[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone help? I'm trying to paint my guitar frets but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160212_085244.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160212_085244.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
Can someone help?
I'm trying to paint my guitar frets
but I don't kind of paint to get.
>>
Anything you put on them will chip or wear away. What color are you going for? If you go the refret route i think there's some alloys that are more blue or gold, that's about your options though
>>
>>945512
Your most durable option is anodizing, which will require a refret and will wear out in a few weeks.

Also you're a faggot for wanting to paint your frets.
>>
Da fuq? Do you never perform bends? No paint is gonna hold up to the scraping of the strings and is just gonna look faggy.
>>
>>945512
There is a solution here...

First, you must scallop your frets. Then, you must re-finish the wood with a stain in the color of your choosing. If you so not want to scallop your frets, then you are indeed out of luck.
>>
>>945643
How the fuck is scalloping the fretboard going to solve his dumb idea?
>>
you are so dumb
you are really dumb
for real
>>
>>946840
>necroposting a dead thread to post ebic memes
>>
>>945512
>trying to paint my guitar frets
they're not meant to be painted.
>>
>>946842
Flat black BBQ paint. Cover the whole guitar for best durability.
>>
>painting frets

What the fuck is wrong with you? Stain them instead.
>>
Plastidip the entire neck faggot
>>
>>945512
>>945643
>>947573
Friendly reminder that frets are the metal part and the metal part only. Also OP, just play the thing. You'll regret painting the frets, fretboard, or anything of the like.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.