[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /diy/ I'm building my own cockpit (pic is something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1833bb.jpg (34KB, 590x443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1833bb.jpg
34KB, 590x443px
Hi /diy/

I'm building my own cockpit (pic is something similar, not the actual one I'm builidng).

I'm getting to the stage where I'm thinking about making it look the part. Any recommendations on best ways of painting/vinyl wrap/finishing?
>>
>>939256
Yeah, you dip the brush in the paint first.
>>
File: cockpit.jpg (80KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
cockpit.jpg
80KB, 450x300px
Where do the birds fight?
>>
>>939264
How the fuck is he going to dip the brush in the paint if he doesn't first open the paint bucket?
>>
Post pictures
>>
been in a cockpit a few times
biggest complaint is that you really need to think about if you're gonna put the stick in the center or to the side.
Extending your arm to the side all the time is pretty stressful.
If it's anything like your pic related, you don't have enough room for a stick and a rudder pedal setup.

Which is to say, wasteful.
>looking the part
As for that, here's pic related. 50's vintage.
The vast majority of the outer trim is simply riveted aluminum sheet while the upper trim is made out of thick wood painted black, about a half inch thick on average.
>>
File: Photo0365.jpg (413KB, 1088x816px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0365.jpg
413KB, 1088x816px
>>939471
Damnit, Hiroshima
>>
>>939256
I heavily modded my Extreme 3d pro joystick.. and made it a super joystick. [and a PS3 controller] it sits on the floor and its got all the bells and whistles of the real thing, expect any force feed back, that kinda sucks, but I wasn't learning /diy/ hydraulics and software programming to push it further.

The joystick itself I modeled based off the P38s joystick.. works for me. I did however add some buttons onto the joystick so it wasn't a direct model.. some games that have missles and shit you need those extra buttons.

Oh and I only used one largish screen. was gonna get a smaller one for gadgets and shit. but then I got tired of viyda games.... and paying so much money to upgrade shit and I just gave up, maybe one day ill dust it all off and do it all over again.
>>
I meant to be asking how to make it look the part. Would paint be good? Would vinyl look good? Would it look rubbish on mdf? Etc
>>
>>939484
I'd imagine you could get a Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro for not very much nowadays.
>>
>>939586
As I said in my previous post, real cockpits are literally just painted. That's painted plywood and painted aluminum sheet right there.

As to whether or not paint will look like rubbish on MDF, I have no idea. I don't paint things.

However, I can say with a good level of confidence that the wood used in the pictured cockpit is plywood.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.