[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently picked up an all steel workbench like picture related,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

I recently picked up an all steel workbench like picture related, but heavier (same length but 2 sets of drawers and a full shelf underneath). Same manufacturer though. Because of limited space, I need the ability to move it around. So, I put some casters on it. The problem is they raise the height of the table too much. What are some ways that I can attach wheels to this monster without making it more than an inch or two taller?

I was thinking of some kind of Z shaped bracket that I could attach to the feet that would allow me to mount the casters behind the feed instead of under them. I have no idea how to search for something like this though. The legs of the bench are 6 inches wide and have two mounting holes in them. Any ideas?
>>
File: 1504405827256.jpg (261KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
1504405827256.jpg
261KB, 1280x855px
Mount the casters on the braces.
>>
>>1237862
this, but figure out a bracket to raise and lower them with a handle so you can set it on the feet when you're not moving it
>>
>>1237862
>>1237868
Hey, not a bad idea! I'll have to build a frame or something because the braces are about 8 inches off the ground but that should work pretty well.
>>
>>1237851
weld flats to the legs

>i can't weld though, i'm a fucking faggot
well then put 2x4's on the on the bottom and screw some building hangers into the legs and the lumber.
>>
>>1237871
weld scissor jacks to those braces. Bolt a 2x4 to the scissor jack and attach the castors to the 2X4.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.