[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am trying to manufacture my own yoga mat out of industry grade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
4KB, 275x183px
Am trying to manufacture my own yoga mat out of industry grade material, not some fabric bullshit.

Is anyone familiar with the material used or the process undergone with making these mats?
>>
>>936111
I can buy medium/high density foam sheets from discount stores for like 2$. have you tried looking up "camping mat" or foam yoga mat online? it costs more to buy a specific quantity of a particular foam for a specialty job than it does to buy a finished product.
>>
>>936111
How much capital do you have?
>>
I suspect it's polyurethane foam-rubber (this stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOOdNyJjhD8). Which is easier to DIY than thermoplastic foams, but still trickier than buying that "Great Stuff" spray polyurethane foam and squirting it between two sheets of plywood (not all urethane foams are created equal).

Overall, I'm with these other guys; it's probably cheaper to just buy a yoga mat or some foam that's already extruded into sheet.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-foam-sheets/=10uizra
>>
>>936111

Just buy a bit thicker foam and glue a sheet of fabric on the other side, and voila, a 10 times better yoga mat than the cheap shit you posted.

Not sure why you want industrial grade yoga mats tough.
>>
>yoga mat out of industry grade material, not some fabric bullshit.
I've been thinking about what this means for a few minutes and haven't really got anywhere. is an industry grade yoga mat just a thicker piece of foam? is it a mattress because that'd be industry grade comfort to lie down on? some vinyl floor tiles you carry around because they'd be far more durable than a yoga mat? an anti fatigue mat? I just don't know
>>
>>936331
Google "diy yoga mat" and you will see what I mean.
>>
>>936454
I couldn't find any diy industry grade foam yoga mats. Please do us a favor and explain instead of telling us to Google and expect us to read your mind. If you want help of course.
>>
>>936331
>industry grade

it means,
it will have a very specific part number out of a large catalog
it comes with a datasheet that will list shore(?) rating, temp ratings (must meet hot yoga spec)
will be iso9001 rated and/or others
it will be rated for 1million cycles before failure (only tested in downward dog)

it will cost an assload
>>
>>936111
You probably shouldn't try to make an industrial-spec yoga mat. You can injure yourself much worse than you could with a simple yoga mat intended for home use, and that's assuming you even manage to get it right. Just don't try it, it's really not worth it when you can get them for as little as a dollar.
>>
>>936111
Just by a rubber mat, part of modular workout flooring, anti fatigue mat, or horse stall mat. Then buy the cheap Walmart towels and you got it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.