[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme? Will this reduce food odor? Isn't ozone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 61vEtaLMCOL._SY400_.jpg (66KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
61vEtaLMCOL._SY400_.jpg
66KB, 500x333px
Is this a meme? Will this reduce food odor?
Isn't ozone bad for you?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013UKVL2M/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_469_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5TNFHAW7DH8A4GQGH307&dpPl=1&dpID=91xBtBQRWgL

I need something to dry my shoes, and not make em smell after 12+ hour days.
>>
>>1236017
Gold bond foot powder spray. Works like a charm on the shoes and your feet. Get the light blue bottle. Shaq likes it, so why the fuck not? I use it on my work boots and they don't smell at all.
>>
Just put them in the sun or throw a shit load of salt inside, senpai
>>
>>1236025
>salt
>why do my feet look like jerky after a good hike?

OP, go with gold bond AND an anti fungal spray

t. sweaty feet
>>
>>1236017
Ozone is good at killing bacteria and breaking down organic compounds, so yeah it probably works.

It's also bad for you and for natural rubber.
>>
>>1236017
It's an approach often used for sterilization and air cleaning, so if the problem is bacterial/fungal it may works.
Ozone is extremely harmful for the respiratory system, but luckily it doesn't last long and decay soon (matter of minutes or hours IIRC) in oxygen, and that thing is not going to produce a lot of it. So just avoid running it in a non-ventilated area with other people if you are worried.

That said, I'm sure there are lot of other remedies for this kind of problem.
>>
>>1236024
Not effective, doesn't actually dry my shoes.
>>1236025
Not an option to leave shoes outside, and it's dark by the time I'm home
>>
File: engineerBoot.jpg (279KB, 1000x970px) Image search: [Google]
engineerBoot.jpg
279KB, 1000x970px
Newspaper. Just like crinkle/ball up newspaper and stuff your boots. It absorbs the moisture(what smells). I just usually do this on weekends, and then spray some febreze whatever in them when I take them off daily.

Freeze 'em. Not sure if this works 100% but I've done it a couple times. Just throw them in a bag and chuck them in the freezer. Take them out a day before you wear em though(else you'll chew your feet up in stiff boots).

Aerosols work better than powders. As I find the powder just kinda mushes up and bunches up in the toe of the boot overtime. Unlike aerosols which leave no residue.
>>1236024

Might also wanna look at keeping care/cleaning your feet better.
>>
File: 20170830_120935.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170830_120935.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>1236054
>bike boots
>>
>>1236058
Fuck sideways pic, I suck
>>
>>1236032
what this anon said.

An ozone machine is the same thing hotels use to remove smoke smells from rooms that were non smoking and someone smoked in them. Ozone machines make o3, which chemically bonds and destroys odor causing molecules.

It quickly turns into o2, around 5 minutes, but should not be used in occupied rooms and in rooms with pets and/or plants. Run the machine for 30 minutes perhaps in the garage, unplug or have it hooked to a timer, and in 5 minutes, it is safe to enter the room.
>>
>>1236017
Ozone is a very effective deodorizer, but the concentration necessary to burn out embedded smells effectively is enough to kill you quickly. So consumer-grade generators made for continuous use in occupied areas are generally gimmicks. A regular boot dryer should go a long way to reducing boot smells. That said, the Amazon reviews you linked are generally favorable, with most claiming some effect, so who knows.

I have two pairs of work boots that I wear on alternate days, with the non-worn pair spending a day on a regular boot dryer.
>>
>>1236017
Get a regular boot dryer without the ozone bullshit.

Odor in shoes comes from bacterial growth in the moist environment. Simple dry heat from a boot dryer is more effective than any amount of ozone you could pump In there.

The ozone meme is just a way to charge $70 for a $20 product with the addition of $5 worth of electronics.
>>
Ozone is great but you shouldn't use it every time you dry your boots. Buy a separate ozone generator and put the whole thing in a bag (if you just poke the hose in, it will force ozone-laden air out of the bag or pop it). An ozone concentration sufficient to deodorise is harmful so, if it's effective it will be discharging into the open air and if it's safe it will be ineffective.

For reference (I'm not advocating a sniff test, just so you understand). Said effective concentration won't smell faintly of high voltage discharge, it will smell like your whole respiratory tract is on fire.
>>
>>1236017
Science fun fact: persperation emits no odor. Bacteria processing it does.
>>
Op here.

I bought it. It's a dryer and it reads ozone. I can barely smell it. 10 minutes was enough time to dry my sweaty shoes. Didn't smell bad either afterwards.

We'll see if it helps foot odor.

I wash my feet regularly, and alternate shoes so that they have time to dry on their own, and wear new socks everyday, but my feet stil stink in as littlr as 2 hours. Foot spray doesn't help.

I don't like washing shoes, so I hope this is going to disinfect
>>
>>1236556
Another science fun fact:
It's a single protein that gets excreted with the swat that gets eaten by bacteria and turned into odor.
Most of Asians don't have a gene that allows for excretion of that protein, making them naturally less smelly.
>>
>>1236986
I like you.
>>
>>1236017
The problem is not the boots, its you. So to tackle the problem you need to not be a filthy sewaty nigger.
>>
Yes yes yes it is a God send I have it and it keeps my boots smelling like nothing but oil and leather. Can have a boot wet inside from splash and it dries it over night.
>>
Put your shoes / boots in a plastic bag then throw them in the freezer, the bacteria that causes the smell can't survive below 0c.
I have been using this trick for 5 years since I heard about it.
>>
While we're on the subject, how the fuck do I care for my leather work boots? I just work in a warehouse, so they don't see the environmental abuse some do. Also, the leather is starting to peel away from the bottom in one tiny spot after about 6 months, what do I use to glue that back?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.