[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I'm basically fucked in Florida right now, too late

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Ok so I'm basically fucked in Florida right now, too late to leave my house but I'm not super prepared. Flooding isn't a problem where I live but I'm worried about wind damage. We have impact resistant windows but I'm still looking to reinforce them some more. Plywood sheets are totally unavailable at this point. My idea is to put rolls of wire mesh (or something else better at dampening force) in my windows, cover it with plastic sheeting, then nail some 2x4s over it. Do you think this would work or do you have any other ideas for securing windows?
>>
>>1241381
Forgot to mention I also thought of plywood lining the window recess and inserting rebar in between
>>
>>1241381
Why didn't you get wood a week ago?
>>
File: IMG_8533.png (121KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8533.png
121KB, 500x324px
>>1241386
Because I wanted to leave earlier, then it was trending away, and now it's coming straight at me. My house can stand a cat 2 or 3 but now I just want to be sure. Hindsight is always 20/20 you fuck. so do you have some legitimate knowledge or do you just spit milk out your ass
>>
>>1241388
Yup, you are retarded. You guys get hit with how many hurricanes every year? Where are your storm shutters? Where is your stockpile of plywood and tarps? Gee, it will never happen to me, I only live on a shit log 3 feet above sea level poking out into the middle of the hurricane highway. Everything will be fine.

Move everything away from your windows and put up some sheets or something on the outside if your windows blow out. That will at least keep some of the rain from getting in and doing more damage. Also, review your home owners insurance. Be prepared for what they will and will not cover and how much you are on the hook for. You have that at least, right?
>>
>>1241381
Find a neighbours house who've already evacuated and disasemble it for building supplies

also steal their shit
>>
>>1241393
Jamal! That you bro?
>>
>>1241381
Inb4 a hurricane sweeps your house
>>
>>1241381
You have 24 hours to get out. More than enough time. Expect 13 hours on the road though.
>>
>>1241381
St FL here.

You hurricane glass will be fine. If you had shutters I'd tell you to put them up, but you don't. Spend what time you have left securing the outside.
>>
You are a legend! I would hurry quick and make wooden arc ways or use plywood. Anything is better than nothing, but I'm no expert so don't take my word for it.
>>
>>1241381
Who the fuck lives in florida for more than a month and doesn't have storm shutters or a stockpile of ply under the stairs in the basement?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.