[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok I need some hardcore advise. On friday I'm getting my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Ok I need some hardcore advise.

On friday I'm getting my first 3d printer, second hand, a XYZ Da Vinci 1.0a. It only has about 40 hours of use on it and it comes with a ton of filament already. It's already had its firmware hacked so it can use other brands of Filament.

Now what I'm getting to is this.

I am going to attempt to make an actual working Pip-Boy Mark IV. Shut up it seems like a challenge.

But I don't want to use a cellphone for it. I'm aiming for a Raspberry Pi with a Touch Screen in it.

Now comes the Issue.
I have no freaking clue what the hell I'm doing.

What I do know.
1.) Where to get the plans for the pip-boy frame.
2.) Where to order the Raspberry and Touch Screen.
3.) How to paint...

I need advice on nearly everything else. Including good sites to learn how to program the Pi. To Correct wiring and everything else.

I do have local resources available. Arch Reactor Hacker Space. But it's a tad bit of a drive. And I'm unsure of the amount of help they could provide.

TD;DR Trying to make a working Pip-boy with programming and lights. How does DIY
>>
When you need advice and pretty much everything, then I have to assume you haven't even tried to google the subject. As for the best source for the Pi. Their own forums.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/
>>
>>946298
I Figured I would come here for guidance.

Google doesn't always get things right 100% of the time. And asking here people have found resources off the beaten path.
>>
Both of these hobbies have very steep learning curves
How about learning the basics of each before you try to jump into a large project eh?
>>
>>946300
Should I just outsource the programming and get assistance with the wiring and just focus on the 3d printing aspect?
>>
>>946300
Honestly I think that beyond having a working understanding of Ohms law and a restricted set of basic electronic components, you don't need much else.

OP's probably a fag that never used a CAD program and can't modify his Pipboy model to fit a Raspberry Pi + LCD screen.

He clearly doesn't understand programming or Linux, otherwise he wouldn't even look up websites on how to "program a Pi."

Basically he knows nothing other than that he bought a 3D printer and can follow instructions.

Which gives us a bad outlook on his ability for completion.
>>
>>946299
Google is your friend for guidance. /diy/ is for help to specific problems and select advice, preferably ones you couldn't find answers to after googling extensively.
>>
>he doesn't realize his pip boy will look like this
>>
Don't do it don't do it

the da vinci uses proprietary filament, there are hacks around it but still

just get a cheap chinese i3 with good reviews
>>
>>946353
Thank you for rational advice.
I might come back around when I need help with a power supply.
>>946411
I think, or I hope I can do a little better then that.
>>946757
Already have that issue bypassed.
And contacted the hacker space I mentioned and they have a guy there that can assist with that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.