[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, all. Was thinking of making an arcade controller. Is al

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Hey, all. Was thinking of making an arcade controller. Is all I need are these buttons/joystick and the little controller board they sell with it? Wire it up and plug it in instead of the crappy little hand held controllers?
https://www.banggood.com/Arcade-DIY-Replacement-Part-Set-Kits-USB-Encoder-JoystickPush-Buttons-p-1148835.html?rmmds=flashdeals
>>
>>1238399
Basically. It looks to be one of the shittiest kits I have ever seen but yeah, it should work. For the price, you won't have lost much money if the buttons turn out to be mushy and the joystick terrible. If it does work out for you, hey, bonus. If not, you can always build with better components when you make Mark II. Learning on a cheap kit is never a bad idea.
>>
>>1238399
It should be ok. The controller will be but short if you don't top mount it on the panel, and the buttons, although definitely not original sanwa buttons, will work ok. I would advise making sure you have the right tools before you start... The last buttons I got were 30mm buttons, and a torn apart garage and 3 hardware stores later, I decided to just order the hole saw on the net, because I was not about to spend $25 on some overpriced shit brand.
>>
>>1238399
I mean all a controller is made of is some buttons, a joystick and a micro controller.
>>
>>1238525
And a box, and a finish and design on the control panel, and most importantly, love for the game
>>
>>1238399
i wonder how this pink knob will feel inside my ass
can you try it and give me a opinion, anon?
>>
>>1238565
I'm imagining you'd prefer the black knob, reminding you more of what you're getting on the reg, my friend.
>>
epic XD
>>
Yea but before you buy that:
1. those are snap-in buttons which can only snap in to a hole made in a very thin, strong piece of material (between 2.4-4.2mm thickness if it's a sanwa copy). So depending on the material you're going to make the box out of, that might not be ideal (like for wood). There are screw-in buttons you can get instead that can go into much thicker material.
2. cheap arcade parts often suck and can result in bad inputs. idk anything about the quality of those, if you're trying to throw something together for cheap or don't plan on using it a lot, those might be fine. If you want to spend a lot of time making a nice controller or plan on using it a lot, then it might be worth it to get sanwa or seimitsu parts.
3. If you're planning on using it with PS4 I wouldn't trust that PCB unless they release regular updates. PS4 updates their firmware to break third-party controllers all the time. I have a Brook PCB and they release a patch every time PS4 messes with custom controllers.
most everything else you need to know is here http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html
>>
>>1238825
Any recommended button set? Would probably make a wood box for it, so would need to screw in buttons, I guess.
>>
>>1238829
check the spreadsheet towards the bottom of this page:
http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/attributes_brands.html
I used the Sanwa OBSN-30's in my wood box, I like that style of button - very short activation and hardly any resistance. I guess the Seimitsu are similar. Happ (American-style) buttons are a different, more springy kind of button.
>>
Can these controllers be used in anything? Win10? xbox1? PS4?

thanks
>>
>>1238842
there isn't a spreadsheet for the USB interface controllers, is there?
>>
File: toplad.jpg (44KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
toplad.jpg
44KB, 260x260px
>>1238757
oh my, i never though there's a option B(lack)
>>
>>1239145
>win10
Yes
>xbone
Some boards, check compatibility beforehand
>ps4
as anon above said, PS4 fucks with third party controllers and you should definitely check beforehand for compatibility.
>>
>>1238757

I suppose you prefer red concerning your naive political leanings.
commie bastard
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.