[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can I hardware my smoke detectors like this? or would that fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

can I hardware my smoke detectors like this? or would that fuck up the communication?

this is an older home that I am adding the line to, so its not so easy to line them all up in a row
>>
>>899944

are they supposed to communicate with eachother
>>
>>899944
RTFM.
>>
if that was the most economical way to do it then i would, why not?
but i would also >>899951
>>
The ones I use communicate on the red wire so as long as all those are connected... But yours may be different and I'm sure it's in the manual
>>
>>899973
i installed those in a very large company.. our rule was only 1 in and 1 wire out! so i would i different
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 640x1136px
>>900082
I would I different
>>
Q - Does the communication protocol upon which they are based allow for the use of branch wiring?

A. YES - you gud.
B. NO - you fucked.

RTFM as repeatedly suggested, post the model, or Maker/# if too lazy, etc.

All statements of the obvious aside, for fucking what (?) do smoke detectors need to talk to each other.. <puzzelled>
>>
>>900109
So that when combined with a cloud enabled smartphone app they can tell you which route to take, keep track of your best fire escape times, and log how fucked your house is as it burns
>>
>>900110
- ah OK, Progress, an all, huh..

>what go wrong here, etc.
>>
>>900110
> relying on technology to tell you how to get out of a space you should know through fire drills.
> being entirely focused on the screen of your phone in an emergency instead of ambient warnings like exit signs and emergency lighting.
> being so pants on head retarded that both of the above reply to you.
> muh cloud

I have this horrible vision that in 50 years humanity will need an app to tell them how to procreate, so fucking out of touch with out intuition and self reliance will we be. Gotta have an app for everything or it's too hard, amirite? Having said that, cleansing a building full of people from the gene pool with fire because they were too stupid to RUN FROM THE FUCKING HOT THING after their phone battery went flat doesn't seem so bad either.
>>
>>900109
In some systems, the detectors are powered over the transmission lines. If it's a large building you may also want all alarms to go off at the same time. In full fire detection systems, the sensors will also be connected to a control panel that can automatically alert the fire department, control fire doors, evacuation alarms, etc. etc.
>>
>>900110
gay as fuck
please kill yourself now

interlinked smoke detectors are good if you have a big house e.g. an alarm beeping downstairs wouldn't wake you up but upstairs would.

but it only alerts you to the presence of smoke
there is absolutely no fucking way you should rely on information from a network that will become compromised by the fire.

you should know your possible escape routes, normally you don't have that many, just out the door or if you are a prepper out a window and down a rope ladder.

it doesn't take much smoke at all to trigger a detector and they usually don't tell you how thick it is or what kind of material is burning.

avoiding a room that is only thinly smogged could get you killed if the fire spreads and traps you.

damp rag to breathe through, keep low, touch doors to gauge heat, know your fucking exits.

smart phone what the fuck seriously.
>>
File: 1445536568133.png (534KB, 598x512px) Image search: [Google]
1445536568133.png
534KB, 598x512px
>>900082
>i would i different
>>
>>900138
calm your shit gramps. i bet cavemen saw spears and fire and thought the world was going to shit because they no longer hunted with their bare hands or ate raw meat.

i understand your anger, and share it, but do some introspection m8 and you'll see that your grandparents probably felt the same about you and your generation.
>>
>>901176
i think when people were regularly dying in house fires and someone suggested an alarm that would save them there were very few people who were genuinely opposed to the idea.

nowadays we have less gas lamps and candles so people have become lazy but thats different.

but i don't see anyone except op falling over themselves for a smartphone smoke detector because as soon as you think about it for 10 seconds you realise it has serious flaws.

You know they have a smartphone app that links to a bluetooth toothbrush now? you can personalise your brushing!
there is absolutely no feedback, neither the brush or the phone knows if your teeth are clean or not. you could brush the same tooth for 3 minutes and it would congratulate you on what a good job you did.

this needs to stop.
people need to engage their brains.
>>
>>901160
>>900112
>smart phone what the fuck seriously.

When posting for an American audience, don't attempt to use humour. They will take your obvious joke seriously, and point out the hazards of its implementation.
>>
>>901185
If you're not home you might want to be alerted to a house fire before seeing it on the evening news. And when you're cooking it would be useful to reduce the sensitivity of the detectors for half an hour or so.
>>
>>901185
there have always been retards and suckers anon. the fact that the majority don't bluetooth toothbrushes is a pretty good indication that people realize it for what it is. i mean just look at your statement...
>i don't see anyone except op falling over themselves for a smartphone smoke detector because as soon as you think about it for 10 seconds you realise it has serious flaws

also im like 80 percent sure that >>900110
was a joke post.
>>
>>901206
if you have heat detectors in the kitchen and an extractor like a normal person cooking is not an issue.

>>901209
the post might have been a joke but i have no doubt this either is or soon will be a real thing.
>>
>>901211
But you do want smoke detectors as well. In non-residential detection systems it's very common to have combination smoke/heat detectors, and disable the smoke detectors fully or partially during business hours.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.