[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am making an autonomous drone. Using the usual 4 brushles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 5FanhrU.jpg (40KB, 531x531px) Image search: [Google]
5FanhrU.jpg
40KB, 531x531px
I am making an autonomous drone.

Using the usual 4 brushless motors, 4 ESC, 1 Arduino, 4 ultra sound sensor and 1 drone (everything else like propellers and frame). Besides the spare parts, I am paying around 100$.

I plan to use it indoor so it move around the house avoiding walls and obstacles. It won't have stabilizer, which is why is going to be used indoor.

Its my first time building a drone, and my second time working with Arduino.

I am throwing this out there in case somebody can point out some major fault or something.

It is pretty vague, so I don't expect to get anything, hopefully my own research is enough.

Feel free to ask if you are interested. I am being a lazy jackass right now.

F330 frame: http://www.banggood.com/DJI-F330-4-Axis-RC-Quadcopter-Frame-Kit-Support-KK-MK-MWC-p-943370.html

Brushless Motor 1400KV: http://www.banggood.com/Emax-XA2212-820KV-980KV-1400KV-Brushless-Motor-For-RC-Models-p-918124.html

Propellers: http://www.amazon.com/5pair-8045L-Plastic-Propeller-4-axis/dp/B00LUUEERO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449718754&sr=8-1&keywords=propellers+4.5

ESC 30A: http://www.amazon.com/Qiyun-Brushless-Controller-Multicopter-Helicopter/dp/B00XKX5TBE/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1449711690&sr=1-4&keywords=ESC

Ultrasonic Sensor: http://www.banggood.com/5Pcs-HC-SR04-Ultrasonic-Ranging-Sensor-Ultrasonic-Module-For-Arduino-p-943142.html

Arduino: http://www.amazon.com/LANMU%C2%AE-Atmega328p-Atmega16u2-Version-Arduino/dp/B00SF28U7A/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1449718972&sr=8-9&keywords=arduino
>>
What the fuck do you mean it won't have a stabilizer?

Ultrasonic sensors suck. Changes in air temperature and humidity result in different distance values. They have crazy sidelobes and echos can cause them to do weird things.

Why don't you get it working in simulation first?
V-rep has a simple to use quadcopter simulator that is damn good.
http://www.coppeliarobotics.com/
>>
>>912946
The stabilizer is a module that allows copters and planes to correct his movement in case there appear some undesired movement. I am planning to work without it, only using Arduino and ESC.

About the ultrasonic sensors, I guess I rushed a little bit without thinking about using IR sensor. But since I am pushing for something really simple that works in a kind of controlled environment, I am not asking for much accuracy. Wouldn't be surprised if in the future I change them in case I get it to work.

I downloaded V-REP simulator. I haven't tried anything yet. Am I supposed to download models of each part I am using? For example, download the F330 model frame for the simulator.
>>
>>912946
>>913053
Also thanks for the reply.
>>
>>912919
>>913053
Man you sure like spaces.
>>
You also need a barometer / accelerometer / gyro at the very minimum. Otherwise, it will be very difficult to determine the height / orientation / location of the quad.

Generally, I would say that in order to do indoor nav / object avoidance, you will probably need to use a camera and do some sort of image processing / object detection.
>>
>>913169
lol going to try and fix that habit

>>913396
Going to take the barometer/accelerometer/gyro into account, didn't even know those were a thing. I am thinking about doing indoor navigation with antennas. But my first plan is making if float and avoid whatever gets close to it. I think I can get something working with a lot of tuning.
>>
YOU CANT USE A FUCKING ARDUINO TO FLY AIRCRAFT WELL, GET A KK2 YOU FUCK.
>>
>>913053
So you are trying to build an autonomous quadcopter that doesn't use rate gyros for attitude control? You are gonna have a bad time if you go like that. Quadcopters are unstable, so you need some way to actively stabilize them

V-rep comes with a quadcopter model installed. Should be under robots, mobile robots.
>>
>>913429
OP, flying outdoors is a lot simpler, because there are less things to hit.
>>
>>913429
>Going to take the barometer/accelerometer/gyro into account, didn't even know those were a thing.

what

how did you think quadcopter were flying before? Magic?
>>
>>913053
>I am planning to work without it, only using Arduino and ESC.
Long-time RC enthusiast here... you will NOT build an airworthy quadcopter without some form of closed-loop feedback mechanism. Airplanes and flybar-equipped helis are one thing, but quadcopters are fundamentally unstable and gyros are literally the only thing that make them viable.

Now, Arduino itself can and has been used as a flight stabilizer (look up Ardupilot; plenty of precedent), and if you really want to brew your own then that's certainly doable with a decent set of gyro sensors (such as the tried-and-true Invensense MPU-6000) and a handful of PID controllers driving the ESCs.
>>913396
>barometer
>accelerometer
Not absolutely necessary, but accelerometers are quite helpful if self-leveling (AKA Stabilize mode, AKA angle mode) is desired (so that the FC can determine which way is down upon startup, and possibly correct for gyro drift). Barometers are useful for altitude hold and that's about it, but I usually fly my quads with both of these modes/assists turned off using gyro feedback only.
>>913863
>Using KK2 over APM
Poorfag.
>>
>>912919
> autonomous
> Arduino
> won't have stabilizer

I notice some contradictions.
>>
>>913863
If I don't succeed with Arduino, I am going to try the suggestions I am getting, including yours.

>>913874
Commercially speaking, there is no gyroscope for DIY besides stabilizers, right? Because I haven't found them. The more I read from this thread, the more I am convinced that I need a stabilizer.

>>913876
I am actually scared that when I turn it on, it will fly off to heaven. Besides, I am programming/building so it avoids walls.

>>914029
Its one of those cases where I think it works because it works.

>>914301
Thanks for the information, good thing I made this thread, some people are figuratively screaming to me that I have to get a stabilizer (Invensense MPU-6000 is a stabilizer, right?).

>>915082
I-I am learning.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.