how much you are going to use a tool, and how much it helps you. Anyone who says harbor freight is just as good (without mentioning what tool they are actually talking about) is just as retarded as anyone who says you can't do it without snap on.

That and if you can actually justify upgrading to higher end tools your employer/client will likely chip in or buy you some.

If you drop an engine for your cousin once he isnt going to buy you a nice wrench set. If your doing a 2 million dollar wire job don't be surprised if you can stick a 400 dollar panduit ferrule crimper on the BOM. When you professionally score a professional tool you should match it from personal funds.
>>
>>954545
>When you professionally score a professional tool you should match it from personal funds.

What I mean to say is people who go a years wages into debt to make those wages are pants on head retarded.

You should get a set of 'good cheap' tools, and then when you get to the point pro tools fall from the sky match the dollar amount towards more pro tools. If your actually professional this will actually happen.
>>
Seeing this thread makes me want to post pics of my dad's Snap-On collection. He's retiring this year or the next, but over the 30 years of working at a dealership, he has quite a bit (literally every tool). I, have never been on /diy/, or hands on, never knowing anything about SO except it was a premium brand.

The mentality is this though:
>>951414

If shit breaks, you basically have to stop working on the car, and have to interrupt someone else to borrow their shit. When mechanics are paid by car they fix, well, stopping work isn't worth it.
>>
>>954581
The big problem in this thread is, 30 years ago cheap tools were a whole lot shittier and premium tools werent quite as expensive as they are now.

I can see why experienced mentors would tell people our age to be buying only premium tools as a wise investment. I also have used some cheap but decent Chinese-Taipei made tools.

Its hard to pick a side really.
>>
>>954611
This too. Technology has advanced to the point where the steel used in SnapOn tools can be produced close to the same price as steel used in Harbor Freight tools. It's all similar stuff and wrenches from both companies will break a stuck nut.

If you're going super heavy duty on tools 10 hours a day 5 days a week for a couple decades, investing in high quality tools is a good move. But if you just have a project car or do household repairs, the cheapest tools you can find will do the job just as well.
>>
Harbor Freight is awesome.

I have one like a mile away from my house. I love Miami lol.
>>
>>955532

Yeah Harbor Freight is good as long as you get the right shit there.

You need some zip ties or a tarp or something, cool. You buy tools to do professional work, den dis gon be gud.
>>
Ive actually broken and bent many harbor freight sockets. Especially on rusty suspension parts. Luckily they have lifetime warrenties so u can literally walk in and get new ones. Dont even need a recipt. Thats why i always buy any non electrical, air, etc.at harbor freight.
>>
The Taiwan-made "Pittsburgh Pro" Harbor Freight impact sockets are made from very good chromoly and are much better than anything made in China that they sell.

And if you actually think your Snap On or Matco sockets are literally any better or are made from steels that are anything but pretty much nearly identical from a molecular level, all I can say is that the jews really got you good, goy.

>You buy tools to do professional work, den dis gon be gud.
Idiot. You know why pro wrenches even get Snap On? It's literally psychological. They don't want to use what people who don't do that work for a living use, because it puts their "craft" one step closer to the realm of the average pleb. This is true for literally every fucking profession out there, so don't think I'm singling them out. Would it inconvenience them in the least to use cheap tools? No. Not in today's world, where tool steel is a mature industry and is cheap as it can fucking be. Would it be a much wiser financial decision, for a job that typically doesn't pay much? Yes. Rubes, the lot of them. The "tool truck" business model is an anachronism and it needs to die.
>>
Just don't buy a Harbor Freight studfinder that's all I have to say.
>>
>>953181
>Thinks hakko is an expensive brand
it is on the low-tier of acceptable soldering iron brands. But it is more than enough for the hobbyist, and surely 1000 times better than those cheap chinese soldering irons.
Although use a (more expensive) weller, metcal, ersa or JBC with a good tip and you are sure to notice the difference.
>>
>>955532
Their tool carts are god-tier as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>955549
>he Taiwan-made "Pittsburgh Pro" Harbor Freight impact sockets are made from very good chromoly and are much better than anything made in China

quoting this. They are exceptional. Pretty fat so hard to use in tight spaces on an ordinary ratchet but for their intended use they are god tier value AND not that cheap. Its the ideal combination, value and not too cheap.
>>
>>955549
>The Taiwan-made "Pittsburgh Pro" Harbor Freight impact sockets are made from very good chromoly

Damn son, I just checked and they are.
Their chinese stuff thats cheaper are made from CR-V. The same stuff your chrome sockets are made from. Its good stuff, but it doesnt take impact. And a lot of the cheap impacts are CR-V instead of the superior CR-MO

Like the Tekton or Craftsman impacts are CR-V with a black oxide coating.
>>
File: CompositeRatchets.jpg (15KB, 600x235px) Image search: [Google]
CompositeRatchets.jpg
15KB, 600x235px
>this is now a harbor freight thread.

Why hasnt anyone posted the best bang for buck value in the whole store?
The composite ratchets!

Their chromed 72 tooth professional ratchets are very good, they are the same maker as the Tekton, Kobalt, Titan (and other taiwanese ratchets.).

The composite ratchets have the same exact 72tooth internals as the chromed ones, but they cost half the price.
They dont chrome the ratchet and they put a coat of plastic and rubber on it instead.

You can get the whole set with a coupon for $23.
>>
File: tUvUjGW.jpg (52KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tUvUjGW.jpg
52KB, 600x800px
>>955913
This is what they look like with the plastic and rubber ripped off.

I own the whole set and they are great.
>>
>>955914
Obviously the one con to them is their bigger profile than a chromed ratchet.
They made "low profile" composite ratchets but they cost almost as much as the chrome ones.

Probably not worth those unless you have a specific need for a non conductive thin ratchet.

They are great beater ratchets, they have felt amazing out this winter. Not getting real cold and shit. I cant recommend them enough to someone who wants some cheap but quality ratchets.
>>
>>952381
Cheap multimeters are great. If you need it to be callibrated yearly, then your probably better off buying a new fluke every year. But cheap ones are something like 0.01% accurate or better.
>>
>>955549
Literally the only time you should buy brand name premium tools, is welders. Cheap welders are shit for industrial work
>>
File: circular-saw-blades-badge-set-o.png (107KB, 1160x772px) Image search: [Google]
circular-saw-blades-badge-set-o.png
107KB, 1160x772px
I wish this thread would have stuck to the intended topic instead of this Snap-On bullshit.

I'm going to take the comment about quality cutting tools to heart.
>>
>>953775
>>953777
http://www.ybw.com/vhf-marine-radio-guide/warning-dont-get-confused-between-the-ce-mark-and-the-china-export-mark-4607
>>
>>957385
The thread is a bait thread though, its while purpose is to get snap on fans mad
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.