[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

15 years of red clay stain on brick. Power washing does nothing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_20151029_104539.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151029_104539.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
15 years of red clay stain on brick. Power washing does nothing. Bleach does nothing.

Am I just fucked?
>>
>>895318

did you try pressure washing it?
>>
File: Brick Wall Rainbow.jpg (150KB, 590x392px) Image search: [Google]
Brick Wall Rainbow.jpg
150KB, 590x392px
looks fine as is.

some people have to pay to get that graduated color look. you got it for free.
>>
>>895320
Yes, did nothing
>>
>>895325

what about bleach?
>>
>>895326

Right, bleach + pressure wash was no help. You can see in the pic one spot where the pressure wash just ripped the face off one of the bricks.
>>
>>895329
Just paint over the fucking thing, it's probably absorbed deep inside the brick. Put a girdle around the bottom 1/3rd of your house.
>>
You can take the surface layer off of brick with Muriatic acid, which can be bought at concrete suppliers and probably home depot. Follow the instructions!
>>
paint
>>
>>895337

This, its what masons use to wash off morter that gets on the brick face after pointing and laying brick, grab a stiff bristle brush while you are buying the acid too.
>>
>>895337
Brick is porous. Once it absorbs deep enough in, the acid won't be much help.

Tried acid washing rust off of a concrete breeze way. Got a little heavy handed at one point with the Muriatic acid, and exposed the aggregate. The stain is still present.
>>
>>895388

So you're saying I'm fucked then
>>
>>895390
Paint it with concrete sealer. Its thick as fuck. Or masonry paint.
>>
>>895390
Possibly. I mean, it's worth a shot. Half of those bricks look like shit anyways. The worst is that you'll end up matching the rest of them.
>>
>>895318
I think you've got it reversed, bub. Looks to me like the bottom of the wall is the natural iron oxide color of red brick where the white shit on the rest of the wall has washed away. Power wash the whiter bricks and prove me wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (516KB, 962x724px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
516KB, 962x724px
You could make a bubble gum wall*.

*Some assembly required. Fatbabby not included.
>>
brick IS clay, ya dingus. it's supposed to be red, it's the white that's the problem, it faded or something is covering it. powerwash the white or just paint the brick
>>
>>895398
>>895405

>brick is only ever installed in its natural color

Are you honestly this uninformed?
>>
acid wash it, then white wash it
>>
>>895405
your a retard.

in my area, we have cream colored brick. not red.

with blends and tents, you can have any color of brick.
>>
>>895411
>>895406

why is there red showing through where the white bricks are chipped?
>>
>>895318
looks to me like the white covering faded away. Get some white cement or masonry paint and touch up the red brick and the top ones too. They look shitty and faded. It'll make the entire house look much better and would be worth the investment.
>>
>>895318

Sand blast that shit.
>>
>>895318
>not wanting glorious Southern red clay stains all over your house
>>
File: redditspecialneeds.jpg (52KB, 522x700px) Image search: [Google]
redditspecialneeds.jpg
52KB, 522x700px
I would get on /r/SouthCarolina
and ask. Red clay is all over the place there. Might get some good ideas. Especially since the recent flooding.
>>
I would Whitewash it with calsomine, even with strong and harsh weather you just need to renew it every 3-5 years. It´s an natural product and quite easy to use.
>>
>>895318
its too bad you cant make the rest of the brick as red as the bottom. i actually like the bottom better than the top
>>
I don't think those are real bricks. Look at the red under the white up top and the concrete color under the red down below. You should probably just paint it. If you keep fucking with it you'll end up ripping off more of the fake brick surface.
>>
>>895318
Hey OP...ever occured to you that thise red wood chips are probably the culprit?
>>
File: IMG_20151031_081530.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151031_081530.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>tfw muriatic acid

Feels pretty god damn great desu
>>
brick yards should have a chemical called heavy duty restoration cleaner, apply it 1 part cleaner to 3 parts water, brush it on wait 5 min and power wash off
>>
>>895985
you fucking dink he already cleaned it and gave more useful information than your fictional story

s@ge for stupidity
>>
>>895318
why not paint it?
>>
>>895318
Did you try turning it off and on again
>>
File: RedWall.webm (2MB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
RedWall.webm
2MB, 640x428px
>>895318

Paint it red
>>
>>895318
Just go get some sodium hexa-meta phosphate...make a 25% solution spray on or cover with clothe and keep it wet...repeat a couple of times pressure wash...we use it to separate clay particles....you can order on line or get a box of Calgon fabric cleaner...it's about 90% H-M-phosphate ...you are not fucked. may have to do a couple of times...do this, make solution,, wet cloth, start timer, place on one test brick...try different times to determine best soak time...go from there. Also works on DryVit and other surfaces.
>>
>>895318
Tear it down and start again mate
>>
>>895437
This, sandblast it. Your wall is stained red on the bottom and white on the top
>>
>>895977
acid FTW!
>>
>>895663
I agree with this tripfag. That is totally a bunch of tannins seeping into the brick from those wood chips you have down there. Either put some sort of barrier between the wood and the brick, or deal with this again next time they get wet.
>>
File: Rhys-Darby-in-The-Office.jpg (23KB, 570x321px) Image search: [Google]
Rhys-Darby-in-The-Office.jpg
23KB, 570x321px
>>895318
You could always try anticlay.
>>
>>895318
hydrogen peroxide, but I don't know how much concentrated
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.