[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents gave me a bitchin' house in downtown Manhattan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: prod_12126200112.jpg (262KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
prod_12126200112.jpg
262KB, 2000x2000px
My parents gave me a bitchin' house in downtown Manhattan but the interior is quite dated. I am going to start by replacing the kitchen appliances and my first project is going to be the stove. The current stove is at least 30+ years old and has electric or ceramic heating surfaces. It makes a lot of weird clicks and pops and shit so I don't feel comfortable using it and want to get rid of it and replace with a nice modern GE (preferable fire)

ANYWAYS, is this something I am capable of tackling myself or should I just pay an experienced company to do it for me? Can I even switch from an electric stove to a fire/gas stove? I'll start my taking the measurements of my current stove and disconnecting all of it to see what size I can fit in there. Anyone have experience with this?
>>
>>1235965
>in downtown Manhattan

cool. whereabouts? I own several properties in Central Park South, live in one about half the year when I'm not in the Hamptons or abroad, and rent the others to pay the bills.

We should do lunch sometime when I'm in the city.
>>
If there is a gas line near the stove area, there will usually be a valve and pipe ready for a stove. Pull your stove out and look.

Electric stoves make clicking sounds. This is normal. It's the sound of relays opening and closing so your coils maintain the temperature you set them to.

Home Depot and other places will deliver for free within a certain distance of the store. This sometimes will include appliance removal also. A sales person at your local appliance store will be happy to let you know.

If you need a gas line installed, I would recommend hiring someone. NY probably has some strict codes around gas lines since large cities tend to fear fire.
>>
>>1235965
Even if you're made of money no need to waste it, you'll probably want to replace the kitchen soon anyway. So why not just replace everything at once.

Then you can abandon the unergonomic placement of the oven under the hobs as well.
>>
>>1235976
>>1235965

fake richfags pls go, or donate to my salvaged technology project, pick 1
>>
>>1235965
If you have to ask about replacing a stove then you don't need to be doing anything DIY.
>>
>>1235965
There probably isn't a gas line or you'd already have a gas stove. Assuming you are in a building and not a single family, you probably won't be able to get gas either. Even if you could, it would likely require a licensed and bonded contractor and, shit, I couldn't even guess what that would cost.

Just go pick out a nice induction or glass top stove at Best Buy, price match it (or just talk them down), and then have them deliver, remove, and install.

This is a case where DIY doesn't make sense.
>>
>>1235965
installing a new electric range is easy. you may have to change the cord or the outlet, either is simply done with a screwdriver and pliers, just turn off the breaker.

your ability to replace with a gas range depends on whether there is gas service. pull out the range and look to see if its there.

but for the record, if youre calling a gas range a "fire stove" and your idea of a nice new range for a "bitchin house" in downtown manhattan is a fuck GE piece of shit, you should kys

why the fuck would you not get a decent range like a viking or at least a made in america is beyond me
>>
>>1237060
Aga or nothing bitch
>>
>>1237060
new asshole, torn
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.